Star Citizen views on Twitch: 1.2k
    Get Hype!

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Give them a break, it's been a rough week
    Tell me about it, haven't been able to sleep since yet another "Soon™, still polishing", it really broke me.

How about you? That F5 key still holding? Got to keep poking it man, it could get 4,000 viewers again at any moment now! Got to keep that hype up, or papa Chris won't let you ride his new shiny long boat!
    Ahahahaha!

The guy creating an NFT game says star Citizen demo is amazing. Everyone get 6 copies an an Idris quick!

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    MMOs keep players playing and generating money, giving new content, that is what a superior game is, not a dead single player that no one players after a few months.
    GOOD MMOs keep player's playing. You only need to look at the literal pile of dead MMOs that have come and gone over the years to understand that "MMO = Developer Money Hats" is a fucking moronic take on the genre. For every highly successful MMO, there are 2 that are still active, in maintenance mode, barely alive, and a half dozen more that just straight up died.

Star Citizen is not a Good MMO. Hell, it's barely even passable as a multiplayer game at this point. I give even odds that even if it does "officially" claim to have launched at some point in the future, it will probably be lucky to manage to beat EvE's historicals in terms of active users or dedicated playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    DrDisrespect Reacts!
    Hey, that's not Asmongold. Do we not like his takes anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Is it just me, or does this DrDisrespect reaction reek of shill buzzwords? It just doesn't feel like something an actual human would say. It feels like something you'd say if you were pretending to be one of these people. Or being paid.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Is it just me, or does this DrDisrespect reaction reek of shill buzzwords? It just doesn't feel like something an actual human would say. It feels like something you'd say if you were pretending to be one of these people. Or being paid.
    He's a YouTuber. That's exactly what they are. It's a business. True for EVERY youtuber, especially the ones you like.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    In what universe does an games have to last thousands of hours? What's wrong with a game laying anywhere between 5 and 150 hours? I'd take my 130 hours in one playthrough of RDR2 than 5000 hours in a pointless MMO. Hell, most games that last over 20 hours are too long for me because there are so many good games and so few hours in a year to play them. I don't understand your obsession of games lasting forever any more than you understand some people wanting to play me than one game.

some games have insanely rewarding replay value,i have over 2500 hours in grim dawn,there are 10 base classes,and you combine them,so actualy 55 total combinations,and thausands upon thausands of different items to support all of them in different ways,but ofc nothing is forcing you to do this,you can level just one char max it out (its not bullshit poe or diablo infinite),or you can play like i do and make all of em

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    some games have insanely rewarding replay value,i have over 2500 hours in grim dawn,there are 10 base classes,and you combine them,so actualy 55 total combinations,and thausands upon thausands of different items to support all of them in different ways,but ofc nothing is forcing you to do this,you can level just one char max it out (its not bullshit poe or diablo infinite),or you can play like i do and make all of em
    I just hate this whole multiplayer-games-a-service mentality that has been going around for years, where game sucks if it doesn't last 2000 hours for you. Fuck that. I'll take great 5 hour singleplayer experience over 1000 hours of grinding and farming and doing the same stuff over and over again. WoW is the only game I've managed to play that long and even WoW I can't play a lot anymore, even 1 month sub I don't really use properly anymore (not because the game sucks, just because I've played it since 2005).

- - - Updated - - -

99% of reaction videos are just for the views. It has nothing to do with how excited or interested they actually are.

A real demonstration of actual, unfiltered, riveting and silky smooth SC gameplay. Including ships disappearing after taking a shit. 40 minutes, all worth it.

Asmongold and Dr D would be proud.

Last edited by Cloverfield; 2023-10-31 at 12:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    holy shit. Squadron 42 trailer looks amazing
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    A real demonstration of actual, unfiltered, riveting and silky smooth SC gameplay.
    Now you just upset Anderson...

If you can't handle an alpha build don't test it! Some of us appreciate the opportunity we've been given. They are still hard at work developing the tools for development then the content and polish will come in exponentially. If you understood anything that they are attempting, and actually succeeding, you wouldn't make propaganda hit piece videos like this!
    Uncut gameplay = hit piece videos, but heavily edited shit in the presentations to boost sales is ok

God if S42 is anything like SC right now when/if it comes out...
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Now you just upset Anderson...
    Uncut gameplay = hit piece videos, but heavily edited shit in the presentations to boost sales is ok
    That is your basic SC shill in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So your saying this entire thing started as a scam?

Because we have talked about the kickstarter starting as a single player game and being voted by a 'majority' into becoming an MMO later. So if the singleplayer couldn't exist without the MMO and the MMO wasn't there for the start then the entire kickstarter was just a scam.

And the notion that there was not enough money for SQ42 when the kickstarter blew way past its goals before the vote to add an MMO is just *chefs kiss*
    It was never solely a single player only game in the kickstarter there was always going to be an option for multiplayer, it developed into an MMO because the interest was there for it, the MMO part is what generates most of the backing for the project so without that it would be unlikely to even get the basic version developed in the first place at least not to the level of what we are getting now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    snip.
    ED has lots of nothing to do, one planet in star citizen however has more content than all of what elite dangerous has to offer combined, plus ED planets look plain average while SC planets look amazing with plenty of different options for gameplay.

ED is just an average space game that passes a small amount of time, SC is the space game to take the rest of your time.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

ED has lots of nothing to do, one planet in star citizen however has more content than all of what elite dangerous has to offer combined, plus ED planets look plain average while SC planets look amazing with plenty of different options for gameplay.

ED is just an average space game that passes a small amount of time, SC is the space game to take the rest of your time.
    Once it finally releases in 2050.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    A real demonstration of actual, unfiltered, riveting and silky smooth SC gameplay. Including ships disappearing after taking a shit. 40 minutes, all worth it.

Asmongold and Dr D would be proud.

Holy shit, not only are the bugs hilarious, but it also looks like Second Life in 2011 or sth. Plop!
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2023-10-31 at 09:42 PM.

It was never solely a single player only game in the kickstarter there was always going to be an option for multiplayer, it developed into an MMO because the interest was there for it, the MMO part is what generates most of the backing for the project so without that it would be unlikely to even get the basic version developed in the first place at least not to the level of what we are getting now.

- - - Updated - - -

What do SC planets have in terms of content that ED planets do not? Be specific, please.

What do SC planets have in terms of content that ED planets do not? Be specific, please.
    I am pretty sure SC must have planetary surface mission content like this, has to, right?:

10+ Year Old Account
    I can already tell the answer, without knowing the difference myself:

It's not what SC has, but what it will have. Because that's always the answer. The game is never in any way, shape or form, bad. The fixes and the changes to literally everything are just around the corner.

So you should definitely buy an Idris. Two, if you are smart with your money.
    Last edited by Santti; 2023-10-31 at 09:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    holy shit. Squadron 42 trailer looks amazing
    Stop getting hyped for vapourware mate

Mak'gora Tournament + Pyro build Release. Fun Night

Last edited by MrAnderson; 2023-10-31 at 10:09 PM.