View Poll Results: Which date seems realistic for release?

Voters
2187. This poll is closed
  • August 28

260 11.89%
  • September 4

211 9.65%
  • September 11

213 9.74%
  • September 18

380 17.38%
  • September 25

449 20.53%
  • OCTOBER 2

674 30.82%
Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    "Okay guys, let's ship this th- what's that? Golden is not done with her book yet? Okay guys, cancel that, let's just sit on our asses until she is done with her book, and then ship a month or two after, kk?"

"Sir, most people don't even read the books."

"Pft."
    I lol'd so hard, thanx bro

Quote Originally Posted by Saevio View Post
    Just to further this post a little bit. The book that OP is referring to is "The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm" which was released on Oct. 19, 2010 followed by the release of Cataclysm on Dec. 7, 2010. A couple of people have referred to "Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects" being the Cataclysm book to make OP's predictions seem fallacious. "Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects" was written to further delve into lore for Patch 4.2 and prepare for Patch 4.3.
    Jaina: Tides of War happens after the destruction of Theramore as far as I'm aware, so it can easily come after as an origin story to "New Jaina", like with Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects.

With the brewfest items being made lvl 90, surely thinking it will be any date after September is stupid? But I guess all the people claiming it wouldn't come out till November or even December weren't too bright to begin with.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina: Tides of War happens after the destruction of Theramore as far as I'm aware, so it can easily come after as an origin story to "New Jaina", like with Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects.
    This is very true. I was merely trying to clear up the confusion that people were having over the two books. I do not claim to know anything about this new book being used to pave the way for MoP.

As far as I am aware it is about what's going on in theramore, and what happens after. Please tell me where it says that it's only about after sincei haven't found one leak. Also it seems sooo unrealistic because that would mean the Horde would be taken out of the book which would never happen lol.

10+ Year Old Account

what I thought after reading the OP's post.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

That's not the same book. Cataclysm the prelude came before, Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects came during 4.2.
    The Shattering was a prelude to the Cataclysm, giving us the details of what happened between the fall of Arthas until Deathwing popped out of the maelstrom and fucked up the world. This is how we learn that Garrosh killed Cairn, why we are beating the hell out of the Grimtotem in Thousand Needles, and many of the other storylines. Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects is a prelude to the events that happened in 4.3, giving up the End Time dungeon and the Dragon Soul raid, and why we fought the Twilight's Hammer and the rest of Deathwing's minions in Dragonblight/Eye of Eternity instead of elsewhere.

And from the title of this Jaina book, "Prelude to War", it's a good assumption that it will detail the happenings between the defeat of Deathwing and the start of Pandaria. So, we give it a month and the release of the new expansion will be around September.

Deleted
    Can we stop with these news threads? Every day a new thread pops up "Hey guys! MoP is released SOON!" "Hey guys! Mop will be released later than expected because of buggy beta QQ" "Wow guys the game will be released much later than most expected" "When do you think the MoP expansion wil lbe released?" "Blizzard will never release an expansion on summer time cause Bla bla bla..."

Seriously guys... give it a break, it will be released probably before christmas, whether that is start of august, start /end of september or october or novemember it doesn't matter. Stop getting hyped up and then getting disappointing for Blizzard not releasing the expansion at <insert random date and month here>.
    If we go on like that we will have more threads asking about MoP release dates than threads of any other kind combined by the end of the summer...

-An edit-
    If you so want to discuss about it make a damn Megathread instead of millions of small 2 paged ones.
    Last edited by mmoc2a7830ed1a; 2012-05-20 at 02:13 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    My prediction has always been November. That's when most Annual Pass subscriptions will run out and leaves plenty of time for Diablo 3 farming to bring folks back in.
    That fails for the purpose of the AP though - the expansion needs to launch before most of the Annual Passes expire to be able to take full advantage. If the expansion hits and all those people are subbed for another three months afterwards, they'll go out and buy the expansion guaranteed.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post

hahaha, never seen that before. hope he was alright! and i think maybe next time he tries to wrestle an alligator, he might wear more than a polo shirt and chinos.

