Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    says bnet and all online games, i most definitely just finished our heroic DS clear in that time.

/shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    While we are waiting, anyone mind explaining what happens when we get back in game? I was down on the 4th level headed to the SK. I remember in D2 the world was regenerated, how does that work in D3?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    Wrong. Wrong on every level. This would be akin to paying for a lapdance just to watch the stripper walk off to have a smoke break while you sit in the booth. For 3 hours. If I'm paying for something, I sure as hell want to receive what I'm paying for. Would I want to pay for a new car just to be able to drive it when the mechanic connects the alternator? No, I want the thing working when I buy it. That's the point. Should I order a meal at a fancy restaurant and then sit there listening to other patrons talk about how good their meal is? Hell no. I could keep making analogies, but you get the idea.
    Except this is how game launches have been forever. It's absolutely not practical to have an offline version of Diablo 3. Having no online portion of any game, at this point, is just stupid.

You bought a game who's predecessors have ALWAYS been so overwhelmingly successful that launch is an accessibility nightmare.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have the absolute least number of CSR's monitoring forums and phones right now. It's pointless because in another 24 hours EVERYONE will be happy and online and this will be a moot point until an expansion.

What I (sloppily) am trying to say is you should have known what you were getting into.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    It's more akin to buying a house and finding out the date you can move in has been pushed back a day or two due to some last minute paperwork. In the grand scheme of things it's insignificant, but you make a ridiculous deal out of it because you had anticipated it being today.
    This is probably the best analogy, in a few days everything will be smoothed out and nobody will even care that day 1 (and maybe 2 or 3) were touch and go.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am so mad i just i want to play this damn game

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    While we are waiting, anyone mind explaining what happens when we get back in game? I was down on the 4th level headed to the SK. I remember in D2 the world was regenerated, how does that work in D3?
    they get reset and repopulated just like in Diablo 2

Wrong. Wrong on every level. This would be akin to paying for a lapdance just to watch the stripper walk off to have a smoke break while you sit in the booth. For 3 hours. If I'm paying for something, I sure as hell want to receive what I'm paying for. Would I want to pay for a new car just to be able to drive it when the mechanic connects the alternator? No, I want the thing working when I buy it. That's the point. Should I order a meal at a fancy restaurant and then sit there listening to other patrons talk about how good their meal is? Hell no. I could keep making analogies, but you get the idea.
    You obviously didn't read my entire post.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was making a second hero, and I've been stuck on the character creation screen for an hour or so, with a greyed out 'back' button. I got some error messages when I tried to create the dude, and I figured the servers were having trouble, but I would heave expected the game to punt me back out to the login screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    they get reset and repopulated just like in Diablo 2
    So what are the checkpoints for? I assume I just teleport and rerun the Cathedral?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    I just want to play the damn game...I am how you say? Very pissed the fuck off at Blizzard!

When you log back on to your character you will appear at the last check point you reached. The zones will be re-randomized (so your map is unexplored again) and everything re-spawns.

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 04:14 AM ----------

So what are the checkpoints for? I assume I just teleport and rerun the Cathedral?
    You -should- pop back up at your last checkpoint, i did every time previously this happened anyway.

Checkpoints are also were you will respawn if you die.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    It's more akin to buying a house and finding out the date you can move in has been pushed back a day or two due to some last minute paperwork. In the grand scheme of things it's insignificant, but you make a ridiculous deal out of it because you had anticipated it being today.
    its more like ordering pancakes at ihop but them saying you have to go to waffle house to get the pancakes. then you go to waffle house and they say that your bacon isnt ready and that you have to wait

and wait

and wait soem more

then they bring out eggs and hasbrowns and you go "WTF WHERES MY PANCAKES" and they say "no you ordered bacon, heres your eggs"

then you go "wait, what bacon"

and they go "we're out of bacon"

and an angel cries because of the loss of bacon

OT: err 3003
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    And so when millions of other people are also hiring the same lapdancer and ordering a meal at the fancy restaurant, you all deserve to get it at the same time, without any delay, amirite?
    Heaps of people were trying to get in at once, and oh no, it broke, who saw that happening, everyone who doesn't have their head stuck up their but, and doesn't think the world revolves around them... 'The customer is always right is NOT TRUE". Just because you pay for something, you don't deserve to have everything perfectly working, it's the internet! Sure if they hadn't made it DRM then it would have been fine, but they decided against it, so hell, everyone knew it was going to break, and break it did.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick, Everyone freak out because millions of players are trying to play at once and the servers can't handle that. One reason why I am waiting a few weeks to get the game so I don't have to wait and I can just play.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    When you log back on to your character you will appear at the last check point you reached. The zones will be re-randomized (so your map is unexplored again) and everything re-spawns.

---------- Post added 2012-05-16 at 04:14 AM ----------

You -should- pop back up at your last checkpoint, i did every time previously this happened anyway.

Checkpoints are also were you will respawn if you die.
    Sweet. Makes dcing not so bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its funny that people are having problems logging in to all blizz games right now. You would think with all that money they make, blizz wouldn't run all their games through the same servers. And you think they would be prepared for the traffic that the servers have been getting since midnight.

I mean think about it, d3 is probably the most pre-ordered game ever. Plus they got all the people who got the yearly pass from wow, and got d3 with that. And Then all of these people are logging on to d3 at the same time, plus all the people that play WoW and SC2. Of course their servers were going to crash....
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Lmao I love that we HAVE to have online just to play solo..
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

it's a freaking video game, it's not going to kill you to not be able to play in right now, the world will still turn, children will still be starving in Africa, and Sara Pallin will still be terrifying, when it's all said and done this won't change a thing, so if you are waiting pick up a book and read, or clean your house, or do something productive, and stop making yourself and other gamers look like rage filled basement dwellers that have no concept of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    This is probably the best analogy, in a few days everything will be smoothed out and nobody will even care that day 1 (and maybe 2 or 3) were touch and go.
    I still remember the days Vanilla WoW was launched, and I am very upset that back then the servers were actually more stable than the D3 servers currently are and to compensate everyone was given two free weeks of gametime. While we don't pay a subscription to play online, at the moment Blizzard has essentially sold worldwide a defective product. The defective part is also stemming from the fact that they either severely misinterpreted or ignored the data they've been given for the past few months over what they can expect on D3's community size.
    Too bad the people running the Asian launch weren't in charge of the American and European launch as well. The Asian servers were stable enough that they had their first normal clear before anyone else was even able to open the game. Eight plus hours of not having servers decide they want to boot everyone and refuse to let them back in.

edit: I also think the house analogy is fairly weak. This is more like if the next iphone came out, and Apple required that you be logged into their own network on top of being connected through your wireless carrier. Apple, knowing how many iphone units are going out, decides on some random number that their data doesn't suggest they should be expecting to support the new iphones, and ships the phones out. When they phones hit the market and people start activating them, the phones don't work. They can't even make calls. The issue isn't with the carrier, it's with Apple's network gimmick, that a good chunk of customers probably don't even care about. That gimmick though enables Apple to make more money, so they like it and want it to stay. They claim its for quality assurance, but obviously it isn't.
    Last edited by kendro1200; 2012-05-16 at 04:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    We are in the process of performing an emergency maintenance for #D3 servers in the Americas to resolve several issues
    So I guess it'll be Soon™