Not really, he's just gonna stick to his team. It's not that unprecedented, he already got his ring and he's nearing the end of his years. I'm pretty sure Tim Duncan would resign with Spurs if they were in a Dallas situation. And Paul Pierce with Boston.

Omg I just read NY shipped players AND draft picks for Andrea Bargani.

Jesus Christ WHYYYYYYY are the Knicks retarded?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Not really, he's just gonna stick to his team. It's not that unprecedented, he already got his ring and he's nearing the end of his years. I'm pretty sure Tim Duncan would resign with Spurs if they were in a Dallas situation. And Paul Pierce with Boston.

Omg I just read NY shipped players AND draft picks for Andrea Bargani.

Jesus Christ WHYYYYYYY are the Knicks retarded?
    Novak, Camby, a 1st, and a 2nd?! WTF. You know who is a great compliment to an injury riddled, underperforming big who can't find a place in the system? An injury plagued, underperforming big who likely can't find a much better place in the system. Grats Raps on not getting $.10 on the dollar for Bargani and actually getting a decent return. At this point, we can all agree that Masai Ujiri absolutely owns the Knicks right? He already fleeced them on the Melo deal when he was Denver's GM and now this haul for a guy who has been horrible for a couple years? Yikes.

Sixers better get #1 and a top 10 next year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Sixers better get #1 and a top 10 next year.
    They should be pretty mediocre. I don't know if they can possibly be awful enough to go into the lottery with the top chance at getting the #1 pick (same for the Pelicans who should be as bad or slightly better than the Sixers). The Bobcats are going to suck big time again I'm sure. Boston is going to tank like freaking crazy. Next year's draft is too good for Philly not to end up with a couple solid players though even if they miss out on Wiggins. If Wiggins looks as good as advertised at Kansas next season, tanking is going to be absolutely ridiculous to try and get the kid.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...hird-superstar

How does Houston go about trading Lin and Asik's backloaded contracts?

They tell a team "hey, this Chinese kid will market you a fortune" to some scrubby team with cap space who won't make playoffs, like someone else in this thread said, and Asik they can probably trade.

The third superstar they get is beyond me, I don't think anyone else in this free agency is THAT good beside CP3 and D12. Josh Smith isn't good enough. Can't think of anyone else, unless a crazy trade happens.

Idk is someone would pay 14 mil for roleplayers/starters, but stranger things have happened. In other news, Pelicans have offered a 4yr/44 mil contract to Tyreke Evans, but he'd have to play SF. Not sure how that'd work out...

Edit: Seems like the actual price range is between 44-48 million.

Edit: Now it seems the rumors are 4yrs/58 million. Did not see such a high offer for Tyreke Evans coming.
    Last edited by Manavz; 2013-07-01 at 11:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    They tell a team "hey, this Chinese kid will market you a fortune" to some scrubby team with cap space who won't make playoffs, like someone else in this thread said, and Asik they can probably trade.

The third superstar they get is beyond me, I don't think anyone else in this free agency is THAT good beside CP3 and D12. Josh Smith isn't good enough. Can't think of anyone else, unless a crazy trade happens.
    There have been some grumblings about Detroit doing a sign and trade with Calderon and sending him for Lin. That would be flat out ridiculous for Houston. I would rather have Calderon on the Pistons than Lin, but Lin is an awesome PNR PG who would do wonders with Drummond. Houston could do a S&T with Atlanta for Smith since ATL wants Asik apparently. If Howard can return to form defensively, that team would be flat out disgusting on defense if Lin can improve even slightly. I don't think Smith is a good fit there offensively. He can't shoot worth a damn from anywhere outside the paint and with Howard having the same issue, that would be some serious lane congestion.

I'd watch Jarrett Jack and Paul Milsap as additional options at the 1 and 4 who are still on the market as UFAs. (At least I think Sap is).

Rumors of a potential S/T of OJ Mayo for Bledsoe + Barnes/Billups. Could be a nice little trade for Cuban to bring to Dwight at the meeting tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I'd watch Jarrett Jack and Paul Milsap as additional options at the 1 and 4 who are still on the market as UFAs. (At least I think Sap is).
    Because Utah isn't shit enough.....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manavz View Post
    Rumors of a potential S/T of OJ Mayo for Bledsoe + Barnes/Billups. Could be a nice little trade for Cuban to bring to Dwight at the meeting tomorrow.
    I love that trade for both sides. Bledsoe has the potential to be a solid PG and Mayo would be awesome paired with Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Because Utah isn't shit enough.....
    Hey man, they got Trey Burke and some solid dudes. Favors, Kanter, Hayward are decent. Sure they don't have a legit 2 and if they bring back Milsap they will need to trade Favors. But it could be worse.