OT: Speculation is a wonderful thing. There's no hint of beta anywhere near being finished, not even raised the cap to 90 yet have they? still have a fuck load more content to test. so im with other that think back end of the year. July/August is wishful thinking. I have nothing to really back this up, no stats, no figures, nothing. just my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't place my prediction in the hands of some shitty world event items being brought to level 90 tbh not that it really matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzina View Post
    My point was that this doesn't necessarily mean it's a prelude to Mists of Pandaria. I can't say for sure so perhaps someone who's read it will back me up but I believe it takes place just after the cataclysm hits and explains why Thrall is on the alliance ship in the Goblin starting area and more on from that. Obviously has a lot more than that but yeah, this appears to be another character based book and this one is on Jaina.

Could be safe to assume that this covers the events after Theramore so I believe my point remains. This book probably won't have anything to do with the start of the Mists of Pandaria or have any hint to when the expansion is releasing.
    Still wrong book. The Thrall book takes place directly before 4.2. Why Thrall is on the Lost Isles is explained in the game itself. In the shattering it is only said that he is on his way to the Maelstrom and the shattering takes place between the pre 4.0 event and 4.0. As for the new Jaina book it takes place (as far as we know) at the same time as the pre 5.0 event.

But I think that the release of the new book has nothing to do with the release of MoP because in the lore panel on Blizzcon they said that they want important story to be in the game and not only in the books. So we know that the fall of Theramore will be in the game (as pre event and as a scenario) and therefore we will get to know a lot of important things from the book through the game and the book can come out later so that you can read more details.

Deleted
    They said the ingame events would take 2 weeks this time around. So then it would be released half September, which is kinda what everyone expected. Besides, Blizzard isn't going to hold the game for a book that less than 10% of the players actually read.

Deleted
    Can't see how that is suprising... With the annual pass blizz will be ensured that people who bought it, will be subbing wow for a year. The annual pass started in october, which makes october the earliest date to achieve most money in the goodie bag. My guess is, like cata, just prio to christmas.. Around the 7th'ish december as it was with Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifeoom View Post
    Can't see how that is suprising... With the annual pass blizz will be ensured that people who bought it, will be subbing wow for a year. The annual pass started in october, which makes october the earliest date to achieve most money in the goodie bag. My guess is, like cata, just prio to christmas.. Around the 7th'ish december as it was with Cataclysm.
    So they are going to postpone release by 3 months just for increased sales?

They'd lose out.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    My prediction has always been November. That's when most Annual Pass subscriptions will run out and leaves plenty of time for Diablo 3 farming to bring folks back in.
    There's only like, what, 1.2m AP subscribers? The rest of the playerbase won't stay subscribed if we have to wait that long for Mists. People are already bored of DS and have nothing to do.

Especially with a f2p game like GW2 coming out sometime soon, people won't bother resubbing to WoW.

I can understand the confusion, considering The Shattering and Twilight of the Aspects were both fairly Thrall-centric, but one was released before Cata and one during. He's talking about the one before, obviously.

And I'm with the people who say it makes way more sense from a business standpoint to release MoP while there are still a couple months left on AP to ensure all AP holders buy MoP. If AP runs out before it is released, they'd likely lose some subs and sales. Also, the Brewfest items are in the Beta build, so that points to before October (aka when AP came out).

Although I've been hoping for an August release, it would be kind of awesome if they released the book and started the 2-week pre-MoP event on the same day. (Um, wait, just looked it up and 2 weeks after August 28th is September 11th. No, I don't think they'll do it quite like that.)

#1 the final patch of every expansion has sat on the Test realm for at least 2 months
    #2 all previous expansions were released near Christmas "because it is a good marketing strategy that boost stocks and fills shareholders pockets.

For those reasons and a few others I estimate the game will be released sometime In November or early December.

What a fail post from the OP.

Check the latest WOWDB item list. You will see epic items have been added for Brewfest. As Brewfest is usually around the 3rd week of september, and as these epic items have an ilvl which is slightly lower than the ilvl from epics that drop in normal raids, one can fairly assume the release date will be no later than this.

Don't make a dumb OP on the basis of useless and fabricated information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nearox View Post
    What a fail post from the OP.

Check the latest WOWDB item list. You will see epic items have been added for Brewfest. As Brewfest is usually around the 3rd week of september, and as these epic items have an ilvl which is slightly lower than the ilvl from epics that drop in normal raids, one can fairly assume the release date will be no later than this.

Don't make a dumb OP on the basis of useless and fabricated information.

OMG!!! So what you are totally saying is because they are in WOWBD item list that this is means that they have been implemented! and the loot tables for brewfest are already in place!!! and there is no way on earth they could put them in there and not actually use them! Holy shit!! You are onto something there!