Quote Originally Posted by Jondar View Post
    Excluding the bigger franchises (WoW, FF, SWTOR, GW, Tera, Rift), MOBAs, and FPS games..

What's worth playing nowadays? It seems very difficult to find worthwhile games to play, and it's hard to find games that you don't think are going to quickly shut down or turn pay2win to try and make as much money as possible before that show down.

I really enjoyed WildStar, I only really raid on WoW, I enjoyed DFO.. I like challenges and I like grindy content.

What were your favorite titles that fit this thread in 2015?
    What about third person shooter games?

Warframe has evolved into a really amazing MMO.
    There's the ground game (run and gun)
    The space game (gundam wing)
    Content is solo - 4 man for normal content.
    4-8 for raids.
    Pvp is 8 ffa, 4v4 ctf/db
    There's daily hard mode missions called sorties.
    There's nightmare modes that drop rare mods.
    There's vault modes that debuff you and drop rare mods.
    Paying for stuff doesn't get you many advantages, everything is pretty much grindable.
    In pvp, the top tier pve stuff tends to be worse than the starter gear (starter gear has higher DPR whereas end game has higher ROF, same net dps)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account

A really fun Survival game please!

Ahoy thar!

I'm really wanting to play an awesome survival game, I'm kind of open to suggestions however I've read a few reviews on some games about them being waaaaaaayy too buggy or being plagued by hackers.

I've tried Ark so far, and I think for me the dino theme is a bit too much what with them all needing alot of maintenance and all that jazz, so we can cross Ark off the list!

SO. Any suggestions?

I'm also open to any of your personal stories on said games, tell me why you love it or why you should avoid it, I do so love a giggle

hurtworld
    /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    Ahoy thar!

I'm really wanting to play an awesome survival game, I'm kind of open to suggestions however I've read a few reviews on some games about them being waaaaaaayy too buggy or being plagued by hackers.

I've tried Ark so far, and I think for me the dino theme is a bit too much what with them all needing alot of maintenance and all that jazz, so we can cross Ark off the list!

SO. Any suggestions?

I'm also open to any of your personal stories on said games, tell me why you love it or why you should avoid it, I do so love a giggle
    If you don't mind survival horror, Amnesia is great. I didn't care as much for the second one though.

Basically, your character wakes up in a castle with no memory of the past. As you progress, you pick up notes that you'd left behind for yourself and start putting things together. You eventually realize that you have to make your way through the castle and kill the villian. You have to run/hide from any monsters you encounter and can't directly fight them in any way. There's quite a bit of puzzle solving and such too.

But it's definitely not for you if you don't like horror elements. The horror side was the main reason I liked the game. Very immersive if you wear a good headset.

Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    Ahoy thar!

SO. Any suggestions?

7 Days to Die, if you're cool with zombies. It's one of the most feature rich survival games out there right now as far as I'm concerned. It's like Dayz but with building and levels and complex crafting and... gameplay. Interesting and challenging mobs and biomes, etc.

Aside from that, others off the top of my head that seemed moderately good-
    Savage Lands
    Darkwood
    Empyrion: Galactic Survival (if you're into space stuff)

Need help with chosing multiplayer FPS.

Hi all.
    Long time ago I bough Battlefield Hardline but after campaign and few online games stopped playing. Now I downloaded this game again but the serwers are so empty, I was sure something is wrong on my side so googled and seems this game on PC is dead. I heard more people play in BF 4 atm than in Hardline.

Now Im not sure what to do. Buy BF 4? Im not sure if its worth to buy so old game right now. Or maybe better to buy CoD Black Ops 3? Im very casual and average fps player, I just like to play few games, unlocking new guns etc.

So what would be now best choice for multi FPS game?

Theres really nothing to worth playing atm?

It seems that people that are into playing those kinds of games are playing CS:GO atm. ?

both CoD and BF was more *fun* before it seems and the new versions of them have not really hooked people.

