Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Informative post, Fencers, but the above is not correct. Nemesis characters go to Standard league upon death.
    You first go to Domination League then Standard League after the 4 months are over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You first go to Domination League then Standard League after the 4 months are over.
    I hope so, it does say when creating a nemesis character that you go to 'standard league' upon death though, so i can understand the confusion. Ah well, an easy way to test it...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    I hope so, it does say when creating a nemesis character that you go to 'standard league' upon death though, so i can understand the confusion. Ah well, an easy way to test it...
    It really says that? I haven't made one in Nemesis yet so I wouldn't know but if it's actually like that it makes no sense. :/

when leagues end it says you go to Standard. Do you take all your items with you?

10+ Year Old Account
    It really says that? I haven't made one in Nemesis yet so I wouldn't know but if it's actually like that it makes no sense. :/

So i just tested it and you do indeed go from nemesis to standard league.
    Which is bullshit.

On a related note, how likely is it that an average player would be able to complete all the domination league challenges. Is it the kind of thing only a few 100 players world wide would manage, or something thats attainable by the average player within 4 months? With enough play time ofcourse. I know its a difficult question, just deciding wether to start characters on domination or just stick to standard where my stash is.

Deleted
    You can get all of the challenges, except one, in Domination league. There are some that are obviously hard to get though, like owning certain Unique weapons(65 total I think).

The easiest so far to me seems to get all the shrines, only missing two.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    when leagues end it says you go to Standard. Do you take all your items with you?
    Yes. The items will show up in your stash as new "Remove Only" tabs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    using orbs of jewelery and fusing consumes the item's quality, but have a higher chance of linking or getting more sockets.
    Ah that's nice, didn't know that. Haven't played for a few months.

Not that I would know anything about it, playing Nemesis exclusively.

Deleted
    Not that I would know anything about it, playing Nemesis exclusively.
    Well, apparently you go straight to standard league, not even to Domination, according to Hiragana since he tried it. It's dumb.

Well, apparently you go straight to standard league, not even to Domination, according to Hiragana since he tried it. It's dumb.
    Sorry, I was trying to be sarcastic. Yeah, I've ventured into standard with a few of my Nemesis characters over the last couple of days.

Its not ideal, since it means I have to roll a brand new set of characters and farm them up to get the shrines achievement, but I can see some merits in keeping the leagues separate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is that dumb? That's how it's always been, and it's a risk that you accept going into a hardcore league.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    Why is that dumb? That's how it's always been, and it's a risk that you accept going into a hardcore league.
    'Always has been' doesn't really work well for me. And it's dumb because when you die in Hardcore League you go to its normal mode, which is Standard League. I don't understand why the same doesn't apply to Nemesis League.

Just doesn't make sense to me besides the 'we just want you to suffer more', but that's what PoE is about so I guess there's no point.

Informative post, Fencers, but the above is not correct. Nemesis characters go to Standard league upon death.
    I meant to actually edit that out afterward but forgot as I was dead tired last night. Thanks for clarifying though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    You take all your stuff.

Why is it dumb? If you die in Hardcore, any version of Hardcore, you have failed.

'Always has been' doesn't really work well for me. And it's dumb because when you die in Hardcore League you go to its normal mode, which is Standard League. I don't understand why the same doesn't apply to Nemesis League.
    Standard and Hardcore are actually legacy leagues. They even used to be called Legacy SC/HC, respectively.

It makes perfect sense a dead or retired [no HC death, but league has ended] character would be in the Legacy realms.

Just doesn't make sense to me besides the 'we just want you to suffer more', but that's what PoE is about so I guess there's no point.
    Not sure why it is suffering. If you die in HC, you have failed according to the rules of the game.

Is it unfair or suffering when you lose your lives in Mario Bros. and have to start world 1-1 again?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Also, Domination league is harder than Nemesis.
    Then you haven't seen modz' unfortunate Devourer encounter. If only it had LMP and Far Shot in addition

http://www.twitch.tv/datmodz/c/3134450
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently started a fireball witch with added lightning damage added cold damage, and eventually added chaos damage when I get a 5 link, also LMP must say damage is insane seriously mana heavy though.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Then you haven't seen modz' unfortunate Devourer encounter. If only it had LMP and Far Shot in addition

That guy has 380 hp as a melee at level 20-something? He flirts with death. Wonder what resists he has too.

My AOF/icespear scion is facing similar problems with cruel devourers though. I have 1400 hp / 250 ES and 78% fire resist, and those fuckers just chew through my hp. Got almost gibbed twice, once by Storm Herald devourer who just chased me non-stop with that bullshit lightning, and the other was hexfont + a ton of nasty mods like increased damage on crit. Each of their shots that connects literally takes out half of my hp, and then you get ignited on top of that.

Nasty nasty business.

I recently started a fireball witch with added lightning damage added cold damage, and eventually added chaos damage when I get a 5 link, also LMP must say damage is insane seriously mana heavy though.
    Are you using fireball for its AoE explosion, or for its awesome base damage? If its the latter, I seriously recommend concentrated effect instead of chaos damage. Its a flat out 50% damage increase to your damage at level 1.
    Last edited by Ashnazg; 2013-10-29 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post

OMG, hahahaha! That was awesome/funny as all heck!

But I was reading this morning the devourers are possibly bugged. When they emerge from the ground devourers supposedly have a100% hit chance or something to that effect. Which you can't actively avoid either. So if you get pack'd there is the potential to take a bunch of unavoidable damage.

Haven't read anything official on it yet. Just that forum thread this morning.

However, I stick to my statement! I was leveling in Nemesis with my husband and a friend of ours easily up to cruel. However, we each died in turn about 2-3 times in the Domination normal difficulty.

I was the first to die to a shrine with frost nova in The Climb normal mode. Husband died in Broken Bridge, normal mode. In Cruel act 1 our friend died in the Chamber of Sins to a hellish shrine combo surrounded by so many sparkers and viper strike spiders there was almost no where to stand.

Also had more close calls [and deaths, obvs.] in Domination than we did in Nemesis. Where all our characters are still alive, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Also had more close calls [and deaths, obvs.] in Domination than we did in Nemesis. Where all our characters are still alive, btw.
    Are you building similarly though? In Nemesis, I always err on the side of caution and take far too many hp / defensive nodes. I wouldn't touch them in non-HC mode.

I think the majority of Nemesis difficulty comes from encountering those combos of rare monsters which make it a nightmare to get around. Like bones + invincible allies + extra fast, or hexfont / extra fast rare next to Kole, or dragging a soul conduit rare over a field of dead champions, and so on. Since you don't even see some of the mods until Cruel, I think Nemesis doesn't ramp up until later.

10+ Year Old Account
    That guy has 380 hp as a melee at level 20-something? He flirts with death. Wonder what resists he has too.

My AOF/icespear scion is facing similar problems with cruel devourers though. I have 1400 hp / 250 ES and 78% fire resist, and those fuckers just chew through my hp. Got almost gibbed twice, once by Storm Herald devourer who just chased me non-stop with that bullshit lightning, and the other was hexfont + a ton of nasty mods like increased damage on crit. Each of their shots that connects literally takes out half of my hp, and then you get ignited on top of that.

Nasty nasty business.

Are you using fireball for its AoE explosion, or for its awesome base damage? If its the latter, I seriously recommend concentrated effect instead of chaos damage. Its a flat out 50% damage increase to your damage at level 1.
    Thx for the tip I may try that as soon as I can get a concentrated effect since they never seem to drop for me.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.