Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    May I present http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...afarion/simple . x21 Morchok kills!

Someone with an active account should report this guy, ty
    Wow you are thick,,,

All his gear is from the ACTUAL raid.....not LFR

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    Wow you are thick,,,

All his gear is from the ACTUAL raid.....not LFR
    Did I ever mention anything about gear?

15+ Year Old Account
    Did I ever mention anything about gear?
    Still thick seeing as you can kill the bosses as MANY times as you want.....fail.

Deleted
    LFR loot, serious business.

Grow up a bit.

I'll make it very simple. The thing most guilds who want to compete for somewhat decent ranks are doing is that they just run the LFR instance first with 3 mains and 22 alts. Now 22 alts and 3 mains are saved for the loot.
    -> Next they replace 3 of the alts and bring in 3 new mains. Now your raid has 6 mains and 19 alts, only 3 of the characters being eligible for loot so they get all the loot that drops.
    -> Rotate this until all of your raiders have had a shot at the loot where no one else is competing against them for it thus giving your raiders maximum amount of loot without exploiting.

The actual exploit people are talking about is a completely different thing. It is not an exploit to run LFR multiple times, but it is an exploit to get loot from more than 1 run within the same week.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

for all the 14 year old casuals here who dont have to do something better than flaming other people who they dont know who do things that they dont have to care about

you cant say that someone used the exploit because he has 20 kills, there was also a legal way to gain more equip = first run (1main+24alts), seconds run (2mains+23alts), third run (3mains+22alts) and so on and this was done by every top guild before the exploit got used

and comparing this with the lich king kill from ensidia which disabled a complete heroic boss mechanic is something stupid, compare it with the people who got tripple loot in pdok/icc/firelands via faction change, where nothing happend

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    Still thick seeing as you can kill the bosses as MANY times as you want.....fail.
    The problem is, there is no reason to seeing as how the first time you kill a boss you are locked from looting said boss. There is no legit reason to farm a LFR boss 20 times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0 View Post
    for all the 14 year old casuals here who dont have to do something better than flaming other people who they dont know who do things that they dont have to care about

you cant say that someone used the exploit because he has 20 kills, there was also a legal way to gain more equip = first run (1main+24alts), seconds run (2mains+23alts), third run (3mains+22alts) and so on and this was done by every top guild before the exploit got used

and comparing this with the lich king kill from ensidia which disabled a complete heroic boss mechanic is something stupid, compare it with the people who got tripple loot in pdok/icc/firelands via faction change, where nothing happend
    Are you seriously saying there is ANY "legal" way of getting loot more than once off a boss during a week without it being an exploit? Since thats the problem we are talking about here - not just people doing some raid more than once. Blizzard couldn´t care less that they have been doing it over and over again in LFR since you can do that - but them doing it in some specific way when its not supposed to be that way is an issue.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    If you guys would put any actual thought into this, you would know that you can run LFR infinite times. Thing is, after running it once you can't loot any items on the following runs after the first one. So by running LFR with alts and switching them to 1 or 2 mains after every run, it's possible to gear almost every main with 4/5 T13. This isn't exploiting. You just have to run the LFR MANY times, that's all.

Deleted
    The problem lies within the lockout system since LFR only prevents you looting items after the first clear. And since you can run LFR infinite times you all can probably see where this is leading? "Hey guys, lets just run this with alts and switch them to 1 or 2 mains after every run and get 4pc's for everyone!" From my view that's not exploiting at all since that's just how the lockout system works. It's so amazing that Blizzard managed to miss this that. And since most guilds ranked under 200 are using this "clever use of game mechanic", you can't ban anyone. That will only lead to a shitstorm and ruin the spirit of the competition.

