Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazzle.d View Post
    I agree that the poster's language and wording could have been a lot better, but Blizzard owes a lot to this '2%'. They were mostly the ones who played their RTS games back in the day and eagerly tried out their ambitious MMO and then grew to love it, and then did the 40 man Onyxias and whatever have you.

To basically get told that no one cares about their opinion anymore is a sad day for gaming.

Edit: I agree to an extent with the poster myself, I do find that the LFR is ludricously easy.. but then it is basically the lowest difficultly mode. But there are a lot of things combined with 4.3 overall that have demoralised me to the point where I just feel really meh. The majority of people who play the game, and indeed a good deal of you all here, are all rather pleasant people or just everyday dudes and chicks. But no one should be getting shot down for having an opinion or being told outright they're wrong when they made a solid, coherent and balanced post.

There was no trailer for 4.3, there's no lore I can find in game - I can't find half of these named mobs in game, Krasus dies defending Wyrmrest Temple but this doesn't happen in game and not even his mate - Alexstrasa - makes a reference to it in game. Major lore figures are included but ideally a lot more people should have been involved in one last desperate struggle against such a feared name. Etc etc.. If I say anything on the forums to give my own opinion and feedback, will I also be told I am a cunt and told to go forth and multiply?
    He didn't make a solid, coherent, and balanced post. He flat out implied that anyone who depends on LFR for raiding is a retard.

---------- Post added 2011-12-09 at 03:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    The reward is in achieving something few have achieved, joining the ranks of the elite and whatnot. Say the round guy starts using steroids and achieves the same physique as the fit guy. Does the fit guy have a legitimate complaint against him? Is he right to feel animosity towards this guy for accomplishing the same thing but taking the easy way? Has the fit guy's achievement been marred or trivialized? This is where the elitists are coming from, and it is a perfectly acceptable point of view.

In short, your analogy isn't really accurate.

OT: As much as I sympathize with the poster, Zarhym made my day by showing some cojones in telling off a rabid complainer. I really hope we see more of this (though I don't wish for it to escalate past this), because it's about time the complainers receive a good spanking.
    You still DO achieve something the other guy doesn't achieve. If they only ever clear LFR mode, they never see the "real" fight, they never get the best gear, they never gain the notoriety of clearing the true hardest content.

To continue your analogy, it's like the steroid pumping idiot taking too much, so his body pours on the estrogen, he loses his testicles and gets bitch tits.

He didn't make a solid, coherent, and balanced post. He flat out implied that anyone who depends on LFR for raiding is a retard.
    I read deeper into the post, looking past the part where he insulted anyone using LFR. I agreed with him to a certain extent about the lore of the game, although there was no need to insult pretty much everyone who used LFR, and with a rewording, his post could have been yet another decent opinionated feedback source amongst many others, yet sadly, to get noticed anywhere on the internet you generally need to get your flame on.

Well, maybe not the internet, but those weird forums anyway! (:
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

It's no less "professional" than a supervisor at day care telling a kid he needs to behave or go on time-out.

Don't even try to tell me it's not the same thing. Daycare is a place for children to be, and their parents pay for it. WoW is a game that a lot of children play (no doubt the whiner is also one) and their parents pay for it. Yes, I know there are a lot of adults. But even if this particular poster WASN'T a child, he was acting like one. And thus, Blizzard professionally treated him like a child in day care and told him to go sit in the corner.

Let's be real. This guy comes in with a bad attitude. He's the kind of guy who sees that a bunch of people are enjoying a nice bowl of soup together and pisses in their bowl just because he doesn't want them to have fun.

He needs to be told off. He's trying to ruin things for other people. He loses absolutely nothing by raid finder. He still has better loot. He still has regular and heroic modes. Nothing at all changes for him. He just knows that other people are having fun and enjoying HIS content and he doesn't like it. No, they don't have his loot. They don't have his achievements or titles, and they don't have his skill (supposedly). He doesn't care. They're having fun and dammit, they shouldn't be.

Do we REALLY want Blizzard to sit back and let these children behave like that? I sure don't. If someone is pulling other children's hair at the day care, they better be told they are misbehaving, and they better be at least separated from the rest.

Zarhym did nothing wrong.

Deleted
    I agree with everything Zarhym says, people think that they have to do LFR. Well, you don't.

Just think of this as the easy mode, and a lot of games have easy modes.

Cmon all my buddies!!! Occupy blizzard!!! We are the 2%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sig by myself
    Requests:Open
    my work

Quote Originally Posted by Frazzle.d View Post
    I read deeper into the post, looking past the part where he insulted anyone using LFR. I agreed with him to a certain extent about the lore of the game, although there was no need to insult pretty much everyone who used LFR, and with a rewording, his post could have been yet another decent opinionated feedback source amongst many others, yet sadly, to get noticed anywhere on the internet you generally need to get your flame on.

