Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    from the 3rd part class review http://eu.battle.net//wow/en/blog/7520077
    NOTHING about Resto Shaman? NOTHING? Are Blizzard REALLY THAT stupid? How can they think Resto Shaman is fine? We are good in PvP, fine, I get it, but God look at us in PvE. We are really suffering and Blizz thinks we are fine? Fucking insane. Are they really that afraid if they buff us it will make us really strong in PvP? If that's the case then why aren't they buffing spells that have no use in PvP like HR, CH and SLT? Ridiculous. Looks like I need to make MASSIVE post on Blizz forums. But I guess they won't even reply cause Resto Shamans are fine >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

"We threw 'em some bandaids and we're callin' it good!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Nice What are your thoughts on the talents this tier? Specifically asking about T4 and T6 talents.
    Thanks. Im still running with the same spec I had before the patch... EotE/EB. But I reforged to mostly mastery now, since I bought the new faction 522 trinket with passive int and 8800 haste proc. Seems to be working quite well. And I think I will stay in that spec and reforging situation since its the best imo with the legendary meta gem.

I will test out the new PE definitely. But it's just too dependant on fights where it can stay 100% on a target, preferably cleaving/aoeing. Otherwise I guess EB is better. But I haven't tried out myself to really be sure.

One thing I have noticed tho.. that ascendence is nice, BUT its not that huge of a dps increase like it used to be. Also my LBs are hitting HARDER than LvB at the moment (think this will balance with the T14 2set gone). Had a 260k lightning bolt on tortos yesterday, while my LvBs are hitting just under 250k.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    NOTHING about Resto Shaman? NOTHING? Are Blizzard REALLY THAT stupid? How can they think Resto Shaman is fine? We are good in PvP, fine, I get it, but God look at us in PvE. We are really suffering and Blizz thinks we are fine? Fucking insane. Are they really that afraid if they buff us it will make us really strong in PvP? If that's the case then why aren't they buffing spells that have no use in PvP like HR, CH and SLT? Ridiculous. Looks like I need to make MASSIVE post on Blizz forums. But I guess they won't even reply cause Resto Shamans are fine >.>
    And now the playerbase have pretty much stated it as a fact that Resto shamans are completely broken. Blizzard still doesn't even say a word about shamans. Just like they didn't do in 5.2 PTR or 5.0 BETA. I just can't understand Blizzard at all. Every patch note, every blue post have comments/changes on all other classes except shaman, and especially resto shamans.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ele and enhance will still die in a silence, good thing they made sure our mana won't run out !
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by suffeli View Post
    And now the playerbase have pretty much stated it as a fact that Resto shamans are completely broken. Blizzard still doesn't even say a word about shamans. Just like they didn't do in 5.2 PTR or 5.0 BETA. I just can't understand Blizzard at all. Every patch note, every blue post have comments/changes on all other classes except shaman, and especially resto shamans.
    Well at least now we are where resto was for 90% of time: by far the worst healer. Feels like coming home again!

Raidbots shows resto 10-20% behind ALL other healers now. Before, at least druids were pretty close.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Depends on what you're looking for; http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/15/default/

That's really preliminary data at this point. Enhancement is just below the median, Elemental's a bit further behind, but not as far as they were; they've caught up a fair bit relative to other specs. That puts Elemental pretty much where I expected; we've caught up, but still a bit behind the average. That's not necessarily "too low", though we're probably due another small buff at some point.

That's really preliminary 25-N data, though, since (H) data doesn't exist, and I don't put much credence in it. I think it shows that Elemental is better, though perhaps not where we'd hope.
    It's simply 5.1 encounters repeating + buffs/nerfs. We see that multidotting shadows + competitive single target dps = 10-15% ahead of elemental. We see that affli is still nearly 20% ahead.

At least for now, they are closer to the weak melees like enhancer. And mages totally underperform - because of their insane scaling.

The change to stone bulwark totem and the addition of shamanistic rage are definitely a plus for elemental.

Pre 5.2 ele was nearly "healer has to sit on you" when you were the target of X effect. Now, it's a lot more in line with other classes ability to survive shit.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Deleted
    Resto is geting depressing in 10 men. Chain heal is geting way depressing and needs a serious look into.

Sugestion:

Unleash Elements (earthliving) => Increases chain heal range, Heal and haste by 50% for the next 3 casts. (yes chain heal is THAT depressing atm).

Would make the AOE rotation alternating between healing rain and chain heal.

I'm realy tired of seeing Chain heal as a "situational spell to ocasionaly press".

