Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post

It's not just about graphical fidelity but also, the range of freedom in actions that ties directly into immersion and are not subjective.
    If you have the greatest graphics in a space game but then your pilot can't exit the ship and walk around or you're not allowed to land on the "nice" planets you get a break in the immersion. Not just a Muh gfx flex but a Muh Gameplay flex.

Yes it is subjective. For instance, i dont care about it. See? Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Not sure why you bring up the 500 (CIG blatantly failed in acquiring those devs), as no amount of devs could save Chris' repeated estimations year after year. They were always lies in order to dangle the stick in front of the backers and boost funding.
    ------
    Community has been on fire again due to the most recent roadmap updates. I've been enjoying them week after week ever since salvage was removed(again).

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/s...uary-24th-2020

Look at all those removals. Yikes!

CIG's biggest problem has always been delivering, they were only always good at talking. They've ran out of stuff to talk about now and have to deliver. Problem is, they can't, mostly because of Chris and his project mismanagement. The guy should never have been in front of this project.
    CIG blatantly failed in acquiring those devs

They keep hiring and expanding their workforce so they're clearly being able to hire dev's.

Having positions open is the norm in the industry, as a dev /doubt/ you should know that.
    From big to medium to small studios, do the exercise, google the name of the company + jobs and see for yourself.

https://www.rockstargames.com/careers/openings
    https://careers.blizzard.com/pt-pt/openings
    https://careers.frontier.co.uk/e/careers/search/new
    http://www.hellogames.org/jobs/
    https://crowfall.com/fr-FR/jobs

Seems like you're licking your wounds after the Lawsuit news by grasping at straws to justify the negativity...
    Like Pretending roadmap changes are uncommon when developing big scale video-games is just another secondary effect from just that.
    CIG has had so many problems delivering that they keep growing every year. 2018 was their best year before 2019 and 2020 is already on course to beat last year.

Whatever helps haters sleep at night.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-01-28 at 01:59 PM.

Still licking your wounds after the Lawsuit news I see. Like pretending roadmap changes are uncommon when developing big scale video-games.
    CIG has had so many problems delivering that they keep growing every year. 2018 was their best year before 2019 and 2020 is already on course to beat last year.
    Another one of those "factual" opinions?

They keep hiring and expanding their workforce so they're clearly being able to hire dev's.

Having positions open is the norm in the industry, as a dev /doubt/ you should know that.
    From big to medium to small studios, do the exercise, google the name of the company + jobs and see for yourself.

Seems like you're licking your wounds after the Lawsuit news by grasping at straws to justify the negativity...
    Like Pretending roadmap changes are uncommon when developing big scale video-games is just another secondary effect from just that.

They did fail to aquire THOSE devs, because the entire argument was that they'd be able to get things out "quicker"(lol). I can't believe you're actually trying to argue that they've grown and therefore they've acquired those devs. Lmao. It didn't happen, and you bought the lies outright probably because you don't know better.

Funding != Game progress. If it wasn't for the private investor, the dream would already be over. If funding meant anything about the success of the project, Star Citizen would have been one of the best games ever. Hint: It isn't, and with the direction things are going now, it won't be.

If SQ42 fails, SC fails as well. And you can expect a much larger uproar than what we are getting on spectrum now. SQ42 is a parasite that is eating away all the funds and people are NOT happy about this.

Are you even a developer? I think you're just an emotional gamer who refuse to see the facts, whereas some of us have actual perspective

I think the point was that even with all of the hiring, development is not going any faster and based on that post seems to be slowing down as they're having to move or remove features to make whatever timeline they're working to now.

So they didn't hire THOSE devs that could make things faster, as Chris initially implied....they clearly hired devs, just not the right ones apparently or they did and the direction they're getting is not so great, hence the delays and moving and removing of features. Take your pick.

Considering that no other space game is as advanced and has all the features Star Citizen already has along with the playerbase and financial increase across the years I'd say that what they've developed is faster than anyone else. They have features already online that other dev's are still dreaming about.

They were able to hire the original Cryengine dev's and open a studio just for them in Germany - Frankfurt. A game, with the upgraded scale and complexity since the revamp can't be made any faster by anyone else. You see any other game alike Star Citizen? That's right, if it was easy some other company would have done it by now and the haters wouldn't feel the need to be envious about Star Citizen.

Haters are just bored because they have nothing else to play and are too entrenched into hating Star Citizen do enjoy what it already has to play, which is bigger than anything else on the market.

Deal with it!
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-01-28 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that no other space game is as advanced and has all the features Star Citizen already has along with the playerbase and financial increase across the years I'd say that what they've developed is faster than anyone else. They have features already online that other dev's are still dreaming about.

They were able to hire the original Cryengine dev's and open a studio just for them in Germany - Frankfurt. A game, with the upgraded scale and complexity since the revamp can't be made any faster by anyone else. You see any other game alike Star Citizen? That's right, if it was easy some other company would have done it by now and the haters wouldn't feel the need to be envious about Star Citizen.

Haters are just bored because they have nothing else to play and are too entrenched into hating Star Citizen do enjoy what it already has to play, which is bigger than anything else on the market.

Deal with it!
    For x-4 foundation most people are streaming only beta right now, while people are waiting for Split faction patch. Its still pretty high on a list for a german game.