Blatche is back with the Nets. That could be great or awful depending on which Blatche shows up. I imagine KG death stares are going to motivate him a tad. Truth be told, Blatche put up some freaking great per 36 numbers last year. 19.5 points and 9.7 rebounds per 36 are pretty great. Plus he is a serviceable defender.

Anyone else just a little bit disgusted by how TV opportunities are a factor in Dwight Howard's free agent pitches? Time Warner talked to him about being a Laker, Houston's Comcast partners pitched him on the opportunities with them. Remember when ball players mostly just played ball?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey man, they got Trey Burke and some solid dudes. Favors, Kanter, Hayward are decent. Sure they don't have a legit 2 and if they bring back Milsap they will need to trade Favors. But it could be worse.
    And Big Al and MO! And we see where that all got them last year...

Anyone else just a little bit disgusted by how TV opportunities are a factor in Dwight Howard's free agent pitches? Time Warner talked to him about being a Laker, Houston's Comcast partners pitched him on the opportunities with them. Remember when ball players mostly just played ball?
    If only he knew what kind of companies cable companies were.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    And Big Al and MO! And we see where that all got them last year...
    Hey man Al Jefferson is going to be a Bobcat. Why else would he even bother meeting with them if he wasn't going to sign a max deal lol.

He's got a top 10 superstar in James Harden
    Dont wanna start an argument but. Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Melo, Rose, Westbrook, Dwight, Love, Paul, Wade, Bosh, Parker thats already 12

They should be pretty mediocre. I don't know if they can possibly be awful enough to go into the lottery with the top chance at getting the #1 pick (same for the Pelicans who should be as bad or slightly better than the Sixers). The Bobcats are going to suck big time again I'm sure. Boston is going to tank like freaking crazy. Next year's draft is too good for Philly not to end up with a couple solid players though even if they miss out on Wiggins. If Wiggins looks as good as advertised at Kansas next season, tanking is going to be absolutely ridiculous to try and get the kid.
    I don't see talent on this team though. Kwame Brown. Kwame fucking Brown.

Also, Evan Turner shoots about 30% from the field and has no idea what's going on around him. He's going to be our primary ball-handler this year I think.

And a new coach.

Also, the Pelican's pick is top 5 protected.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    Dont wanna start an argument but. Lebron, Durant, Kobe, Melo, Rose, Westbrook, Dwight, Love, Paul, Wade, Bosh, Parker thats already 12
    Wade is injured constantly, Bosh scored 0 points in game 7 of the Finals, and lets see if Dwight can actually get back to being Dwight. I'd slot Harden around 9-11 in there.

I also think it would be fair to slot him ahead of Rose, not because he is necessarily better, but Rose hasn't played in a year and who knows how he recovers. Some guys are just never the same.

I guess that makes sense for both teams. Not Billups so much, he's a corpse, but Barnes is a nice utility wing and Bledsoe has an enormous ceiling; Mayo gives shooting from the wing (sometimes), but I'm not convinced on his effort level. I think we'd see an awful lot of CP3 dressing him down on the court.

---------- Post added 2013-07-02 at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    In terms of trade value, no one in their right mind would prefer Wade, Bosh, Parker, Kobe or Dwight to Harden. Rose is a coinflip coming off the injury. Paul's better than Harden, but older and of questionable health. Love's got injury questions. The only guys that I clearly wouldn't trade to get Harden would be Lebron and Durant.

I suppose players don't look at it from a trade value angle, but by any objective measure, Harden's going to be one of the ten best players in the league this coming year.

Guys guys be quiet a sec. I'm actually in Florida.

Pick the best mother fucking games and maybe I'll go see one. Summer league is just sending rookies to play and see which ones are best, just like preseason, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...hird-superstar

How does Houston go about trading Lin and Asik's backloaded contracts?
    You really think people will trade for asik and that horrible contract of his? I don't think so. I think that' poison pill they used to take him away from the Bulls is coming back to bite Houston in the ass. They overpaid and nobody wants that contract.

http://dlvr.it/3br5RJ Shocker

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    You really think people will trade for asik and that horrible contract of his? I don't think so. I think that' poison pill they used to take him away from the Bulls is coming back to bite Houston in the ass. They overpaid and nobody wants that contract.
    I think it'll be harder for people to sell Lin and his contract then Asik. Both will take some time, but Asik would be easier to move due to his recent play.

- - - Updated - - -

4 hour meeting between Dwight Howard and Mavs and this time Dirk and Cuban were there.