Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Horde player complaining about Alliance players complaining about Alliance story, by complaining about Horde story... pot..kettle? :P

i just puked trying to read all of that. my brain hurts me

The story in MoP has been undeniably more Horde oriented by a massive margin. As a Horde player, I find Alliance complaints to this effect quite legitimate.

The Horde favoritism among the higher ups at Blizzard is also exceptionally obvious between Metzen flat out stating that Thrall was his favorite (Malfurion USED to be), having PROFESSIONALS yell out vulgarities and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I don't give a rat's ass about the books, IN THE GAME, we've had none of the sort.
    ''I don't give a rat's ass about things that work against my favor in this thread'' is basicly what you're saying here. Just because the 7th Legion was nearly wiped out in a book, doesn't mean it's not part of the lore.

So? WE LOSE THE CITY. And you gain the city. And the alliance didn't suffered any defeat, you know as well as I do there's no way in hell blood elves could join the alliance from a gameplay perspective. Meanwhile, when dalaran shows up again in the future (and you just know it will) it will be alliance-only. That was one of my most favorite cities and now my toons are banned from it forever.
    A city that was never yours to begin with. Heck, it was an Alliance city before the Wrath of the Lich King. The only reason you could visit that city was because they needed a sanctuary in Northrend for the fight against Malygos/Lich King.
    So technically, the Alliance lost a city, and eventually got it back.

I guess I missed the part were we capture Ra'den to have an endless supply of Anima to keep making blood golems. Ohhh wait, that never happened. Jaina on the other hand is now wielding the power of a Demi-god.
    You mean the anima that you stole from the Dark Animus and brought back to Lor'themar? They're now able to experiment with anima, and I'm fairly sure there's still plenty of anima left in the Throne of Thunder, in case they need more of it.

So? Again, I care about what we AS PLAYERS do. Do I get to invade Gilneas? nope, that whole thing happens from the point of view of the worgens, by the time we players go there, its only to be beaten back by the worgens, the best we do is pick off a few troops, recover a corpse and GTFO. And the invasion of Stormwind was by a different group. The old Horde. And again, didn't happened in wow, so why should I give a crap about that?

Meanwhile, alliance players get to canonically set foot in our cities TWICE and kill shit inside of it.
    Yes, you get to invade Gilneas in the last part of Silverpine Forest. You actually get to see the somewhat conclusion of the invasion into Gilneas.
    The Alliance? They never got to experience that. They only got to experience the Forsaken bombing their way in, then fleeing to Darnassus.

1 lousy quest deals with killing 7th legion forces. 1. You guys get a full expansion.
    That couldn't possibly be because most of the 7th Legion got decimated. But you seem to think lore from books isn't part of ingame lore.

This is another point that irks me, why do people bitch about thrall so much? entirety of cata? hardly. Wanna count how many times thrall showed up in cata? Goblin zone (which alliance players never see, so you can't count that as him being shoved down your throat). 1 very brief cameo before going to deepholm, 1 non-canon cameo in twilight highlands (Its not canon because its just a nightmare), 1 quest-chain in hyjal, 1 instance, 1 raid. That's it.
    Thrall, the guy in the spotlight that's stopping the Azeroth and Deepholm from collapsing into each other.
    Thrall, the guy that we had to travel the world around to help parts of his spirit, so he could be ''reformed'' as a better orc.
    Thrall, the guy who was chosen by Ysera to help get the Dragon Aspects back together.
    Thrall, the guy who helped Nozdormu get out of the various timelines (fragments of him were stuck in multiple timelines)
    Thrall, the guy who helped Alexstrasza to get over her husband's presumed treason
    Thrall, the guy who helped Kalecgos uncover the plan of Arygos and was present at the meeting of the blue dragonflight to see Kalecgos become the aspect (something which no other non-dragon has ever seen)
    Thrall, the guy who was chosen to use the power of the Earth-Warder to help the other 4 dragon aspects to defeat Chromatus.
    Thrall, the guy who was then also chosen to wield the Dragon Soul and use it to finish off Deathwing.

Yup, he sure didn't get much spotlight in Cata.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Deleted
    And right on Queue, the Alliance bitch and moan and ignore everything that has happened in Pandaria.

The Alliance wins and the Horde Loses.