Well, maybe not the internet, but those weird forums anyway! (:
    I'm sorry, but you can't call the post coherent and balanced with that line in it. It was uncalled for, and revealed precisely what kind of poster he was. He's not out to have fun, or make the game funner. He's in it to feel special, and damn anyone else who can have fun with the easy mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather give my money to a company whose representatives put assholes in their place than to another ass-kissing "customers are divine"-company.

Face it: They work with game design, not (most of) us. They have access to more statistics than (most of) us on all aspects of their games, and they have been a successful video game company for 20 years.

Don't complain to them that the "easy"-setting they just implemented is too easy -.-
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

"The customer is always right" is a crock of shit and I'm glad he replied the way he did. We've got a real problem when people think their ideas are infallible because they're paying some money.

Anyone who thinks lore should make a boss too powerful for people to kill is just using selective judgement and absolutist logic. A level 85 character has done so many heroic deeds in this game, they are a hero. And a hero decked out in magic infused armor and weaponry with the blessing and aid of the most powerful figures in the world is going to be a match for Deathwing and anything else in this universe that's not invincible.

There are difficulty settings in a game to let you enjoy a challenge, they aren't there to bring the lore to life. If you think this is a lore problem, then you shouldn't even get a chance to kill Deathwing, you're just a guy playing a video game,.... That's how silly this argument is, it only works if you decide to seize on one arbitrary perspective and champion it because you've decided it's the best perspective.

I agree with what Zarhym said....as far as responding to what the "random dude" said. But his condescending, sarcastic manner was completely unnecessary. It really makes you wonder how some of these guys get their jobs...and more than that, how they keep them. If you wanna go the unprofessional route and be a prick to a paying customer, at least be funny while you're doing it. I hope he takes a lot of shit for this =/

---------- Post added 2011-12-09 at 07:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    It's no less "professional" than a supervisor at day care telling a kid he needs to behave or go on time-out.

Don't even try to tell me it's not the same thing. Daycare is a place for children to be, and their parents pay for it. WoW is a game that a lot of children play (no doubt the whiner is also one) and their parents pay for it. Yes, I know there are a lot of adults. But even if this particular poster WASN'T a child, he was acting like one. And thus, Blizzard professionally treated him like a child in day care and told him to go sit in the corner.

Let's be real. This guy comes in with a bad attitude. He's the kind of guy who sees that a bunch of people are enjoying a nice bowl of soup together and pisses in their bowl just because he doesn't want them to have fun.

He needs to be told off. He's trying to ruin things for other people. He loses absolutely nothing by raid finder. He still has better loot. He still has regular and heroic modes. Nothing at all changes for him. He just knows that other people are having fun and enjoying HIS content and he doesn't like it. No, they don't have his loot. They don't have his achievements or titles, and they don't have his skill (supposedly). He doesn't care. They're having fun and dammit, they shouldn't be.

Do we REALLY want Blizzard to sit back and let these children behave like that? I sure don't. If someone is pulling other children's hair at the day care, they better be told they are misbehaving, and they better be at least separated from the rest.

Zarhym did nothing wrong.
    Uuuuuhhh....all jokes aside, it's not the same thing. First off.....as you even admitted, you're only assuming this guy is a child. And yes, I'll admit, he came in with a totally childish attitude and needs to be more respectful and mature when making such a post. But you cannot insult the customer in any way, shape, or form in almost any situation. I don't want Blizzard to sit back and let these kids act like total pricks, but I don't care to see them condescending to their own customers either. If Zarhym was so pissed off about what the guy had to say, he could have chosen to ignore it entirely, let someone else take care of it, or attempt to respond professionally. He did none of those 3 things. He fucked up and he needs to apologize

Quote Originally Posted by snuffglops View Post
    I agree with what Zarhym said....as far as responding to what the "random dude" said. But his condescending, sarcastic manner was completely unnecessary.
    No, if anything it didn't go far enough.

Understand, this is not one-on-one interaction between a CM and a single customer. It's a multiway interaction with large numbers of other customers too. Zarhym is posting not just at this person, but to a large audience. Smacking down someone in the sight of all these others sends a message: "these forums exist for a purpose. If you post counter to that purpose, you are damaging the forums for other customers and interfering with our business. Be glad we didn't delete your post and forum ban you outright."
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by snuffglops View Post
    Uuuuuhhh....all jokes aside, it's not the same thing. First off.....as you even admitted, you're only assuming this guy is a child. And yes, I'll admit, he came in with a totally childish attitude and needs to be more respectful and mature when making such a post. But you cannot insult the customer in any way, shape, or form in almost any situation. I don't want Blizzard to sit back and let these kids act like total pricks, but I don't care to see them condescending to their own customers either. If Zarhym was so pissed off about what the guy had to say, he could have chosen to ignore it entirely, let someone else take care of it, or attempt to respond professionally. He did none of those 3 things. He fucked up and he needs to apologize
    One doesn't need to be a child to be talked to like a child. They only need to act like one.

