Thread: Bounties?

10+ Year Old Account

Bounties?

Wouldn't it be cool if the each sever had bounties? Here is how I think they could do it...

All characters are stored in the Blizzard date base, even after there deleted their stored there for a few months incase you want to restore them later on. They will have to sort the 'dead' character files from the ones that are active, and come on atleast twice a day! So then after that is done for each sever they will have a sort of a random 'generator' on each faction to pick a character horde and alliance. There will be 4 bounties a day, each bounty will start at a give time (6,12,1,3,2), each with a different character on the opposite faction of your given level seeing as though you would be able to pick up bounties around level 60...65, starting with one bounty a day at any level lower then 90.

At level cap the bounties will award Gems that you can't get anywhere else, a large amount of gold 10k, or 5k, honor and rep

at lower levels you will be rewarded gold (lower number of course) and blues, with rep and a smaller portion of honor

To find out if you have a 'mark' on your head you will speak to a Gnome infiltrator in the dwarven district, or a orc traitor in the same place that will tell you if there is a bounty on your head and you will be able to choose one buff from the npc. The npc can be killed, if that happens there is no other way to find out if you have mark on your head until the next day!

The Horde will be similar, a Blood elf Spy or a Traitor Human in the cleft of shadows.

You can only get the bounties in the world, so not in a BG, or a RBG or arena!

Anyone can get the bounty, but only 1 person can get the credit if not in a group, if your in a group, and have shared the quest only 2 people get the credit...

What do you think would it be a good idea?

And the reward will change...like gems will be a epic items, or a epic will be a gem and there is a chance to get a mount! A wolf mount called " Horn of the Warmongerler's Wolf" I have a picture of it in my mind,but it would be hard to explain!

So anyway...what do you guys think?
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might be a bit easier if the bounty were for a specific race/class/sex combination as it's way too easy for a specific player to just toon hop or avoid everyone altogether. Plus if it's class/race/sex selection you'd have a lot more players sharing in the "looking over their shoulder" paranoia that would make it so fun

im sorry dude, althought your suggestion would add a random component and another reason to fly around the world looking for that target and a new excitement for having found the target and getting the gems/ rewards that cant be gottent anywhere else.. blizzard will basically not even read your thread..

reason : you are suggesting unwanted PVP action.

basically your suggestion would result on massive numbers of players to gang up on one player.. soon as i read the title bounties i thought unwanted PVP. sorry bro but nice try

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it would be interesting if you earned the bounty.

Say you are flying around STV ganking all the lowbies. If enough of the people you ganked reported you to an innkeeper(lots of these all through out the world so no new NPC would have to be added just a new option) you would be notified that there is a bounty on your head. The opposing faction would also be notified that there is a new bounty, say through the World Defense Channel so if you didn't have to be spammed about bounties if you didn't want to.

At this point for every X amount of kills the bounty on your head goes up. For every enemy character you killed that granted honor you would gain additional honor depending how high the bounty on your head was. When you are killed by the opposing faction those that kill you receive the bounty of honor points that you were worth.

To prevent people from forming groups and farming easy honor, the bounty is split between the amount of people in the group. A bounty of 100HP would award 10 people 10HP each, or two people 50HP each. The additional honor gained by the wanted player would also be split between the player in his group as well.

If you are under the effect of a bounty you are constantly flagged for PvP, even in your home cities. Would make it interesting on PVE servers.

If you were talking about random bounties on an NPC that would be kind of cool but randomly selecting a player to get gank fested is only fun for the gankers. Especially on people who have no intention to do any PvP. I don't pvp in wow and if I found a mark on my characters head I would just log off rather than deal with that. I'd log on an Alt and laugh my ass off when I go around telling everyone that I just killed the target in twillight highlands in the bottom of the elementium mine and that they would be there if anyone was looking for them. You can spend the whole week looking for me but you are never going to get me because unlike regular pvp where I have a chance in your ideal it would be me vrs everyone and I'd just face gank after gank.

Not every ideal is worth telling everyone about, just sayin.

I like this option, but the debuff would need to remain for its duration regardless of logging in/out. I would argue that it should only disappear upon server reset. That way, unless you plan to only play that character once this week, prepare to be hunted.

Oh, one thing that would suck is the /who feature. You would be able to use that to find the zone in which the person is staying, unless they change it somehow.

I did like the WotLK quests that warned you they are PVP quests before you accepted them. I just wish they used a different color !, like red perhaps. That way, You would know when you had a multiple choice on quests which were pvp
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    I think it would be interesting if you earned the bounty.

Say you are flying around STV ganking all the lowbies. If enough of the people you ganked reported you to an innkeeper(lots of these all through out the world so no new NPC would have to be added just a new option) you would be notified that there is a bounty on your head. The opposing faction would also be notified that there is a new bounty, say through the World Defense Channel so if you didn't have to be spammed about bounties if you didn't want to.

At this point for every X amount of kills the bounty on your head goes up. For every enemy character you killed that granted honor you would gain additional honor depending how high the bounty on your head was. When you are killed by the opposing faction those that kill you receive the bounty of honor points that you were worth.

To prevent people from forming groups and farming easy honor, the bounty is split between the amount of people in the group. A bounty of 100HP would award 10 people 10HP each, or two people 50HP each. The additional honor gained by the wanted player would also be split between the player in his group as well.

If you are under the effect of a bounty you are constantly flagged for PvP, even in your home cities. Would make it interesting on PVE servers.

Used to play a game that had a system kinda like this. People would put the bounties of the people they wanted killed on a notice board, and whoever got the kill, got the amount posted

I think some variation of this could be a really cool idea. However, it definitely shouldn't just be a bounty on a random player who probably has no idea what's going on when 30 enemy players descend on them like a pack of hyenas.

My suggestion for some modifcations for this idea:

1 - Have the bounty placed on players who kill opposing faction npc's and players in enemy territory. Example: A horde player kills some Stormwind guards and a few players in Stormwind, so they have a bounty placed on them.

2 - The bounty can increase based on how much enemy territory pvp they engage in. Example: An alliance player who kills 30 horde players in Durotar would have a higher bounty than an ally player who only killed 3 npc's in Durotar.

3 - There would have to be some way to clear the bounties. This could be anything from a weekly reset to a series of repeatable quests the player could do to reduce the bounty on themselves. I don't have concrete ideas for the how, but there would need to be some way to keep the bounties from becoming ludicrously high if they were never claimed. There would probably also need to be a cap placed on the bounty for that reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the finer details of how it was implemented, but this could be a pretty fun future. It would have to have a reasonable ability to opt out on PvE realms though, but would hopefully still be available for those that wanted to participate.

I like the idea of players being able to set their own bounties with their own gold. Of course, they can do this now, but an automatic ssytem would be cool. I don't think it should be based on people reporting that character, as someone suggested, because people will want to do it for RP or just for fun. Besides, if you report someone for a legitimate problem, players typically expect some punishing action from Blizzard other than giving gold to the people that kill his character in-game.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    as awesome as it sounds, its a bad idea. your forcing players into a pvp situation they might not wannabe in and thats just plain wrong.

however with a few changes and prehaps a huge scrap in the reward system (since its far FAR too much as you suggest) it could work.

so this is my version of your idea:
    -players who are interrested in the bounty system, can sign up at a npc in their faction city, players will be chosen at random among those who decide too join in (you cant quit till you yourself have become a bounty, in order too prevent people too join too get easy money and then leave)
    - rewards, gold/honor depending were you kill the player who is marked for bounty you can earn a small too high amount of gold/honor (the closer he is too one of his faction cities the higher, the amount lowers when the player is in a unprotected spot out in the wild.)
    -prehaps add something that others can group(5 players max, else it might become impossible too kill the bounty) with the bounty and are able too earn small cash/honor awards for protecting the bounty (low amount in a city/higher amount in the wild, although both rewardss are not really high too make this a valid way too grind gold, unless LOTS of people come after the bounty you defend)

this way no one who isnt interrested in it, wont be punished by the system.