Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    damn i love it,
    though it breaks my heart that ill lose prep and burstofspeed when i take step
    i rlly wanna know how fast and easy talent switching will be, im gonna swap alot
    for each situation

T1 shadow focus
    T2 nerve strike, myes MOAR peeling from my epic rogue, healers i know you love me,
    shadowdance cheap all enemies around ya ty rogue you saved the day again
    T3 leeching or recup, incombat regen vs perma regen, think ill actually pick recup for 2s and bgs
    (the supah annoying 5cp vanish and come back full hp) and leeching for 3s
    T4 Shadowstep for 2s, burstofspeed for 3s
    T5 deadly brew
    T6 def dance for 3s, but i still need to see how vend and ks will turn out

Is Shadow Focus working with Shadow Dance? If it is... I expect THOUSAND TEARS from other classes.
    I'm excited with this "talent trees", as you have said
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    I think I'll miss cookie cutter though! Now everyone will be different or well lots of variation
    There will be everyone in different spec. Cookie cutter is nice... But I think i like "variations" more, like it was in Wotlk.
    And of course your thread is better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Is Shadow Focus working with Shadow Dance? If it is... I expect THOUSAND TEARS from other classes.
    Dont be silly ofc it doesnt work with shadow dance xD
    i wish i did, but quite obvious it wont

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gvd13 View Post
    Every rogue gets shadowstep? This is crazy, they're obviously trying to get people to play again and it's working, i want to resub.
    Wrong. Every rogue CAN get shadowstep.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalwolf View Post
    Paralytic Poison is actually very bad, if you think about it: it will share dimishing return with Cheap Shot and Kidney Shot.
    This is pure speculation. Not fact.

If it does share a DR with KS/CS, then don't expect it to be used. If it doesn't, hello Mace Spec 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

I wonder what kind of changes in rotation/general playstyle we'll see? Hopefully something will be done so the rotation isn't so bland, predictable, and generally unexciting (at least my opinion, every other dps spec has some sort of proc that changes things up when all we get are combo points >>).

Not only that, but right now it sounds like the Monk class is Rogue 2.0. Using Chi (energy) to gain light and or dark power (combo point system v3, v2 being holy power lol), using agility leather and agility one handers (minus daggers, which I wouldn't be surprised if that changed), and of course being the new thing will most likely have them vastly out number rogues. And we all know how many people play hybrids and choose not to tank or heal :P

Very nice changes. The best thing is top have very similar/powerful talents, so the choice will be really hard. Anyway, my choices (mostly PvE point of view):

T1: Subterfuge. 3 openers in a row > a free opener imho. A cheap-garrote-ambush combo is very strong.
    T2: CR is meh. Nerve strike is really good for leveling. PvP side having a ranged interrupt can be really strong.
    T3: Leech poison is cool, but if i need to replace another poison, i'm going for imp recuperate or cheat death instead (losing too much dmg and/or debuffs).
    T4: CD reset VS blink VS snare remover. Hard choice. PvE, depends on the fight, but baseline i'd take Prep.
    T5: PvE deadly brew. PvP, there are pros and cons for every talent, so again a difficult choice. Stunning poison is cool, but way too predictable, dispellable, and probably shares DR with other stuns.
    T6: KS is basically 5cp-finisher-5cp-finisher-5cp + shadowstep. Shadow dance is control + burst. Vendetta is burst + some ranged damage. PvE, i'd go with the latter, both for damage and ranged attack. PvP, it's your choice, but Vendetta coupled with Deadly Throw looks sexy (and will be nerfed after 1 day XD).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYufa View Post
    Leeching Poison is making think that weapon swaping will make a comeback.
    (For reference: "subsequent weapon strikes against the poisoned target will heal you for 10% of damage dealt.")
    Reading the description of Leeching Poison, if it means a ppm for the heal, then yes weapon swapping would/could be appropriate.
    However, ppm mechanics historically have "...has/have a chance to..." in the description, so I am lead to believe that this will be on each weapon strike. Thus the only thing that will matter to increase healing is to increase weapon dps, not increase/decrease weapon speed.
    Last edited by Merope; 2011-10-31 at 03:46 PM. Reason: i r speel gudly

I wonder how throwing your weapon instead of using a thrown weapon will effect FOK. I'm hoping that BF will now proc from FOK as it did in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I wonder how throwing your weapon instead of using a thrown weapon will effect FOK. I'm hoping that BF will now proc from FOK as it did in the past.
    More likely that they'll just reword BF to work based on "melee" attacks. But, otherwise, I'm sure they'll revert FoK to what it was previously.

