10+ Year Old Account
    like out of a movie:

i know what i am going to try and find later on tonight.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Thargoids only provide basic gameplay, if you cant interact with them other that simply destroying the ships its not really that interesting gameplay is it.
    Have you fought any thargoids solo? Do you consider the skill requirement to do so basic? If all you could do is shoot them and it was very simplistic then yes, it would be basic, but if they provide the hardest combat in the game then no, it is not basic. If the approach of thargoids opens up additional avenues of gameplay - research, retrieval, repair, search and rescue then it is not basic imo.
    If there is a vanduul that asks you to fetch 10 bear butts or to retrieve a crate, does that make vanduuls more interesting, more engaging? I do not think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post

This game is starting to feel like fuckin schrodinger’s cat at this point, it’s both released and not released, depending on the convenience of it.
    Pretty much.

Last of Us Part II is not released and we can't play it. Star Citizen is not released but we can play it. It's just semantics at this point, release in the case of Star Citizen simply means CIG reset player progress for one final time.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    like out of a movie:

i know what i am going to try and find later on tonight.
    It looks very scenic, I just wish there was more to do.

The obvious solution is to think up a bunch of stuff that ED could potentially have by 2040 when SC may have released and then argue based on that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Just when I thought you couldn't double down any further... No dude you are comparing what a game that has launched HAS to what a game that has stuff coming at some point. You do realize that during development things can change right? Many features never happen due to a myriad of reasons. Until that shit is IN GAME it is just wishful thinking. You are being willfully ignorant at this point doing anything you can to defend SC while putting on blinders.

- - - Updated - - -

You do know what good faith means right? Because what you are describing is NOT good faith. You talk about what games have NOW. If you want to discuss what the games COULD have in the future that is a different subject and not what we've been talking about for pages now. Good fucking grief.
    So its wishful thinking that the vanduul are going to be in the game is it, considering they are the main focus in SQ 42 saying they are irrelevant makes you look like an idiot, its is 100% fact the vanduul are ingame with multiple ships as we can see the many ships they are creating for SQ 42, its just like saying the next expansion of WoW is irrelevant because its not launched so non of its features are relevant at all.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster0 View Post
    Have you fought any thargoids solo? Do you consider the skill requirement to do so basic? If all you could do is shoot them and it was very simplistic then yes, it would be basic, but if they provide the hardest combat in the game then no, it is not basic. If the approach of thargoids opens up additional avenues of gameplay - research, retrieval, repair, search and rescue then it is not basic imo.
    If there is a vanduul that asks you to fetch 10 bear butts or to retrieve a crate, does that make vanduuls more interesting, more engaging? I do not think so.
    skill is not even a factor in ED its just too simple, its just how powerful your ship is.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-12-27 at 10:53 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Ill admit I was always ultimately disappointed with the lack of impact in elite, I got it on release and back then it was as wide an ocean but as thin as a piece of paper. I progressed to an asp, fixed it so it could jump 30ly per jump (small engines, no guns, big frameshift drive) and went alllll the way to Sag A*, took hours of jumping, fly round star, jump fly round star jump jump jump, hours and hours of that i'd estimate it took over 8hrs and over 1000 jumps. I tagged a lot of shit a long the way, albeit this was before horizons. ultimately logged off in the core and stopped playing for ages more than 6 months. finally played it again when that station ship was travelling across the galaxy it was somewhere over the left side of the galaxy if you were to zoom out and orientate it so that sol is south. when i got to it i was selling pages of data for maybe 30 minutes, sell all sell all sell all sell all. for maybe a good 30 mins. I was happy to tag a couple of neutrons and a black hole I think i got a first discovery on. I think the only thing i didn't find was an earthlike orbiting a gas giant, i think i was starting to accept that such a thing doesn't exist that the star forge never came up with any scenarios where that was possible, I thought it would have made a good screenshot, seeing as the game was mostly a screenshot generator at least back then. I remember when that was because it was during a time when the conflict zones were bugged and ppl were making billions. I was trying to get back to known space to join in on the free anaconda money. unfortunately I burned out again before making it back.

