Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    PETA doesn't dare to say upfront what they want.
    "Stop eating meat."
    "Stop having pets."
    "Stop wearing animal products."

Instead they just keep using these laughable shock-and-awe scare-and-disgust tactics, like naked people soaked in red water in large "meat packages".
    Everytime these laughable muppets do something I feel some urge to make a delicious meal, and you can be sure the protein count is high.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    It's pretty obvious that the people that go against their views are going to disagree and find whatever insults they can to try to humiliate them. Their methods aren't self-defeating nor does it make them look like idiots, it's just the people that disagree with them that say that. Their methods are polemic. They get more attention by making an erotic site or something crazy like that than by making a peaceful manifestation. To label them as mere "lunatics" is to undervalue their audacity and their knowledge of marketing tactics.
    And the problem is still that most people do disagree with their methods. You cannot garner sympathy for a cause if the majority of people you are trying to convince end up branding you terrorists, or crazy, or crazy terrorists. Many other organisations manage to achieve what PETA set out to achieve without the massive amount of failure surrounding PETA and their actions.

Their methods are self-defeating because it, quite literally, has them branded as terrorists. Getting more attention isn't a good thing if the attention they are generating is from people laughing at their methods. The reason they will get more attention from an erotic site is because they have destroyed their ability to generate attention without using extreme methods because of their extreme methods.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-06-06 at 06:35 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Put an outstanding member of PETA who exemplafies their beliefs on an Island with a few animals and no other source of food and watch how quickly the lives of those animals drop in value. Its human nature to eat animals which is why no one ever really listens to PETA.

15+ Year Old Account
    If PETA is trying to get people "turned on" to their cause, they did a bad job with that site.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Put an outstanding member of PETA who exemplafies their beliefs on an Island with a few animals and no other source of food and watch how quickly the lives of those animals drop in value. Its human nature to eat animals which is why no one ever really listens to PETA.
    But but anemia is fun!

I wonder all those videos they use must be made by them or paid for by them. I wonder how the animals feel about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Apparently, the idea that we no longer need to eat animals to survive (thanks to the very same research they fight against), it's now ethically wrong to eat animals.

Laughable.

Hypocritical morons

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    It's pretty obvious that the people that go against their views are going to disagree and find whatever insults they can to try to humiliate them. Their methods aren't self-defeating nor does it make them look like idiots, it's just the people that disagree with them that say that. Their methods are polemic. They get more attention by making an erotic site or something crazy like that than by making a peaceful manifestation. To label them as mere "lunatics" is to undervalue their audacity and their knowledge of marketing tactics.

Now then, I'm not saying I agree with everything they say or they do. I just find their tactics to be a lot more cunning than many people say
    you have a very...very...verrry....VERY loose definition of cunning. i can't even say "peta is cunning" seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, cunning indeed. I'm sure you gain a lot of support from the general population by these idiotic methods.
    Tell everyone they are murderers for buying meat at the store then expect them to change their lives.

Penn and Teller already said everything that needs to be said about PETA. Not only are they batshit fucking loco, they're hypocrites who kill more animals than any other shelter system in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Apparently, the idea that we no longer need to eat animals to survive (thanks to the very same research they fight against), it's now ethically wrong to eat animals.

Laughable.

Hypocritical morons
    Hah wtf. "It's wrong to use animals for medical research, but the fact that I'm currently enjoying my life thanks to the medicine developed from that research doesn't make me a hypocrite because I'm using that life to stop that sort of thing from happening" /vice-president of PETA

/facedeskallthewaythroughtothefloor.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    People's personal beliefs are their own. If they don't want to eat meat, fine. If they want to avoid all things that relate to animals in any way like certain cosmetics and furs and animal oils, that's their option. I, for example, have no problem with people who choose to isolate themselves from society to retain their values and beliefs; in fact, I admire them. But accusing other people of doing wrong based on one's personal belief is extremely counterproductive for ones cause. At one point a person started talking to me about the immorality of having fur on my mittens, and I simply asked them how they would be spending a year in Siberia without even once touching an animal product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    People's personal beliefs are their own. If they don't want to eat meat, fine. If they want to avoid all things that relate to animals in any way like certain cosmetics and furs and animal oils, that's their option. I, for example, have no problem with people who choose to isolate themselves from society to retain their values and beliefs; in fact, I admire them. But accusing other people of doing wrong based on one's personal belief is extremely counterproductive for ones cause. At one point a person started talking to me about the immorality of having fur on my mittens, and I simply asked them how they would be spending a year in Siberia without even once touching an animal product.
    There is no "cause" to speak of. They're simply trying to enforce their morals on people by using guilt-based arguments.
    And indeed, we're not able to survive without animal products, unless we're healthy urban citizens.

But tell that to some PETA "Hero"

Peta is still relevant in this day and age? What have they done lately exactly?

Honestly at this point they seem like less of an "Organization" and more or less a band of massive trolls.

If they actually did anything, They would not need to rely on naked women to make a point. - If you ask me it is also a way to recruit more young,hormonally challenged teenage boys into Peta by using naked women.

I hope you all come back as farmed caged animals bred for human consumption, for all of eternity.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I hope you all come back as farmed caged animals bred for human consumption, for all of eternity.
    And I hope you come back as a person who loves to eat animals, wear fur, and display thier heads as trophys in your living room. =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Guilt based arguments again.
    I hope you come back as a normal person who keeps his zealous opinions to himself

10+ Year Old Account
    And I hope otherwise. What is your point exactly?

I don't understand the logic in this argument. I'm a person with a human brain. How would I become an animal? Sorcery? And where would I come back from? In order to become an animal I would loose all of my mental capacity and as a result still not be able to realize what is going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear PETA gets more stupid every month. The things they are coming out with now, funny and desperate.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK