Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually got to see it, It was pretty. Guess living in the south on a non cloudy night has its good points.
    How does it feel knowing you just got owned by a girl?

Cloudy here as well, of course

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trucidor View Post
    Setting my telescope up now - will try to get some pictures up soon for all those stuck with clouds.
    Would be great Thanks

Just finished work (week of night shifts before Christmas ftl) and saw it as I was driving home. Pulled over just to make sure I didn't crash into anyone.

Dear Blizz. Please put Crumpets into the game.

OMG It is Amazing! Lucky enough to have great weather for it North Florida

10+ Year Old Account
    shame i cant see it here in the UK

the Eclipse is so bad ass....fucking blood red moon outside
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naevia View Post
    OMG It is Amazing! Lucky enough to have great weather for it North Florida
    South alabama had great weather for it as well. It's been 60 here all day
    How does it feel knowing you just got owned by a girl?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and it is beautiful. Enjoy it while it last.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova18 View Post
    Would be great Thanks
    Well, they did not turn out as well as I expected. Usually I can take decent moon photos with just a cell phone camera, but forgot that the moon being dimmer would make a difference. Here they are anyway.

Photos really don't do it justice. I'm sure there will be higher quality images available soon, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can barely see it here in new york, but theres these 3 stars that are soooooooo bright.

10+ Year Old Account
    They still look great thanks for those , i'm sure some more will crop up later on

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    I can barely see it here in new york, but theres these 3 stars that are soooooooo bright.
    Are they in the vicinity of the moon?

Sirius should be the brightest start in that area, a good bit southwest of the moon. There's also Capella, which is dead east of the moon, and would be the second brightest star. Finally you'd have Betelgeuse, which is about half the distance between Sirius and the moon (still southwest). It would have a reddish/orange tint to it, and wouldn't be as bright as the other two.

If I had to guess, those would be the three bright ones you're seeing. But with the moon being so dim, there's a lot of normally washed-out stars that could now be visible.

Perfectly clear in Colorado, had a great view of it. Awesome. Yule Blood Moon 2010. Never again in your life, or your grandkids' lives.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    Perfectly clear in Colorado, had a great view of it. Awesome. Yule Blood Moon 2010. Never again in your life, or your grandkids' lives.
    That's not entirely true - there's a few total lunar eclipses over the next decade that will be viewable from North America:

April 14, 2014
    October 8, 2014
    September 28, 2015
    January 21, 2019

And there'll be others in that time frame too, although we won't get to see them.

Now, for total lunar eclipses taking place on the winter solstice, this is the first one since 1638, and the next one won't be until December 21, 2094. So we won't be alive to see this specific date/eclipse combo again, although our grandkids might have a shot at it.

I was sitting in a skype call tonight and a lot my friends started screaming OMG GOT TO GO OUTSIDE FOR THE ECLIPSE. So I was alone

I'm from the Pacific Northwest...onliest thing we see in the sky are clouds. Most of the time said clouds have water falling out of them.

Wish I could

I saw it last night, girlfriend's sister/mom informed us it was going on and we managed to get out there and see it with no clouds. Wish I had a better camera to get pics of it, but ah well, was very neat to see. According to my boss today, there was also a meteor shower going on at the same time.
    Pata pata pata pon. Pata pata pata pon. pon pon pata DIE*stabstabstab*