Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zehzao View Post
    I don't mean to join a fight between you guys, but LiiLo does have a point when he says a "6k rating player in a trench ex...", my wife started playing DotA a couple weeks ago and last couple games she wanted me to show a couple heroes, so i decided to show heroes that i like to support with, i had a huge impact ingame with WD and AA, and not because i'm good, but because shes playing at 3.3k mmr.

No one said its IMPOSSIBLE to carry as a support hero, what people say is that its almost impossible to carry as a support in high mmr games, thats all, but i guarantee that someone with the skill lvl of ariadne, lysah and others here they can pick a pile of shit in AR and have a great chance to carry their team in any mmr above 4k, ofc, thats my opinion.

Much love <3 !

Edit: On a side note, im looking for a tip: I'm thinking about changing roles, going from support to mid, is there any "easy" hero that can make that transition better? Any tips to play invoker? I'm thinking about starting to play with him.
    So what you are saying that you can carry as any role if you are better than opponent unless it's high MMR? I don't know if you've read threads about MMR and how people whine that they can't win with support because their carry sucks or whatever. See http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-to-raise-MMR

Furthermore, you do know there are several people in high MMR who play support that still win? Moonmeander is one. I played with him and he played Earth Spirit support and he created so much space for us. We also have professional games where we can clearly see impact of supports and how they can carry the team.

Easy mid heroes you can play are heroes like Death Prophet, Viper or DK. Simple spell usage on those heroes combined with strong laning. I think I posted in this thread about how to play Invoker mid like 2-3 pages ago.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2014-07-31 at 01:00 PM.

Deleted
    Hard to support your team to victory if you play the #5 role, difficult to create much by yourself, you generally need to make a massive impact in the first few minutes or have another support with you.

If I myself playing #5 ES often, to my annoyance, but I've made a point to always get first blood at level 1, be it mid or bot or even top if I have another support with me, if the ganks fail we lose because I can't impact the game a great deal.

Another reason why it is particularly annoying to solo support as ES is warding, you can't counter ward as ES and despite my asking rarely do people come and help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    So what you are saying that you can carry as any role if you are better than opponent unless it's high MMR? I don't know if you've read threads about MMR and how people whine that they can't win with support because their carry sucks or whatever. See http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-to-raise-MMR

Furthermore, you do know there are several people in high MMR who play support that still win? Moonmeander is one. I played with him and he played Earth Spirit support and he created so much space for us. We also have professional games where we can clearly see impact of supports and how they can carry the team.

Easy mid heroes you can play are heroes like Death Prophet, Viper or DK. Simple spell usage on those heroes combined with strong laning. I think I posted in this thread about how to play Invoker mid like 2-3 pages ago.
    If you're better than the other, yes, you can outplay him in almost every role, but since the LOGIC behind the mmr is the higher the better we just use those numbers to make it easier. (Yes, some people pay to get high mmr accounts or to get carried there, not talking about those people)

And the talk was you carrying your team COMPLETELY, not creating space for your team so your team can farm, i even said on my post about how you can be of huge impact as a support, but CARRYING your team is the hard part. (meaning your carries suck, you're there, alone, with your AA)

And again, no one here said you don't win or cause huge impact as a support, and i mean NO ONE said that, what is almost impossible is to CARRY COMPLETELY as a support in high mmr games, thats it.

ps: Im just curious, where did you see me saying that people in high mmr lose as a support? oO

my wife started playing DotA a couple weeks ago and last couple games she wanted me to show a couple heroes
    Lucky you, haha. I told my GF of 6 years I'll marry her when she beats me Invoker vs Invoker, she said she'd rather die alone. Damn those career chasing women
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Deleted
    If you're better than the other, yes, you can outplay him in almost every role, but since the LOGIC behind the mmr is the higher the better we just use those numbers to make it easier. (Yes, some people pay to get high mmr accounts or to get carried there, not talking about those people)

And the talk was you carrying your team COMPLETELY, not creating space for your team so your team can farm, i even said on my post about how you can be of huge impact as a support, but CARRYING your team is the hard part. (meaning your carries suck, you're there, alone, with your AA)

And again, no one here said you don't win or cause huge impact as a support, and i mean NO ONE said that, what is almost impossible is to CARRY COMPLETELY as a support in high mmr games, thats it.

ps: Im just curious, where did you see me saying that people in high mmr lose as a support? oO
    You didn't say anything about carrying COMPLETELY in your first post. You said people said it was impossible to carry as support in high MMR games. Carrying in high MMR games is about creating space so that even retards can get some farm. I don't know how you define carry but to me you carry your team if you win the game for them. I have no idea what carry COMPLETELY means. You need to understand that you're probably not going to be there alone as a support because you are SUPPORTING them. That's the whole idea of support. Whereas if you play mid you might be playing 1v5 because you ignore your team and rely completely on yourself.

I didn't say you said people in high MMR lose as support. That's ridiculous because every team has a support and one of two teams must win. But what you did say was that it was impossible to carry as support in high MMR games. The carry in my opinion is the one person who had the highest impact and basically won the game for the team.

The mistake you are making is assuming the team or the carry knows how to play because you play at higher MMR, things below 4k are dreadful and its not easy to escape when it keeps going 5 wins 5 loses no matter how hard you try.

Bad players cant be saved no matter the supporting.

Wards, instant flying courier when the time allows, TP's/Gangs, nothing can make a carry last hit and farm or kill stacks or not get ganged like an idiot when you are pinging and type in caps GET BACK.

