Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm sure their excuse is "we want to work on creating new content and leave the old stuff in the past", but they definitely do have the resources to pull it off if they wanted to update all old models.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    I long for the day they upgrade models across the board with their updated versions!
    Would love to see that just for the sake of seeing Vanilla and TBC era models all in modern style.

There's a lot of one-off models that will probably never get remade though, like Magisters Terrace Kael'thas, Zul'jin, and all the unique Troll Boss models from ZA/ZG. I'd love to see them give em a nice revamp though just for kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonflight10 View Post
    Because you are maybe 10 ppl only care about this
    Do you care?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Would love to see that just for the sake of seeing Vanilla and TBC era models all in modern style.

There's a lot of one-off models that will probably never get remade though, like Magisters Terrace Kael'thas, Zul'jin, and all the unique Troll Boss models from ZA/ZG. I'd love to see them give em a nice revamp though just for kicks.
    I'm the inverse I rather see them as perood pieces. I recall they tried a middle ground with that once with character models but it quickly multiplied the work for designing armor to drastically.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love for them to update models across the board; so the new Kalecgos model would also appear in Magister's Terrace and Northrend.
    Or the new Drakonid-models would also appear in the Nexus... or the new dragon models being updates in pretty much any dungeon that has dragons/drakes...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Main Universe Orcs were also graphically updated in WOD when we encountered all the new orcs, including the ones in Outland. Don't think too hard about it.
    Far from all of them though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    I long for the day they upgrade models across the board with their updated versions!
    They have been actually doing this type of stuff in the background since at least Legion. Nowadays when you level through EK and Kalimdor you can clearly notice many modern models, but there's still a long way to go and IMO at this point its the terrain that looks too outdated at this point in EK and Kalimdor.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    They have been actually doing this type of stuff in the background since at least Legion. Nowadays when you level through EK and Kalimdor you can clearly notice many modern models, but there's still a long way to go and IMO at this point its the terrain that looks too outdated at this point in EK and Kalimdor.
    Yeah I know, but not enough; there's a ton of old models that haven't been updated yet.