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if you're not happy about the Elemental buffs nothing is going to satisfy you. Elemental got buffed across the board, and is probably one of the most enjoyable casters in the current patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Honestly, if you're not happy about the Elemental buffs nothing is going to satisfy you. Elemental got buffed across the board, and is probably one of the most enjoyable casters in the current patch.
    I have to agree with everything you said apart from the last part of the sentence - we seem to be forced into PE on lot encounters which makes elemental shaman boring as hell - I know EB with its long CD isnt great but it is at last something else to press. I always feel empty with PE talent and thats it :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoptam View Post
    I have to agree with everything you said apart from the last part of the sentence - we seem to be forced into PE on lot encounters which makes elemental shaman boring as hell - I know EB with its long CD isnt great but it is at last something else to press. I always feel empty with PE talent and thats it :-(
    First, that's an opinion. PE does not "make shaman boring as hell." You may feel bored while using it, but that doesn't magically hold true for every other shaman in the game. Second, you aren't "forced" into PE this tier any more than I was "forced" into EB last tier. I didn't spec EB for a single fight last tier. I used PE the entire time and ranked plenty. You can do the same with EB this tier. The difference between the two is not so incredibly large that EB is suddenly useless and automatically skipped. If you want to play EB, fucking play EB. If you're a skilled player in a good guild, you'll rank no matter which talents you take.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Wow Elemental got buffed. Maybe it is time to play WoW again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    First, that's an opinion. PE does not "make shaman boring as hell." You may feel bored while using it, but that doesn't magically hold true for every other shaman in the game. Second, you aren't "forced" into PE this tier any more than I was "forced" into EB last tier. I didn't spec EB for a single fight last tier. I used PE the entire time and ranked plenty. You can do the same with EB this tier. The difference between the two is not so incredibly large that EB is suddenly useless and automatically skipped. If you want to play EB, fucking play EB. If you're a skilled player in a good guild, you'll rank no matter which talents you take.
    you are right its an opinion but its my opinion. I didnt ment PE is boring talent but in the end you loose button to press and thats it. I didnt want to offend anyone just to state my thoughts :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm kind of at a loss for how people react to rankings from different sources. Was watching Eruionmel the first day and it looked like fun but I feel like fun doesn't matter anymore because everyone is so obsessed with the numbers. I'm feeling like players just need to get past what the dps rankings say because if you killed the boss you did just fine.

Obviously, this isn't just an ele shaman thing, every spec does it, but this is how I see players react,

Elemental Shaman: "Woo! First week and we killed all the bosses! Yay!"
    Raidbots: "elemental shaman ranks 15th in overall dps"
    Elemental Shaman: "We suck!"
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    I'm kind of at a loss for how people react to rankings from different sources. Was watching Eruionmel the first day and it looked like fun but I feel like fun doesn't matter anymore because everyone is so obsessed with the numbers. I'm feeling like players just need to get past what the dps rankings say because if you killed the boss you did just fine.

Obviously, this isn't just an ele shaman thing, every spec does it, but this is how I see players react,

Elemental Shaman: "Woo! First week and we killed all the bosses! Yay!"
    Raidbots: "elemental shaman ranks 15th in overall dps"
    Elemental Shaman: "We suck!"
    I feel like people like you should stop telling others how to feel. If someone is by default 10% weaker and cant catch up to others, because they are of about equal skill and finds it not fun, then who the hell are you to tell him otherwise.

I mean, killing all the bosses is a group effort, so fuck yeah, celebrate. But then you look at how you personally did, and realize the rest of the dps carried you, and of course you get depressed.

Everyone wants to pull their fair share, no one wants to feel like they're the one being carried by the rest of the group. When people bitch about rankings from completely skewed fights is when it gets annoying, ie Combat Rogues on Garalon.

Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    Was watching Eruionmel the first day and it looked like fun but I feel like fun doesn't matter anymore because everyone is so obsessed with the numbers. I'm feeling like players just need to get past what the dps rankings say because if you killed the boss you did just fine.
    Generally those of us your watching are in progression guilds and you have to be obsessed with numbers because that's the only way to get the max out of your toon. If you can't pull the numbers required you get sat or replaced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post

I can't really agree with this. CH is just plain shitty I agree, and using it doesn't feel fun, but we have some of the most solid CDs in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid1 View Post
    Generally those of us your watching are in progression guilds and you have to be obsessed with numbers because that's the only way to get the max out of your toon. If you can't pull the numbers required you get sat or replaced.
    I'm in BTDT, who's been on the front page of WoWProgress for the last few days (may have fallen off by now), and I'm pulling high enough numbers to smoke people on cleaving fights and be perfectly competitive on single target. At this point I'm starting to feel like the people crying about how elemental is so terrible are the ones who aren't in progression guilds.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid1 View Post
    That's all fine and well but it doesn't seem like he's obsessed with numbers to me. He's good so he does well, even picking talents that other players think of as subpar. If that's what most raiders in the better progression guilds are like, then that's great. Maybe my problem is with the wanna-bees, I don't know. Top progression guilds, from my understanding, are the only place where those numbers are going to mean anything. How many of those are there? Like 1%, 2%, more?

I have a strong feeling that many of the players who complain whether its us or monks, hunters, priest, etc. are not in that type of guild. To me its the equivalent of a WW Monk (or whoever) going to the forums complaining ele shamans are OP because they lost to one in a duel. An over-dramatization, but I have a sneaking suspicion that even if we end up in the middle in overall dps, players are still going to complain.
    Last edited by shell; 2013-03-08 at 11:08 PM. Reason: LoL he beat me to it, haha
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...