TERA, Star Wars The Old Republic, Lord of the Rings Online are the three big ones I know of and have played.

I know there are tons more but I can't speak to them.

Of the above 3, TERA has the best F2P model (IMO). I can't stand LotRO model personally, but there are those who like it. SW:ToR has a pretty terrible model, not many people will refute that, but the hinderances can be overcome with in-game currency. If you want to try SWToR I'd recommend subbing for a month, especially now that they are having a 12x xp thing going on for class story missions.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    In addition to what Katchii said, there's also Rift, which has an f2p system that's just as good as TERA's, more frequent content patches, and better lore/story/quests. Downside, it does't hold a candle to TERA's combat system.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkpoison324 View Post
    thanks.
    Based on your tastes I can only recommend Tera and nothing else. Everything you've played is Eastern themes and/or action combat. Tera is your game. I don't know where you live, but if you get ok ping with the US servers you should play the game through Steam. En Masse is a much better company than the Euro company that runs tera. Then again if you are Asian you may be able to just play K-Tera, I know almost nothing about their version game other than they have way more stuff and get it months and months before anyone else since that's where the game comes from.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Based on your tastes I can only recommend Tera and nothing else. Everything you've played is Eastern themes and/or action combat. Tera is your game. I don't know where you live, but if you get ok ping with the US servers you should play the game through Steam. En Masse is a much better company than the Euro company that runs tera. Then again if you are Asian you may be able to just play K-Tera, I know almost nothing about their version game other than they have way more stuff and get it months and months before anyone else since that's where the game comes from.
    I'm east coast american i'll go ahead and try the steam tera thank you !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkpoison324 View Post
    I'm east coast american i'll go ahead and try the steam tera thank you !
    No problem. It's honestly one of the best F2P games out there. Questing is a tad grindy, but the combat, graphics, and overall design are pretty top notch. It's definitely the best action combat MMO ever made to this point. YMMV, but if you enjoyed those games you posted this will feel like an evolution of them all.
    BAD WOLF

Hello! So I've a long time MMORPG / RPG player and I'm looking for a game to fufill my wishes.

I'm looking for a game with end game like World of Warcraft (Raiding). I love raiding, though the aspects I love about raiding are the boss fights and the progression behind it. I love wiping to bosses nonstop with friends until we finally beat it, then on to the next. I love progression in general, but dungeon and boss progression is my favorite. While I would like loot to be involved, not entirely required.

Now, some extra needs. While World of Warcraft is definitely the game for me, I've just come to a point where I can't match guild schedules anymore and sometimes I find myself having to bail at the last second. I want a game with WoW style endgame, but can be soloed (or with 2 people because my friend is in the same boat as me.) World of Warcraft's LFR system is like what I want (Jump in and raid whenever I want, no schedule) but it doesn't offer enough of a challenge... my first time seeing a boss is also the time I down it in lfr.

TLDR

* Looking for a game with World of Warcraft like raiding (Boss / Dungeon progression). Loot / drops prefered, but far from required if the game is fun enough.
    * Needs to be soloable or 2 person. If it's a very small number like 5 man, We can live with that. We like making friends in MMOs. We just have a hard time meeting a schedule, so we prefer a game where we can jump on and raid progressively whenever we both happen to be on.

Games I tried

FORCED - This game is AMAZING. Me and my friend love beating all of the puzzles (plus their challenge modes) and then fighting the big boss of each wing. This game has been incredible, but we're almost done with it. The only downside is no loot, only puzzle and boss progression. But that's a very minor downside because of how much fun and challenging the boss fights are. I'd rather have fun boss progression with no loot, then loot progression (like Diablo 3)

DIABLO 3 - While I liked the loot pinata deal and loot progression, there's no boss / dungeon progression. Also the story is so dreadfully boring it took me months playing on and off to reach 70.

We'll take any game, co-op rpg, MMO, ARPG, anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGM View Post
    Hello! So I've a long time MMORPG / RPG player and I'm looking for a game to fufill my wishes.

I'm looking for a game with end game like World of Warcraft (Raiding). I love raiding, though the aspects I love about raiding are the boss fights and the progression behind it. I love wiping to bosses nonstop with friends until we finally beat it, then on to the next. I love progression in general, but dungeon and boss progression is my favorite. While I would like loot to be involved, not entirely required.

Now, some extra needs. While World of Warcraft is definitely the game for me, I've just come to a point where I can't match guild schedules anymore and sometimes I find myself having to bail at the last second. I want a game with WoW style endgame, but can be soloed (or with 2 people because my friend is in the same boat as me.) World of Warcraft's LFR system is like what I want (Jump in and raid whenever I want, no schedule) but it doesn't offer enough of a challenge... my first time seeing a boss is also the time I down it in lfr.

TLDR

* Looking for a game with World of Warcraft like raiding (Boss / Dungeon progression). Loot / drops prefered, but far from required if the game is fun enough.
    * Needs to be soloable or 2 person. If it's a very small number like 5 man, We can live with that. We like making friends in MMOs. We just have a hard time meeting a schedule, so we prefer a game where we can jump on and raid progressively whenever we both happen to be on.

Games I tried

FORCED - This game is AMAZING. Me and my friend love beating all of the puzzles (plus their challenge modes) and then fighting the big boss of each wing. This game has been incredible, but we're almost done with it. The only downside is no loot, only puzzle and boss progression. But that's a very minor downside because of how much fun and challenging the boss fights are. I'd rather have fun boss progression with no loot, then loot progression (like Diablo 3)

DIABLO 3 - While I liked the loot pinata deal and loot progression, there's no boss / dungeon progression. Also the story is so dreadfully boring it took me months playing on and off to reach 70.