Game played online would be a more interesting thing tho, since stream raitings are generaly fixed with paid influencers. And i bet a lot of them are trashing the game iself, since its easier to get subs that way.
    SC also wastes a lot of money on adds (and they spam videos pretty much), wich fixes the numbers unlike other space games.
    Also how come that everspace is so low... you would kinda expect a higher number.

Fortunately Star Citizen game systems are broad, deep and it's planetoids so detailed and immersive that the game is not hostage to the quantity of them.
    This is one of the most absurd comments I have read in some time. Only a total kool-aid swilling sycophantic fanboi could come up with such bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    This is one of the most absurd comments I have read in some time. Only a total kool-aid swilling sycophantic fanboi could come up with such bullshit.
    Sorry if not all games can aim for that inch deep mile wide design. Better stick to Hutton Orbital then.

Sorry if not all games can aim for that inch deep mile wide design. Better stick to Hutton Orbital then.
    From an outside perspective, you really do come off as a fanatic.

From my perspective, Star Citizen seems like a barely cobbled together, buggy nightmare of a game. Maybe it won't be that someday, but for now? And, apparently, for the foreseeable future? It's really not that impressive.

It doesn't matter how cool something is on paper. It has to work.

Yeah, let's throw jibes at a game the poster isn't even playing, that'll work...

You're so wide of the mark it's like watching a blind person playing darts.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post

From my perspective, Star Citizen seems like a barely cobbled together, buggy nightmare of a game. Maybe it won't be that someday, but for now? And, apparently, for the foreseeable future? It's really not that impressive.

From my perspective, you come of as another gamer interested in Star Citizen enough to read the thread but because you're so out of the loop and have no real knowledge of the game that you resort to fantasy world for a failed attempt of being edgy .

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, let's throw jibes at a game the poster isn't even playing, that'll work...

You're so wide of the mark it's like watching a blind person playing darts.
    You're old posts all hyped up for Elite while bashing Star Citizen were endearing but even if you lost hope for Elite it still lovely that you keep caring so much for Star Citizen.

Too bas that it's mostly negativity, almost like you blame Star Citizen for not letting Elite be all you hoped for.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-01-29 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post

You're 100% right and you have a sound mind. There's nothing groundbreaking about Star Citizen apart from the scope. When you look at actual implemented gameplay, the game is a joke, so much so that barely anyone bothers to play. Yet people play it off as it even has a proven gameplay model. It's all a fantasy.

Bottom line is, people spent way too much money on this game that they're trapped. Sunk cost fallacy. It's a very real thing.

You're old posts all hyped up for Elite while bashing Star Citizen were endearing but even if you lost hope for Elite it still lovely that you keep caring so much for Star Citizen.

Too bas that it's mostly negativity, almost like you blame Star Citizen for not letting Elite be all you hoped for.
    Stop talking out of your ass.

The only reason you bring up Elite is because you're butthurt and have to lash out like some kindergartener. So fragile...

Stop talking out of your ass.

The only reason you bring up Elite is because you're butthurt and have to lash out like some kindergartener. So fragile...
    Not my fault you dont remember your own posting.

Ya'll just seem so buthurt that Star Citizen is aready the most popular space game despite still being in alpha.

That's basicaly where all that hate comes from. Kinda tormented to say the least.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-01-29 at 05:47 PM.

Not my fault you dont remember your own posting.

Ya'll just seem so buthurt that Star Citizen is aready the most popular space game despite still being in alpha.

That's basicaly where all that hate comes from. Kinda tormented to say the least.
    Uh huh, spamming Elite all over the forums, you got me...

What your chart ignores is all the years where SC was not doing so well and other games were. Now that it's changed you're holding it up like proof

Rather than focus on people watching and not playing, perhaps you should focus on people who are playing rather than watching, concurrency for example. That's a more important metric for people playing the game. Wasn't the constant concurrency something like 1300 ppl per hour over a 10 month period, absolutely dismal....

What? Star Citizen has been incremently doing well has it becomes more playable and more systems were added.

It's been the natural evolution of a game being made and evolving as it gets more updates it's only natural that by providing a better experience that more gamers want to play it.

That chart clearly shows the number of channels as in number of players streaming the game.

You can go right now count the number of people playing/streaming Star Citizen and compare with those other games. I doubt any of those has more people play/streaming it.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2020-01-29 at 07:06 PM.

What? Star Citizen has been incremently doing well has it becomes more playable and more systems were added.

It's been the natural evolution of a game being made and evolving as it gets more updates it's only natural that by providing a better experience that more gamers want to play it.

That chart clearly shows the number of channels as in number of players streaming the game.

You can go right now count the number of people playing/streaming Star Citizen and compare with those other games. I doubt any of those has more people play/streaming it.
    More systems? It still only has 1 system.

I'd be more interested in the actual player numbers as opposed to streamer numbers, the former is far more useful.

10+ Year Old Account

I'd be more interested in the actual player numbers as opposed to streamer numbers, the former is far more useful.
    I do aggree with that. They could be inflated by bots.
    If the game was on early on steam or some similar place that shows player numbers, it would be a much more accurate information.

Gameplay systems. Space systems dont = more players. Or else NoManSky would be the most played game ever.

How can streamers be inflated by bots?
    These are people playing the game live and interacting with people in chat...