Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    you know there's a lot of people playing when one of the worlds they want people to transfer to has a log in queue.
    Would help if they actually enabled transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I've been doing them myself for a few hours now as a tank and its instant every time. Are you sure its not just because you're a DPS? Rofl.
    No i'm getting nothing if i que for an actual dungeon, the roullettes fine but you try for the highest hw dungeon for your level and its 1 dps no healer or tank for over two hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Would help if they actually enabled transfers
    Probably not. In the Fringes it's just constant shout spam for people to stop spamming Raubahn, get in line and wait, and big lag spikes, and the random DC. I mean I know the high pop servers have it worse, but it's still bad here.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    No i'm getting nothing if i que for an actual dungeon, the roullettes fine but you try for the highest hw dungeon for your level and its 1 dps no healer or tank for over two hours.
    Oh weird, I've been doing them for the past 2 hours fine. Few DCs in the middle of the dungeon though.

edit: misread, not roullete.

Got on right when servers went up.

Picked up SAM, but couldn't do the trial because of the instance server issue, which meant no PotD
    Went to Vanu Vanu and Gnath to knock out dailies, then Ishgard to pick up hunt bills.
    Headed to Falcon's Nest to do FATEs, but too laggy. No problems in Chocobo Forest, so we FATE grinded for a little while.
    Friend got in a trial, so instance servers were up again.
    Ran PotD a few times, did our 50/60 dungeon roulette, leveling roulette, trial roulette, more PotD, went back to do Samurai quest and did the trial & 52 quest.
    Stopped for lunch, logged back in (much shorter queue!)
    Did a PvP match (we won!).
    Running PotD some more now.

Samurai is at 55 now.

Had some disconnections here and there and some problems, but I'm managing. My alternate plan was to start picking up other job quests to start them and get started on crafting quests as well, but haven't had to go that route yet. Or I might see about gathering. Doing gathering early always seems to be smart money-wise.

And this is all on Gilgamesh. Sorry to hear others are struggling so much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any other game would have taken the servers down but not Square "This is fine.gif" Enix.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'd advise tagging spoilers please. Not everyone has watched that trailer here. Not having a go but of course not everyone has seen that trailer. Faroth was supposed to be creating a thread for Stormblood discussion but well it ain't out yet hehe.
    I thought I put it in the spoiler tag but I failed. Sry :X

Cheeky easy gil tip. The weapons vendor in the ishgard market sells rapiers, buy em for 17k and put em up for whatever you want on the marketboard if nobody has beat you to it, i've been selling them for 40k all morning and now the boards flooded with them at 200k nobody is buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Any other game would have taken the servers down but not Square "This is fine.gif" Enix.
    How quickly people forget most every expansion prior to Legion. X3

I still remember 100+ airplanes in a figure eight pattern in MoP when nothing would load or work. I still have screenshots. It did look cool, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    "Hello garrison!"
    "Hey, get out of my garrison!"
    "Why am I stuck midair at flight master in garrison?"

I think it's funny that SE paid all the big name mmo streamers to come stream this debacle. We had Towliee and his 20k viewers at one point.

That's ok though. Gamers are such calm, sensible, rational people... I'm sure no one is going ape shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    At the start of WoD the Horde players had a bug where the spy glass for the start of the garrison was not really working.
    I remember a large glob of people just standing on the damm thing.
    At least Blizz did fix it within a few hours, this is going on for far to long.

15+ Year Old Account

I still remember 100+ airplanes in a figure eight pattern in MoP when nothing would load or work. I still have screenshots. It did look cool, though.
    Yes and how long were servers up before Blizz took them down for emergency maint?

10+ Year Old Account
    [Important] Regarding Congestion for Instanced Battle Content

FFXIV Producer and Director Yoshida here.

I would like to explain the current congestion issue regarding instanced battle content, including the Stormblood main scenario quest “Best Served with Cold Steel,” due to the Duty Finder crashes at the start of early access.

As announced earlier, there are a huge number of players currently playing Stormblood, and as a result, the servers continue to experience a large amount of stress. For this reason, we are currently limiting the number of players that can enter instanced content so that it does not lead to major server crashes.

However, this has caused massive congestion to enter instanced content and I would like to sincerely apologize for this.

If you are unable to enter instanced battle content, we ask you to please wait and try again at a later time. We understand that this unfairly places the burden on our players, but we require more time until the issue can be resolved. We continue to work on measures to address this issue and will follow up once we have an update.

Again, we sincerely apologize for this level of congestion occurring during early access when many of our players are the most excited to play.

Everyone on the team will continue to put in our full effort to ensure an enjoyable gaming experience, and I would like to thank you for your continued support.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...221440dd7b8156

Deleted

Blizzard worked to fix this issue. SE is basically saying "lol deal with it"

Problem is putting those solo MSQ duties through the duty-finder. I didn't even know that what was happening until this shit-storm. In HW I always just assumed it was loading the cutscenes. Not sending me to an instance.

That's not an emergancy maintaince... that's a major engine overhaul.

Best they can do at this point is try to quick patch it so that you enter an actual queue (just like you do for duty finder), instead of crashing out... then try to fix it before the next expansion.

Or bring in a ton of server power... but who knows if that's possible on a weekend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Problem is putting those solo MSQ duties through the duty-finder. I didn't even know that what was happening until this shit-storm. In HW I always just assumed it was loading the cutscenes. Not sending me to an instance.

That's not an emergancy maintaince... that's a major engine overhaul.

Best they can do at this point is try to quick patch it so that you enter an actual queue (just like you do for duty finder), instead of crashing out... then try to fix it before the next expansion.

Or bring in a ton of server power... but who knows if that's possible on a weekend.
    That's usually whats stress testing is for, to identify such issues.

Fully expect the issue to last the entirety of the early access period and get fixed during a Tuesday morning maintenance. It's entirely possible, and likely, that they fixed the duty finder by allocating more instance server resources to duty finder groups at the cost of bottlenecking the MSQ even harder. And with weekend summer gaming and SAM/RDM players all catching up to the same bottleneck, everyone is going to be trapped at the same point trying to get through.

Basically, more people flooding the chokepoint than the amount getting through it and it's going to get worse before it gets better. They'll likely fix it when they take the servers down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Fully expect the issue to last the entirety of the early access period and get fixed during a Tuesday morning maintenance. It's entirely possible, and likely, that they fixed the duty finder by allocating more instance server resources to duty finder groups at the cost of bottlenecking the MSQ even harder. And with weekend summer gaming and SAM/RDM players all catching up to the same bottleneck, everyone is going to be trapped at the same point trying to get through.

Basically, more people flooding the chokepoint than the amount getting through it and it's going to get worse before it gets better. They'll likely fix it when they take the servers down.
    Cant even play. Bought name change but didnt plan to log out for 8 hours, get kicked out now i cant change name and cant log in fking bs

I'd love to heal dungeons for all you sams and rdms out there, but the game won't let me stay connected.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.