I think for me ED just felt bland and repetitive, before ED the best space sim I had played was likely X3 modded to the balls XRM, pirates guild, claim sectors, salvage mod, bounty mod, alsorts of mods, and elite just kinda felt like a more blander version of that game, better graphics, but barely any features, it had a bigger universe, but one where impact was pretty much zero. I hated that the game has a background dungeon master that determines how the game progresses, and i hated how the economy was superficial, take items from one void, deposit into another void, repeat.

star citizen currently has this problem, the box delivery missions just feel empty and unimpactful, take small box from one void, deposit into another void, repeat. nothing comes of it, nothing progresses, its just taking items from one void and throwing them into another void. and it feels exactly like that is what is happening.

if i wanted to play a game with a decent economy i'd rather play eve online at least the supply and demand is REAL and has some baring on the actual game if my goal was to play as a trader i'd rather play a game where my actions have some meaning, but I think SC has a chance of one day being the game that tops eve assuming it all works out it could be a game that actually competes with that niche. but we'll see.

I have an avenger titan but I don't play that much mainly because the game just isn't really a game yet. but I think it has the potential to have a lot more dynamic and impact than whats possible in elite. elite just seems like its stuck to being too much like the game it used to be rather than being something more. for all the grinding, progress just felt pointless I never felt like I was going anywhere, i never felt like I need ships to perform certain tasks or upgrade to other ships for certain reasons, it all just felt arbitrary to me. its amazing to have that feeling of not going anywhere in a game where you can go across the galaxy. how they managed to make a game that boring I have no idea.

perhaps frontier will eventually do something interesting with elite, I think it could eventually end up with a similar feature set to SC. I know they wanted to do walking in ships and even boarding. who knows when that'll happen though. I think SC is likely going to become a more playable game before elite becomes anything more than a grind that goes nowhere. to me ED is a perfect example of a sandbox with no sand. it doesn't have much player features beyond shooting, scanning and mining things, and it doesn't have an interesting economy that you can be invested in, it updates like once a day not in real time, or at least it didn't when i played it last. everything just feels so structured and deliberate or rigid. theres no using game mechanics to do interesting things. or just that fact that you're stuck in a ship forever never really branching into anything other than flying ships. it never seemed to become anything more than what it is in the first 10hrs of playing. play the game for 10 hrs and thats the game, on repeat.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2019-12-28 at 12:43 AM.

So its wishful thinking that the vanduul are going to be in the game is it, considering they are the main focus in SQ 42 saying they are irrelevant makes you look like an idiot, its is 100% fact the vanduul are ingame with multiple ships as we can see the many ships they are creating for SQ 42, its just like saying the next expansion of WoW is irrelevant because its not launched so non of its features are relevant at all.
    Seeing that there are a number of features that WoW and its expansions were noted to have, but we never actually got, yeah, its kind of like that. Until the game has launched, you can't say that it will have X or Y, because things change.

Right now you're comparing seeds to a sapling, and saying "these seeds are a better tree."

Ahhh hahahah you picked WoW, PERFECT fucking example. How many times have they announced features for WoW and we've seen them either not happen, get changed or get massively delayed. Never right? Dude you are counting chickens before they've hatched. Do you think SC is going to release with everything they've promised over the years? Mmmhmm. Sure.

Just remember though, I'm the one that looks like the idiot here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Seeing that there are a number of features that WoW and its expansions were noted to have, but we never actually got, yeah, its kind of like that. Until the game has launched, you can't say that it will have X or Y, because things change.

Right now you're comparing seeds to a sapling, and saying "these seeds are a better tree."
    Exactly. I can't believe that he's doubling down on this and refusing to let it go.

skill is not even a factor in ED its just too simple, its just how powerful your ship is.
    And if anyone needs more proof that this guy is just trolling....

Last edited by 1001; 2019-12-28 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Ahhh hahahah you picked WoW, PERFECT fucking example. How many times have they announced features for WoW and we've seen them either not happen, get changed or get massively delayed. Never right? Dude you are counting chickens before they've hatched. Do you think SC is going to release with everything they've promised over the years? Mmmhmm. Sure.

Just remember though, I'm the one that looks like the idiot here.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. I can't believe that he's doubling down on this and refusing to let it go.
    im not even talking about potential features that may or may not be ingame, im pointing to something that is going to be a major part of the game.