I mean, you ward ancients/middle/top rune, you ward the top lane near the camp so it can see anyone being there or coming and your top still gets ganged despite the GET BACK spam, the pings and everything.

Nothing can make the russian not to pick Riki/PA/BH INSTANT LOCK FEEDING POWER.

When i dont trust my team and forced to play support i play an offensive support like Silencer/Mirana 9/10 times that can turn into a carry, or Naga to save the idiotic feeders or Earthshaker and perfect timing stuns/ulties to save/carry them.

When i see the "Carry" cant last hit, i start last hitting, i start roaming to gang, i bust my balls to try and carry. Unless 1 more in the team can play it becomes impossible pretty fast.
    Last edited by potis; 2014-07-31 at 10:19 PM.

While all of those things are true, potis, you can definitely make an impact on the game. Because while your team is full of idiots, the absolute majority of the time so are the enemy team's players. So if you're actually good, but standing in knee-high level of shit players, then you're going to make an impact that, while not idiot-proof, is definitely going to swing you up the MMR.

No, you're not going to have a 100% winrate. It's probably more like 60% or something, especially as a relatively weak support. But you're going to definitely swing the game in your favor if you are better than your opponents.

Deleted
    I think Earth Spirit is one of the more underrated heroes right now and I think he will be incredibly strong in competitive if he gets added in his current state.

I think Earth Spirit is one of the more underrated heroes right now and I think he will be incredibly strong in competitive if he gets added in his current state.
    Not sure id call him underrated. More like only the decent players realise hes a walking team fight. Hes not even as complicated as most people believe him to be. Yes if you are good with him you can do some fancy saves and all. But im talking about the simple teamfight ES, which will have the rest of his team fighting, which was super OP and is still super strong. Place At least one Remnant nearby, roll into as many enemy as possible, magnetize, grip the Remnant in to collide with any player effected by magnetize, gg everyone is silenced. Drop Remnant/roll as you please to refresh it, damage, slow while your team goes to town.

Id say hes more underused, because people just see bolder smash as an ability they got to aim and dont notice the rest of his teamfight ability are pretty facerollish and usually what wins it. Its kinda similar to brewmaster before TI4, everyone that dont understand why hes good just would call him trash because to them you had to be perfect micro with the spirits, when it couldnt be further from the truth in pubs, 5x with aghs. Clap, ULT and use the green stun/clap and it will still win pubs fight until the 30 minute mark. So hes simple to win as with no micro, but if you arent shit and control the blue at the same time, game over for the other team.

So there was so many TI4 brew, everyone started to pick him to copy pros and noticed they dont even have to actually play him well to have an impact. ES is just gona be the same way, eventually hes gona have a massive amount of picks for people that can just use magnetize and spam roll and grip, because it can work.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2014-08-01 at 02:57 AM.

I wish this Io Arcana was real

On a side note, I actually had a good game with Medusa today. I forgot how fun it is to watch supports run away in fear because Mystic Snake did 65% of their hp.

10+ Year Old Account
    6 or 7 days, yeah. What DK did to Arteezy's Tinker was brutal, holy shit. Iceiceice was just standing in the trees as Furion and the moment he saw March he used Sprout and caught the Tinker out. If it was on the other side of the map he just TPed there.
    Because - say it with me now - fuck. Tinker.

I dunno if he's OP but he's just completely frustrating to play against because of March of the Machines spam.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

It's so satisfying to have matches like these. http://dotabuff.com/matches/812800601

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    It's so satisfying to have matches like these. http://dotabuff.com/matches/812800601
    Much smoke, so obs, many sentries, such tryhard, wow.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

I think I was spoiled with the Compendium point booster, a match the other day gave me 55 points and I was like "...woah, that's it?"

10+ Year Old Account
    What niche does he fill, anyway?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What niche does he fill, anyway?
    Roaming support is pretty much his game. He's a teamfighter and brings a lot of control to the early teamfights.

After a few initial bad games I decided to try to learn the hero, it yielded pretty good results http://dotabuff.com/players/10441825...ion=&duration=

Mostly playing as a support or offlaner. I wouldn't say I got particularly good at it either as my kicking skills were the cause of a few bursts of laughter, but I can definitely tell the hero has potential even after all the nerfs. Still wish you didn't have to wait for the stones so much though.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2014-08-04 at 04:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    After a few initial bad games I decided to try to learn the hero, it yielded pretty good results http://dotabuff.com/players/10441825...ion=&duration=

Mostly playing as a support or offlaner. I wouldn't say I got particularly good at it either as my kicking skills were the cause of a few bursts of laughter, but I can definitely tell the hero has potential even after all the nerfs. Still wish you didn't have to wait for the stones so much though.
    Yup. He's really disruptive in fights and can easily counter-gank. He is also annoyingly tanky and evasive so you can't kill him.

You mean there's more to Earth Spirit than rolling in, ulting and dropping all your stones on them?

I tried learning Earth Spirit, it wasn't working very well for me, I can't seem to position his rock kicks that well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe Silencer isn't a top tier pick. Last Word could be a fucking ult, 6 sec silence+disarm on 12 sec cd with 1000 range and a non-scaling mana cost. His ult is goddamned ridiculous, 7 sec with ~400 damage at lvl 3 with agh's, add a refresher and you can silence the enemy team at any range on demand for up to 14 sec and also do 800 dmg to them over the course of the effect.

Sure, you can BKB out of it, but you could also silence them through the BKB. Force BKB with first silence, refresh, silence again, automatically win every teamfight.

Bullshit fucking hero that keeps getting buffed because Icefrog's retarded.