I didnt see it mentioned yet, but maybe I overlooked it, and if its not mentioned I cant believe someone hasn't said anything about it yet.... Burst of speed+Shadow focus sounds yummy

The changes seem awesome but if we are getting all these cool stuff I wouldn't be surprised if every class can select a talent like:
    "Your next hit can kill every rogue in 1 mile and restores your HP and MP, you also become immune to all kind of stuns/poisons and rogue like skills for 3 months this effect can't happen more than once per 0.0000000000001 seconds".

Lets be honest, Blizzard hasn't been so generous with rogues for a long time. Hope this next expansion change the things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychtcviper View Post
    I didnt see it mentioned yet, but maybe I overlooked it, and if its not mentioned I cant believe someone hasn't said anything about it yet.... Burst of speed+Shadow focus sounds yummy
    Indeed, infinite sprint ftw.

As far as cookie cutter specs go, it will happen.
    Its only a mater of time before all pvp rogues figure out the best talent per tier combo,
    That give the best dps/burst, control, mobility. The sub spec right now has everything
    And is so good and a lot of fun to play. the only thing I would add atm is improved energy regen
    without sacrificing anything else. I'm not to happy about changing again but I know we all will
    master what we are given. I give it 2-3 months before cookie cutter is back.

Deleted
    Just read on the front page that "Restless Strikes is now available to all Rogues."

Shouldn't that be "relentless strikes" ?

because

1. it was subtlety only before and is now not flagged as spec only anymore.
    2. I cannot find a "restless strikes" ability anywhere, or i must have missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by patcherke View Post
    Just read on the front page that "Restless Strikes is now available to all Rogues."

Shouldn't that be "relentless strikes" ?

because

1. it was subtlety only before and is now not flagged as spec only anymore.
    2. I cannot find a "restless strikes" ability anywhere, or i must have missed something.
    "Relentless Blades" is Combat only, "Restless Strikes" is all Rogues.

I personally can't think of any but I'd really love if anyone had any ideas on new rogue abilities, not overpowered ones, just either something silly or fun to look forward to. I've been looking at the other talent trees for the other classes and there are so many fun new things, or even new things that might not work nicely but it's still something to look forward to. What do I have to look forward to? Leveling from 85-90 without my major cds then getting them back, gee whizz thanks. All i can see us getting "new" are 3 random mostly pvp utility poisons. I like the healing one but from a purely pve standpoint, it doesn't seem like rogues are getting much love. I don't want to be able to control adds better, I'd rather have something fun to play with. Cat druids are now getting like a blink/vanish with the old hunger for blood built in, and a shadowdance type move.All druids can have a fun reverse typhoon, extra speed in their forms and that odd swap-move thing. I can't see anyone else not getting as little new moves as us. I don't want a buff or anything, I'd just like some new thing to play with like everyone else. :/ my friend suggested various stuns but as a pve-er I dislike our damage being nerfed constantly because we stun so well. Can anyone think of things that might be fun to have but not really be game breaking or OP?

Deleted
    Rogues are pretty much screwed imo, well atleast if you look what every other class gets. Rogues dont get much new stuff. + there is no talent specs anymore so hello 2Min cos, 3min vanish and blind (correct me if im wrong about this, seen it on the official site)

+ choosing between prep and shs meh
    -> what makes me cry is that druids get a vanish and a aoe disorient effect (aka blind) 4sec duration on 30sec cd. There wont be much reasons anymore to bring rogues into pvp this way, not that there are much reasons now.

It doesn't annoy me quite as much as FF staying the same, WITH a 50% speed reduction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.