100% fact is vanduul is part of SC, with npcs, various ships/structures.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post

i have not even mentioned potential things that could be ingame, im pointing to core features that will be part of the game, we can say for 100% that the vanduul are a part of SC as the whole SQ 42 would be pretty pointless wouldnt it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    And if anyone needs more proof that this guy is just trolling....
    its not skill at all, you just go into battle with a ship that is equipped enough and run away if your going to die, skill would be being able to avoid enough damage so your shields have time to recharge while doing damage to your target, and in a group skill is even less involved.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2019-12-28 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    like out of a movie:
    It is as interactive as a movie as well.

its not skill at all, you just go into battle with a ship that is equipped enough and run away if your going to die, skill would be being able to avoid enough damage so your shields have time to recharge while doing damage to your target, and in a group skill is even less involved.
    Yeah why am I not surprised to see you continue posting your bullshit?

You said there is no skill just how much damage your ship does. So I linked a video showing the damage from 20 player's ships is not sufficient.
    The reason people leave/return in a group fight is to remove the caustic effect that eats away at your hull. Doing that is not viable in a solo fight which is why it requires skill. Capiche?

Maybe one day you'll get skill based fights in SC if you are lucky.
    Last edited by 1001; 2019-12-28 at 05:43 PM.

You said there is no skill just how much damage your ship does. So I linked a video showing the damage from 20 player's ships is not sufficient.
    The reason people leave/return in a group fight is to remove the caustic effect that eats away at your hull. Doing that is not viable in a solo fight which is why it requires skill. Capiche?

According to you if a ship has lots of HP that means it requires more skill to defeat, its just a fight to force players to group up, there will always be a ship you wont be able to beat on your own and skill has nothing to do with it. If you think it requires skill then you must be playing some pretty easy games.

Have you even played the current version of SC, in arena commander or even fighting in the PU, the combat to both games is fairly similar although the small ships in SC are much harder to hit than anything in ED.

According to you if a ship has lots of HP that means it requires more skill to defeat, its just a fight to force players to group up, there will always be a ship you wont be able to beat on your own and skill has nothing to do with it. If you think it requires skill then you must be playing some pretty easy games.
    No that is not according to me, that is something you are making up. I said that you have to avoid their damage especially if you are doing the fight solo. That's where the skill lies.

Have you even played the current version of SC, in arena commander or even fighting in the PU, the combat to both games is fairly similar although the small ships in SC are much harder to hit than anything in ED.
    This had me laughing out loud. Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    All this talk about ED just made me pick up Commander Deluxe Edition from steam for 9,99€
    Try playing with a HOTAS and VR if you can, you won't be disappointed.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

... There was no skill displayed in the video. No special flying. no dodging. Just chasing and trying to load it full of bullets. Just because it has high health and takes a lot of fire doesn't mean it takes skill to kill it. It literally only takes time.

Hell the first death was from someone ramming another person.... not from the thargoid or whatever.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    ... There was no skill displayed in the video. No special flying. no dodging. Just chasing and trying to load it full of bullets. Just because it has high health and takes a lot of fire doesn't mean it takes skill to kill it. It literally only takes time.

Hell the first death was from someone ramming another person.... not from the thargoid or whatever.
    Did you even read the post you are replying to?

The point of linking that video was not to show skill but to show that ship damage is not the only important thing in the game, which is what the other guy claimed. If a person can solo these npcs but 20 people are struggling....
    Last edited by 1001; 2019-12-29 at 06:43 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you even read the post you are replying to?

The point of linking that video was not to show skill but to show that ship damage is not the only important thing in the game, which is what the other guy claimed. If a person can solo these npcs but 20 people are struggling....
    By showing a video of people in big powerful ships with no skill trying to kill something? They were struggling cause it was new content and how to kill them wasn't discovered/well known yet. There are now new weapons you can get that do more damage to them than normal weapons.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    By showing a video of people in big powerful ships with no skill trying to kill something? They were struggling cause it was new content and how to kill them wasn't discovered/well known yet. There are now new weapons you can get that do more damage to them than normal weapons.
    But none of that should matter if ship damage is the only thing that is important, as the other guy claimed.

You're absolutely right that there are new weapons which do better damage to this type of npc as well as modules to help protect your ship against the caustic effects.
    Last edited by 1001; 2019-12-29 at 07:07 AM.