Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Is it just me, or is the dota community worse than lol's?

Im a pretty now dota player (16hours atm), and so far every game i've been in there's always been atleast 2-3 people afk, either on my team, or the enemy team. Also just had a game, where as soon as the game starts, our nature's prophet buys 3 couriers and teleports himself to the enemy fountain. For the rest of the game he just basicly forcefed the enemy.
    (NEW META)

That's mainly because you're playing in low rated matches since you're new to the game and you're put in matches with other new ( possibly new to moba's ) or plain bad players that don't understand the game and, for one reason or another, keep losing. I'm not saying that once you're out of there, matches will be devoid of trolls, whiners, flamers, russians ( or BR's in US I think? ) but something like 1 out of 5 matches has a chance of actually being somewhat balanced and fun.

That site currently puts me at 1566, top 0.05%, even if last week I clearly threw at least a couple of games. I like how false this notification can be "Playing selfish will decrease it." since I'm the living embodiment of selfishness in this game.

Deleted
    Player number 9346965 DSR is:

This player has a Pro DSR score (top 0,5%).
    I'm fucking terrible.
    Nice try, DSR but you're shit.

At least DBR only put me on top 10%

Friend of mine hasn't even nudged the frontpage once and is 0.1%, lel.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I think the part that holds me back from playing with others here is that I've got no clue how good I actually am compared to others and I'm not one who likes to make an arse out of himself.
    It's okay there's like maybe 2-3 people in here who are really good and 2 of them I know from experience don't even flame.
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2013-12-05 at 08:56 AM.

It would be cool to play with some of you guys, but I live in aus and I don't think many people here are from aus? Sucks since ping on other servers is usually pretty awful other than SEA which is ok at best.

Edit: In regards to the comment about the community, in my experience it just depends on skill level. At higher level solo queue games I find there is almost never any trolls and usually the games I am in are pretty well balanced. Of course sometimes I get unlucky like recently had 2-3 games in a row where there was abandons in first few minutes but overall I think it gets a lot better.
    Last edited by Relicra; 2013-12-05 at 09:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    Is it just me, or is the dota community worse than lol's?

Im a pretty now dota player (16hours atm), and so far every game i've been in there's always been atleast 2-3 people afk, either on my team, or the enemy team. Also just had a game, where as soon as the game starts, our nature's prophet buys 3 couriers and teleports himself to the enemy fountain. For the rest of the game he just basicly forcefed the enemy.
    Most games i play are flame free, when i solo queue anyways

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Most games i play are flame free, when i solo queue anyways
    I have the same experience.

Also if you come by a flamer in solo queue, it is much easier to shut him up since he doesn't have backup of his friends which usually happens when in party queue.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    How come longview is the only person from MMOC that I've stacked with?!
    is this where i insinuate that you are bad at dota

ill queue with whoever i literally do not give a shit about winning or losing

just dont flame and you will be fine

my steams in my signature add me and ill be a feedlord in your games also

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    I'm fucking terrible.
    confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    I'm fucking terrible.
    Carry me plz

- - - Updated - - -

http://mydotaskill.com/index.php?id=93874877
    Player number 93874877 DSR is:

loooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    Lysah confirmed worst dota player on mmoc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Carry me plz

- - - Updated - - -

http://mydotaskill.com/index.php?id=93874877
    Player number 93874877 DSR is:

loooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    Lysah confirmed worst dota player on mmoc
    "Playing selfish will decrease it."

Well fuck thats a 0 for me then

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aking-incoming

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a random question: Why is Faceless Void almost nonexistent in competitive play? I played him in a game this morning and I did quite well, even early game. I'm certainly no pro, but I feel like he could/should have a place. I feel like he's fairly similar to other one position heroes like Anti-Mage, Luna, and Gyrocopter in that they all are right-click heroes with a disable or AOE damage ability, but those three are much more prominent in competitive Dota 2.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-12-08 at 03:45 AM.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aking-incoming

- - - Updated - - -

I've got a random question: Why is Faceless Void almost nonexistent in competitive play? I played him in a game this morning and I did quite well, even early game. I'm certainly no pro, but I feel like he could/should have a place. I feel like he's fairly similar to other one position heroes like Anti-Mage, Luna, and Gyrocopter in that they all are right-click heroes with a disable or AOE damage ability, but those three are much more prominent in competitive Dota 2.
    AM is rarely seen anymore. Gyrocopter is seen more because he actually does damage early game. Sure, Void can land a ulti at level 6 but he will do like zero damage.

Probably because he isn't the greatest farmer and while very strong in team fights, chronosphere has a very long cd compared to other team fight carries like gyro. And before huge farm he is quite useless without sphere. He can get kills and that early in lane and in game but he still doesn't become the beast he can be until a few items in whereas other carries can come online sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm average. One day I'm good, the next I'm probably sucking.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

And I was doing so well... Going at 9/3/0 until the internet decided to force me to throw most teamfights by DCing me right after starting. :I

It's impossible to rate player skill in dota. I just don't use these kind of tools.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Gc&output=html

AM is often picked, but void is at the botton with only 4 picks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Gc&output=html

AM is often picked, but void is at the botton with only 4 picks
    Can you not just blindly look at data and actually watch some tournaments? Did you see AM in MLG or EMS? "Often". Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Can you not just blindly look at data and actually watch some tournaments? Did you see AM in MLG or EMS?
    I was at MLG Columbus, Anti-Mage was banned in several matches, especially against DK. And the data exists for a reason, you use statistics like that because it is virtually impossible to watch every competitive Dota 2 match.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-12-08 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    I was at MLG Columbus, Anti-Mage was banned in several matches, especially against DK. And the data exists for a reason, you use statistics like that because it is virtually impossible to watch every competitive Dota 2 match.
    But did you see him picked? Did you see him being banned against other teams than DK? You know AM is Burning's signature hero? You don't use data like that because they don't say shit about anything. AM is not popular in the current meta and in professional games.