I just demonstrated that there are professions where it's acceptable to talk to "paying customers" in that manner. Which means it's entirely possible for this to be treated as one of them.

Setting people like that in their place is a good thing for the community. We don't need people like that. It's best to offend one (or even lose one) to make thousands of others happier customers. It's not something Zarhym should be ignoring. And you say he should talk to him "more professionally" but what do you suggest? You do realize there's no reasoning with people like that - you have to take a superior tone with them. They're angry and entitled and you can't communicate with them like normal people. Do you think you could have made the point both more professionally AND effectively? Because I don't think so.

The reward is in achieving something few have achieved, joining the ranks of the elite and whatnot. Say the round guy starts using steroids and achieves the same physique as the fit guy. Does the fit guy have a legitimate complaint against him? Is he right to feel animosity towards this guy for accomplishing the same thing but taking the easy way? Has the fit guy's achievement been marred or trivialized? This is where the elitists are coming from, and it is a perfectly acceptable point of view.

His analogy is spot on, yours is idiotic. The only thing that would make that true is if you enrolled in a "premium service" that increases your sub to $20/month and you get mailed 410 ilvl gear for completing a LFR run. If that were the case, then maybe elitists would have the right to complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Dunno how you guys but this for some reason sickens me. I know he was replying to a tad "too elitist" person who although made a good point but the way he replied is totally unprofessional. If a someone from a company I give my money to replied to me in that manner I would just smack him in the face with no regret. Blue posters are getting more and more rude, to a point it's not even funny or considered as a joke.
    Of course you would.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Dunno how you guys but this for some reason sickens me. I know he was replying to a tad "too elitist" person who although made a good point but the way he replied is totally unprofessional. If a someone from a company I give my money to replied to me in that manner I would just smack him in the face with no regret. Blue posters are getting more and more rude, to a point it's not even funny or considered as a joke.
    And you would happily get sued for it. Anyways, some people, and probably you as well, need to hear the truth. The truth hurts. Deal with it.

LOL this really made my day comparing a guys using drugs to a game and doing a very bad job at it.
    the LFR is nowhere near the same achievment you can do with normals or heroics so comparing the 3 is complete bull already.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2011-12-09 at 03:58 PM ----------

And this is exactly why we would respond to you in the same way as the random dude who deserved it when you spout that when i have you on the phone.
    Last edited by Succath; 2011-12-09 at 02:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Both statemants are correct in some way. They need to find a way to make content more accesible but at the same time put back in the Epic Storyfeeling of RP stuff. You know , like Skyrim is doing at the moment. Compared to Oblivion it is more Casual (leveling system etc) , but it hasn't lost even a tiny bit of the Elder Scrolls Epicness =)
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2011-12-09 at 03:09 PM.
    Druid since Feb. 06

10+ Year Old Account
    People are going to constantly compare the LFR level of difficulty because it gives them a sense of accomplishment by downgrading other people for not being as far as they are. That's how the elitist mindset works. It was the same for all the previous content. I had guildies that just couldn't help but flaunt themselves and talk about how bad everyone else was who couldn't make it as far or even into the instance (Sunwell was a great example). It was annoying and pretty disturbing.

One of the biggest tiers of content that tickled me on difficulty was ICC. I had to listen to people constantly talk about how easy it was and how they were just smashing the content every week. Usually I'd follow that up with some questions about taking on heroic or doing the metas, with various answers either eliminating their argument or continuing on. But eventually...eventually I'd come up to the kill-all question: Did you turn the 30% buff off? Every time I asked it was answered with an emphatic no, followed by them telling me that there's no reward for it, so what's the point?

The point is that the elitist jerkoffs of WoW are not interested in being part of an exclusive club, aren't interested in a challenge, and don't really care about the story. They're interested in the loot and shooting other players down. To that same end, they're not satisfied with LFR because they feel like they have less ground on which to bully other players.

I'd like to close by mentioning that I in no way mean to dumb down the achievements of the hardcore player base. They've done some amazing things (like when Paragon went for the prize by slaying Heroic Lich King without the assistance of the buff). However, I rarely see such amazing players falling into the elitist bracket. Just the elite one.

I tend to agree with the vast majority here. There comes a point and time when enough is enough. I don't see it as unprofessional. Direct, curt, but not unprofessional.