We'll take any game, co-op rpg, MMO, ARPG, anything.
    Warframe
    Vindictus
    Monster Hunter Online
    Neverwinter
    Firefall
    Path of Exile
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2015-05-12 at 07:45 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGM View Post

Now, some extra needs. While World of Warcraft is definitely the game for me, I've just come to a point where I can't match guild schedules anymore and sometimes I find myself having to bail at the last second.
    World of Warcraft with a different guild?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    World of Warcraft with a different guild?
    See, like I said, I would LOVE to stick to World of Warcraft. The only issue is that things in my life changed, and now I have an un-predictable schedule. I have no set in stone schedule. I never know when I'll be playing the game. Some days in the middle of the night, other days in the middle of the day. My friend is having a similiar phase, but we tend to be lucky enough to be on at the same time some days. Guilds are pretty much out of the question with them demanding the same time on the same day every week. While I could play the game from 11 pm to 2 am tonight, I could be playing the game from 1 pm to 2 pm the same day next week.

If World of Warcraft raids could be done solo with NPCs taking up the other raid slots, it would be the perfect game for me in my current situation haha.

(P.S., incase you try to suggest it. I know my issue is scheduling, so pugging and LFR would obviously fix that Issue. I don't want to do either of those. Problem with LFR is it's too easy, with me usually downing the boss the first time I run it. Problem with pugging is the people. I prefer playing with people I know and have developed a connection with (that or I'd rather play alone.) So for me, the choice is play with a guild, play with just my friend and I, or play completely alone.) [With that said, I'm not saying I refuse to make new friends in mmo groups, but I'd rather build friendships through guilds rather than randomly.]

FORCED and Dragon Age: Origins have been some AWESOME alternatives so far for boss fights. I thought about giving Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning and Dark Souls a try based on what I've read.
    Last edited by SquirrelGM; 2015-05-14 at 04:10 AM.

When I was in third grade, (1994 I believe) there was a computer in our classroom. During a break we could play a game on it, and it was this game about collecting treasure... gems I think. It is pretty vague, but I liked it a lot. And I wish I could find out what it was. The view was top down, like in the old zelda games.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Hey guys, looking for a MMO/RPG game that has satisfying items/character progression. On a side note, is it possible to play Monster Hunter Online in NA? Saw somebody suggest it a couple posts up, but, the playerbase would be mostly Japanese, yeah?

I've tried GW2, Rift, ESO, Wildstar, etc, all the biggies. I've never tried the final fantasy MMO though, I'm in the process of trying ArcheAge. I guess I'd like diablo-like item progression but with a larger community.
    Last edited by Elytius; 2015-05-16 at 03:45 AM.

FFXIV allows you to be all classes on a single character, but beyond that it's progression is the same old same old MMORPG progression.

I don't see any games with the infinite progression your looking for, save for D3 itself and ESO's minor stat increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Elytius View Post
    I guess I'd like diablo-like item progression but with a larger community.
    Warframe.

Diablo style loot.
    Prince of Persia movement.
    Dynasty Warriors Melee.
    Fast pace run and gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elytius View Post
    I guess I'd like diablo-like item progression but with a larger community.
    Yeah Warframe is a pretty large scale game and fits this bill like Bard said. If you want an actual ARPG then you can try Marvel Heroes or Path of Exile.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    FFXIV allows you to be all classes on a single character, but beyond that it's progression is the same old same old MMORPG progression.

I don't see any games with the infinite progression your looking for, save for D3 itself and ESO's minor stat increases.
    FF14 is the biggest grind and biggest bore when it comes to questing. I'm not joking when I say there are multiple points in the game where you have to walk around 2 hours just talking...without any interesting story.

The gameplay was fun, but it's by the far the worst questing I've ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    FF14 is the biggest grind and biggest bore when it comes to questing. I'm not joking when I say there are multiple points in the game where you have to walk around 2 hours just talking...without any interesting story.

The gameplay was fun, but it's by the far the worst questing I've ever done.
    Eh, I thought the questing was amazing. I lvd a 50 pld and war raided a lot when coil only went up to turn 5.
    I think you have to expect final fantasy like quests and story to enjoy it.

I'm really wanting a game where I can do Alchemy. I'd like to be able to adventure out to harvest herbs and the like, and craft various potions. I mainly just like to craft and explore. Does anyone have any good suggestions for crafting? And please keep in mind I already own Minecraft, and have played WoW for what's probably far too long, lol~ Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pakaya View Post
    I'm really wanting a game where I can do Alchemy. I'd like to be able to adventure out to harvest herbs and the like, and craft various potions. I mainly just like to craft and explore. Does anyone have any good suggestions for crafting? And please keep in mind I already own Minecraft, and have played WoW for what's probably far too long, lol~ Thanks!
    You sound like you want a game where non-combative gameplay is an endgame (with being a craftsman a preferable option). I can indulge you with The Repopulation (a SWG inspired sandbox MMORPG, where you can be just a crafter or politician or whatever), ArcheAge (and sandpark with non-combative elements, but much less fifty than Repop), and FFXIV (a theme park with crafter's as playable classes, though you kinda need to fight if you want to survive the high level areas trying to gather your mats).

Another game I'd suggest to fill your niche would be Star Citizen (Like Repop, it has a heavy emphasis on gameplay that isn't synonymous with killing things; no crafting though. Of particular note: your items are actual objects you manipulate with your hands and equipment, not numbers represented on a UI).

Deleted
    Thought about Final Fantasy XIV?

The gatherers and crafters there are actual character classes, might be up your alley.

Dragon Age Inquisition? Great game for exploration. And can craft quite a lot of different potions and tonics. There is also a rogue class that uses different kinds of potions to enhance their abilities.