What about Battlefront? Few weeks ago when i read opinions everyone was delighted, now all I read is that after few hours its becoming boring, so its also flop like BF Hardline?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    What about Battlefront? Few weeks ago when i read opinions everyone was delighted, now all I read is that after few hours its becoming boring, so its also flop like BF Hardline?
    Battlefront isn't great. It's pretty, but not a very good game.

I'd go for CS, if you can dig a mechanically focused, competitive shooter.

Previously I would have recommended Team Fortress2, but the game is really cancerous now. Between the idiotic balance/item patches the developers made in recent years, and the general age of the game—it's now filled almost entirely with shitty players and trolls. 90% terrible noobs, 8% vet trolls that are only there to grief/ruin the match, and 2% good people that just want to play. And that is besides the frequent times when half your team will just decide to do nothing and dance in the base or other similar fuckery while espousing "it's just a game, I'm having fun". (Thanks for that, Valve! Really needed those dances added to the game!)

If you stick with something like payload it can still be okay, but teamstacking can still be rampant.

Deleted
    Anyone know any good rpg games you can play alone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Hi all.
    Long time ago I bough Battlefield Hardline but after campaign and few online games stopped playing. Now I downloaded this game again but the serwers are so empty, I was sure something is wrong on my side so googled and seems this game on PC is dead. I heard more people play in BF 4 atm than in Hardline.

Now Im not sure what to do. Buy BF 4? Im not sure if its worth to buy so old game right now. Or maybe better to buy CoD Black Ops 3? Im very casual and average fps player, I just like to play few games, unlocking new guns etc.

So what would be now best choice for multi FPS game?
    I still maintain that if you just want to pop in and play a few games in a shooter, then CoD is your best bet. Black Ops 3 is also the best one since Black Ops 2. Basically Treyarch is the shit and their CoD games are always great.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
    From 2015 you've got Undertale, The Witcher 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Bloodborne, and another great game that is light on the RPG mechanics, Fallout 4.

But considering that other than MMOs most RPGs are single player, you've got a huge list of games you can choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
    Hundreds! Though it does depend on what style you lean towards as the genre is very broad. What games have you played and really liked?

For more current releases some of my favourite RPGs include Dragon Age series (only played 1 and 2 so far), Witcher 3 (well all of them but the last is by far the best in my opinion), Pillars of Eternity and to a lesser extent Skyrim and Divinity: Original Sin.

If you are willing to go further back then there are many amazing games like Baldurs Gate, Planescape Torment, Neverwinter Nights, Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls and so on.

Or perhaps do you prefer ARPGs (action RPG)? Diablo, Torhclight, Sacred, Titan Quest and Path of Exile are some of the biggest in that category.

Anyhow, narrow down your criteria a bit if you can then people can suggest more similar games.

Deleted
    I have always loved the type of game where there is a persistent "base" that you can customize and upgrade. Basically, an RPG where it's not just the player character and his teammates that are being developed, but also a hub world that you can do lots of predefined customization with. I'm NOT talking about Fallout 4 settlements, because those are too freeform for me. I'm talking about something like the strongholds in Mad Max, The Homestead in Assassin's Creed 3, the Jackdaw in Black Flag, the entire city of Rome in Brotherhood,... Basically, a game within the game that is a break away from the usual combat. Could someone recommend me a game in that style?

*Contains SPOILERS about housing options in games*

Hi Nzall,

Sorry for the late reply but struggled to think of many options. The only ones that I have played (and remembered enough to recommend) are Rift, Pillars of Eternity and Skyrim (and I think that the older Elder Scrolls have something similar from what I can remember but don't quote me on it).

Rift is more free-form but you can buy a plot of land (dimension) with a house and then decorate it with items that you find/buy. Pillars does not give you too many options but I did like building up my stronghold. Skyrim you can buy a house in a number of different places and then upgrade it with decorations or place your own items in there. Also if interested check out the Hearthfire DLC for Skyrim which I gather lets you build a house from scratch and make a limited number of furniture items (I have not played this part through yet).