The only fix to this is to change the LFR lockout so you're able to run it only once a week per character. If any gear should be removed it should be removed from everyone who even potentially used this "exploit", which it even isn't. You just can't blame any guild for doing this. :S So much fail from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    The problem is, there is no reason to seeing as how the first time you kill a boss you are locked from looting said boss. There is no legit reason to farm a LFR boss 20 times.
    Read the post above yours, hif he was the first main to go in the LFR run, he may as well stay on his main for the rest of the 20 runs for alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    maybe he wanted to practise the bosses. who are you to judge him? everyone can play the game as he pleases, it's non of your goddamn business

15+ Year Old Account
    It was totally god's fault for making the forbidden apple tree. How was Eve and Adam supposed to exert self control?
    If God hadn't told them that its not permitted and then even put a ladder next to the tree so they could easily reach the apple then your comparison would be right.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    Really? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%AEt/advanced

Oh wait, looks like you're wrong, they did exploit it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...wa%C3%AEt/feed

Gear is still in their feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    One thing I'm wondering about... surely these guilds already have full 391 loot from heroic Firelands, so why are they farming the LFR for worse gear?
    The tanking 4 set bonus is the biggest reason, extra gem slots and better itemized trinkets are another example of items that out perform higher item lvl gear.

---------- Post added 2011-12-03 at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valsh View Post
    Participated in what? It's not an exploit to rotate a few people in and run the same bosses with alts, you can still do that right now. Once again, i ask you to read the post and try to think outside of the "Hurr durr he has many kills, he did the exploitz!"

If it helps you to understand, i could run LFR all week and rack up 200 morchok kills if i wanted to.
    When most or all of the group alt f4s out of the fight seconds before the kill to not get credit for the kill then had loot handed to them then its a clear exploit. This is one of the many things guilds were doing to farm certain drops.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    Gear is still in their feed.
    Getting Signet of Grasping Mouths a day after Siege of Wyrmrest Temple kind of hints there was something dodgy...

Doing this with LFR was so obviously exploiting. You wonder why such high-end raiders would do it when it will so obviously draw the ire of blizzard. I guess it's like pro athletes taking banned substances. The will to be the best overcomes logic and reason. Blizzard needs to hold them accountable as they would even the lowest-skilled player that was using this exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Galashin View Post
    If one of my students brings unauthorized materials to an exam, and I notice and remove them before the student can make use of the advantage, I don't give them a zero. That would be obnoxious. I do watch them more closely in the future, of course, and make sure I don't allow any opportunities to cheat.
    A terrorist is headed to the airport to blow up a plane, he's caught with said explosives material at the security check point, they should take the explosive, but allow him to fly anyways. An Extreme example, that you'll say is completely different, because "this is just a game". I say that's a lazy argument for allowing people to attempt to cheat

You only want to punish someone AFTER they have cheated and IF they were caught. In a deterence minded system, I want the punishment to be severe enough that the fear of getting caught is enough to keep people from cheating to begin with. I disagree people are out for blood, they are out for justice and they want our "Super Stars" to lead the way of following the rules, not lead the way in how to break them and not get caught.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Doing this with LFR was so obviously exploiting. You wonder why such high-end raiders would do it when it will so obviously draw the ire of blizzard. I guess it's like pro athletes taking banned substances. The will to be the best overcomes logic and reason. Blizzard needs to hold them accountable as they would even the lowest-skilled player that was using this exploit.
    You don't really "wonder". It's quite simple. So far, Blizzard punishment for various exploits wasn't very severe. Either they get ignored and simply hotfixed, or at worst, you get 3 day suspension. As such, "top guilds" have nothing to lose. Exploit will get hotfixed either way, but there's still some chance of keeping your gear. At worst, you get 3 day off and are back to where you started. At best, you have new shiny gear and clear advantage over those who didn't do it.

Biggest problem is Blizzard being too slow to react, as well as far too lenient. If punishment was actually severe and unaivodable, people would think twice before doing it. Right now? All we have are rumours of gear being deleted/few suspensions - and quite a few of those are confirmed to be false, so... nothing really hapenning. Oh yeah, right, it got hotfixed, so you can't do it anymore. Such a harsh punishment - except those who wanted to, already have everything they need.

Whatever new exploits will appear in the future, people will do the same. Potential gains are simply worth the risk.

Deleted
    My opinion, lolol world first races: