568 36.48%
  • Unjustifiable

583 37.44%
  • Would have gone about it differently.

571 36.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 60 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    on one side it's realy evil from the girl that clearly knows she has hiv (it's not deadly but it sucks to have..) and giving it to him.

on the other side murder is a bit to hard

but don't know if i would react in that situation, hitting her with a baseball bat probably won't be so good eighter. to a lot of people HIV is still like a death sentence (the adds don't realy help :P) and jup i know someone that has to live with it.

more important what do we learn from this story? don't burn the evidence .. burn the whole house :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    You must not be living on the same planet as the rest of us. Murder is not only justifiable in many cases, its also perfectly acceptable in many cases.

Human life is overrated.

Its your responsibility to never leave your drinks unattended at a bar, and yet if someone slipped poison into one of them, you'd certainly expect that person to face some repercussions. It is a criminal liability in many countries to refuse to disclose and/or actively deceive another person regarding your HIV status.

As it should be, imho. HIV is a plague that needs to be exterminated by all available means - social pressure AND legal action, including relentless, ruthless persecution of people who refuse to disclose their HIV status or actively conceal it from their partners.
    I'm not debating that she wasn't at fault. Clearly she was. However, if you've been alive at any point since the 80's you know damn well that HIV is out there and you need to protect yourself with people who's sexual history you don't know.

Slipping poison into your drink is TRYING to kill you. Having HIV and sleeping with someone is putting them at risk, no doubt, but it NOT trying to kill you. I just find it funny that he can have a serious lapse in judgement, but when SHE did she deserved death for it.

If someone knowingly handed you a loaded gun, and you shoot yourself, who is to blame? You both are, and killing someone else for something for which the blame also falls on you is cowardly.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    No the correct action is to neutralize the threat THEN call the cops.
    Mind = blown

Honestly, this is just laughable shit. "Neutralize the threat"? Are you serious? Not only does that not necessitate killing anyone, there was no threat to begin with. According to the story the sex was over and done with by the time the man was told. Unless the woman then pulled a weapon on him (not mentioned in the story), there was no imminent threat.

In some cases it does, that's why i POINTED that out. What are you arguing about?
    Nooooo, "to want" NEVER means the same as "to try". Never ever ever ever. The former denotes a desire, the latter an action. They are fundamentally different.

I'm starting to see a pattern here though...

I ain't talking about legal system, I'm talking about rights. Legal system that limits rights - is completely different topic.
    Now this is just mind boggling. You don't have a right to kill people just because they did something that might have put you in danger. You certainly don't have a right to kill people as a means of retaliation.

Seriously, does anyone else in this thread agree with this guy on any of these points???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canicus View Post
    if this was some celebrity that he murdered, everyone would be outraged and he'd be getting death threats. but oh, since it's just some woman we don't know about (lol society)

if the girl knew she had it, it's not right that she'd purposely infect somebody - it's possible she has a fetish for infecting people..which actually happens

he had no right to kill her even if that was her intent though, there's other ways to go about situations like that, but the fact that he just decided to kill her, proves he doesn't know how to think clearly as it is
    I dont think your celebrity conspiracy would happen

imagine if freddie mercury had given some guy or girl aids.... it would have blown peoples minds

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand it. It's not a loss if she was going to do this here and there... yet he killed and he must face justice.

If you start making exceptions the justice system becomes weak and later on corrupted. OThis time, for example, it's a real shame... it's like if someone kills your family and you see that guy and actually kill him... hell what a nightmare man... you did the freaking correct thing.. but yet you killed :/
    Last edited by shise; 2012-09-11 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    That's just bad logic. That's like saying a drunk driver is in the clear because the person they hit wasn't wearing a seatbelt, it's nonsense.
    I never said she was in the clear. She was also at blame, absolutely. But so was he. She deserved punishment, but I think murder because she "tried to kill him" is bullshit. If she "tried to kill him" then it can be as said as much that he "tried to commit suicide" (or at least was reckless with his own life and essentially got himself killed).

No, what people are defending here, would be like stabbing to death a drunk driver because he *might* have hit someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    You must not be living on the same planet as the rest of us. Murder is not only justifiable in many cases, its also perfectly acceptable in many cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    If someone attacks you with a lethal weapon do you go and hug them saying "Murder is NEVER justifiable" ? (not saying that this is the case in this topic but his claim was an overreaction).
    You might want to look up the definition of "murder".

Murder is never justifiable.
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2012-09-11 at 12:18 PM.

If someone knowingly handed you a loaded gun, and you shoot yourself, who is to blame? You both are, and killing someone else for something for which the blame also falls on you is cowardly.

^ this is wrong, he "thought" the gun was empty but she knew it was loaded. still doesn't make it right.
    and it's said his girlfriend, not a one night stand or a hooker so if you know eachoter for some time you probably would say something that important .. like "ey i'm a dude" "btw i got hiv" "my name was claus, now its kattie :P" you know the important things :P

@adamas102 never justifiable but still happens on a dayli basis with big or small excuses "we did need oil" "she cheated on me" "i was bored"
    self defense is someting diffrent, if someone points a gun at me i probably woudn't see 1 reason why i schoudn't kill him, since atleast in my world me>all
    Last edited by darkminaz; 2012-09-11 at 12:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    She should res at a nearby graveyard...

Couple things I want to add to this. First, I dont think I have seen it in the thread but if he was exposed he should go find a doctor. They will put him on an antiviral medication, same as any sexual assault victim. That along with what has already been pointed out regarding the risk of transmission and it would be highly unlikely to acquire HIV.

Second, so many people are responding with old outdated percerptions of HIV ->Aids. No one should think it is ok to transmit HIV. It isn't and is a serious assualt. However so many responses are "its a death sentence" or "eye for an eye" which are just uninformed.

That being said she should not have exposed him and she would have been subject, rightfully so, to the legal process. It is a serious assault but not worthy to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    on one side it's realy evil from the girl that clearly knows she has hiv (it's not deadly but it sucks to have..) and giving it to him.

on the other side murder is a bit to hard

but don't know if i would react in that situation, hitting her with a baseball bat probably won't be so good eighter. to a lot of people HIV is still like a death sentence (the adds don't realy help :P) and jup i know someone that has to live with it.

more important what do we learn from this story? don't burn the evidence .. burn the whole house :P
    We have no idea whether or not he has HIV!!!! Why are people assuming that he has HIV? Having sex with a person who has HIV doesn't instantly = HIV. He may not have even gotten the virus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Murder no...

Seriously pissed off and attempt to cut off all ties with said bitch. Yes.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Wish people would shut up with the whole "omg we dont know if he has the virus"

Tbh, killing her was a bit far, but for goodness sake, whether he has the virus or not, even the risk of contracting it and she didnt tell him is bad enough.

Didn't read story or comments, but you gotta have sex like 5,000 times as a hetero couple to transfer HIV.. If they did anal then the odds of getting HIV go way up for him.

Murder? Depends on circumstances I guess, and if he got it. Either way the court of law would likely punish him unless a jury of his peers felt sorry. His murder can be brought down to a heat-of-passion charge which can be as little as community service and zero jail time. At the end of it all, 99% chance this guy is now a felon that probably won't serve much time in jail if any.
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2012-09-11 at 12:27 PM.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    @adamas102 never justifiable but still happens on a dayli basis with big or small excuses "we did need oil" "she cheated on me" "i was bored"
    self defense is someting diffrent, if someone points a gun at me i probably woudn't see 1 reason why i schoudn't kill him, since atleast in my world me>all
    Well, yeah this isn't about the fact that people are killed all the time for various reasons. This is about whether this death was justified. The word "murder" is used specifically to refer to the deliberate killing of another human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Didn't read story or comments, but you gotta have sex like 5,000 times as a hetero couple to transfer HIV.. If they did anal then the odds of getting HIV go way up for him.

Murder? Depends on circumstances I guess, and if he got it. Either way the court of law would likely punish him unless a jury of his peers felt sorry. His murder can be brought down to a heat-of-passion charge which can be as little as community service and zero jail time. At the end of it all, 99% chance this guy is now a felon that probably won't serve much time in jail if any.
    Don't forget this is also in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Wish people would shut up with the whole "omg we dont know if he has the virus"

Tbh, killing her was a bit far, but for goodness sake, whether he has the virus or not, even the risk of contracting it and she didnt tell him is bad enough.
    Well if people would stop speaking from the position of "She gave him HIV"maybe we wouldn't point out:

A) we have no clue whether or not he has a the virus
    B) The chances of him getting HIV are probably higher after he was informed as he then decided to stab her to death.

I wish people would shut up about him having HIV when it's unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Don't forget this is also in Texas.
    True, but this is a bit different from finding a man molesting your 4 year old daughter and beating him to death on the spot with your fists.

Given the facts, I have a feeling that even here in Texas this guy will get off that easy.

I am seriously scared to see more than four hundred people here would kill someone over this matter.
    You don't want to get HIV ? Then don't have unprotected sex.

In my opinion, when she opted to engage in unprotected sex with the man after finding out she had HIV? She took her life into her own hands. Regardless of her motivations, she knowingly did what she did. If I were the guy in this case and I KNEW someone had made the decision to put my life at risk for ANY reason? I'm not entirely sure I could say I would give that persons life any value since they clearly felt none for my own. So in short? While it may not be the morally upright thing to do? I really cannot blame him. Yes, I know, 'murder is never justifiable' 'a life is a life' 'liberal rabble'. This is merely my opinion and I'm not saying its right or wrong, what I'm saying is to me? I feel she got what she deserved.