I also did a search and came up with Baldur's Gate 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Fable 2-3, Fallout 3/NV, Kingdoms of Amalur, Mount and Blade: Warband and Everquest 2. Please look into these choices more first though as I have not played them or cannot remember the base side of things well enough!
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2016-01-16 at 07:38 PM.

Hey everybody,

I needed some info and your opinions on a few games. I wanted to buy something on Steam and here is what i'm looking at so far.

1) Life is Strange - only thing i dont like is when i was watching a YT vid it seemed like the dialogue was a bit corny. Its like they were trying to make the characters sound too cool or hip. Are the lines throughout the game pretty good or bad in your guys opinion? like does it seem like they are over-acting a bit?

2) Tomb Raider Reborn - Looks like a 3rd person shooter/jumper/puzzler. And it also looks like it has a bunch of quicktime events too? like press A to avoid getting hit by the thingie. Anything good/bad you guys can say about the game overall?

3) Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - this one actually confused me a bit because i looked at some YT videos and it looks like its got a layout similar to Diablo 2 and 3? 3d isometric is the term i think? but it also has some jumping and puzzle stuff but the abilities you have are few.

Right now i'm leaning more towards Osiris cause it looks like the most fun from the YT vids. Reborn is next though i need to watch some more YT vids to see how much on rails the game feels. And LiS is last because i'm afraid i might not like the way the character lines are delivered.

Hello gentlemen and gentlewomen,

I need some help finding new games to play. For months now I've been wanting to play an old-school, 2D RPG with ridiculous amounts of replayability and exploration. Preferably fantasy.

I also like it when there's a lot of skills and customization, but you can't have everything I guess.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Coronius; 2016-01-18 at 07:51 AM.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Hello gentlemen and gentlewomen,

I need some help finding new games to play. For months now I've been wanting to play an old-school, 2D RPG with ridiculous amounts of replayability and exploration. Preferably fantasy.

I also like it when there's a lot of skills and customization, but you can't have everything I guess.

Any suggestions?
    If by 2D you mean isometric in the style of the old Infinity Engine games, there are a few from recent days that you can look into:

1. Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. This is a remastered edition of the classic Black Isle/Bioware collab. The original game already was one of the masterpieces of the genre, and the Enhanced Edition only improves on the original, adding support for modern resolutions, fixing several long standing bugs and adding several new party members to the game. If you like this, check out Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced edition as well.
    2. Pillars of Eternity: A spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate, created by Obsidian Entertainment. Obsidian was founded by Feargus Urquhart, who also founded Black Isle Studios. Pillars of Eternity was one of the most successful kickstarters to date for a videogame. The game features a unique world with its own history and gameplay.
    3. Divinity: Original Sin: another Kickstarter success, this time by the Belgian Larian Studios. Larian already had a modest success with the original Divine Divinity (also a rather good game), and this game is a prequel for that game.

Quote Originally Posted by notanmmmonewbie View Post
    Hey everybody,

I needed some info and your opinions on a few games. I wanted to buy something on Steam and here is what i'm looking at so far.

1) Life is Strange - only thing i dont like is when i was watching a YT vid it seemed like the dialogue was a bit corny. Its like they were trying to make the characters sound too cool or hip. Are the lines throughout the game pretty good or bad in your guys opinion? like does it seem like they are over-acting a bit?
    For me, and for many others I know, we loved the game completely. The dialogues were well done and the story was very interesting and emotional.
    Great soundtrack and art that puts a great atmosphere in the game.
    Game of the Year for me personally.

2) Tomb Raider Reborn - Looks like a 3rd person shooter/jumper/puzzler. And it also looks like it has a bunch of quicktime events too? like press A to avoid getting hit by the thingie. Anything good/bad you guys can say about the game overall?
    Tomb Raider Reborn? You mean the Tomb Raider reboot from 2013?
    Tomb Raider was a great game imo. Fun action, with upgradeable and modable weapons. Quite a lot of tombs to explore and puzzles to complete.
    Many things to collect if you want achivements. The story itself is really good as well, with stunning graphics and views.
    I liked it so much that I pre-ordered the Rise of the Tomb Raider CE.