BUT THATS NOT FAIR AT ALL.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Thrall, the guy in the spotlight that's stopping the Azeroth and Deepholm from collapsing into each other.
    Thrall, the guy that we had to travel the world around to help parts of his spirit, so he could be ''reformed'' as a better orc.
    Thrall, the guy who was chosen by Ysera to help get the Dragon Aspects back together.
    Thrall, the guy who helped Nozdormu get out of the various timelines (fragments of him were stuck in multiple timelines)
    Thrall, the guy who helped Alexstrasza to get over her husband's presumed treason
    Thrall, the guy who helped Kalecgos uncover the plan of Arygos and was present at the meeting of the blue dragonflight to see Kalecgos become the aspect (something which no other non-dragon has ever seen)
    Thrall, the guy who was chosen to use the power of the Earth-Warder to help the other 4 dragon aspects to defeat Chromatus.
    Thrall, the guy who was then also chosen to wield the Dragon Soul and use it to finish off Deathwing.

Yup, he sure didn't get much spotlight in Cata.
    You forgot an important one.

Thrall, who left his mantle of warchief and became neutral in order to save the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post

Thrall, who left his mantle of warchief and became neutral in order to save the world.
    So neutral Thrall is a whole different person now? Is the Horde one in Sen'jin an imposter?

(hint: he isn't)

And right on Queue, the Alliance bitch and moan and ignore everything that has happened in Pandaria.

The Alliance wins and the Horde Loses.

BUT THATS NOT FAIR AT ALL.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 08:28 PM ----------

Not for long...

Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    Quality thread...you complaining about people complaining...take your own advice.
    Because complaining about people complaining about people complaining is you taking the high road. I'm sorry but sometimes complaining about mindless whining and complaining is valid such as in this case. I agree Alliance story needs to be improved but the endless vitriol and bile being spewed by Alliance players isn't helping and it isn't going to accomplish anything.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    You did not seriously expect us to read that wall of text?
    It is funny how the most terribly written whiny complaint threads always get called well written when it means slamming Blizzard or the game and yet when someone posts a well written and constructed post it gets called a wall of text. These forums never cease to amaze me in how incredibly hypocritical people are here.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Sha within me is delighted with this post. So delicious...
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

10+ Year Old Account
    A city that was never yours to begin with. Heck, it was an Alliance city before the Wrath of the Lich King. The only reason you could visit that city was because they needed a sanctuary in Northrend for the fight against Malygos/Lich King.
    So technically, the Alliance lost a city, and eventually got it back.
    Dalaran hadn't been an Alliance city since it was destroyed by the Scourge during the 3rd War. It never joined the Alliance after it was rebuilt (until 5.1).

It has stronger ties to the Horde through the Blood Elves anyway. You know, the people who taught humans magic thousands of years ago and to whom they've been closely allied with that entire time (until 5.1). Dalaran only had loose ties to the other human kingdoms for those thousands of years by being a magic university. They were only closely tied to the human kingdoms when they joined the Alliance for a few years in 2nd and 3rd Wars. A mere fraction of the time they had been close allies with the Elves.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-06-14 at 07:44 PM.

You mean he left being warchief of the horde to being Orc Jesus, savior of the world? Oh, and unlike when Alliance characters go neutral, Orc Jesus still is Horde. You are supposed to renounce your old allegiances when you go neutral. Unless you are Metzen's personal Mary Sue, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Lol biased wall of text is biased. 2/10 made me respond
    Are you seriously saying all the people whining that Blizzard ignores them aren't biased? Really?

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 03:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mesovr View Post
    Ok you can complain just as well as random people on the forums. Good job?
    You people do realize when you post things like this that you aren't any better than the people you are complaining about right?

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Derah. Open your eyes. The entire cataclysm xpac was based around thrall. You can't defend this. If you think alliance lore is truly equal to horde, maybe you should go outside for a bit.
    I love how only Alliance characters are allowed to go neutral.

so i was horde since the start.....went to alliance halfway through MoP.....I must say in my honest unbiased opinion (as horde to alliance to me i dont favor either one) it seems blizz caters a tad more to the horde in many aspects. To say otherwise is pretty ridiculous.....i mean come on....i guess the shrine has a flower vendor on alli and horde doesnt have one...guess thats pretty major....

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    You have Orc Jesus, your argument is invalid.
    And what is Orc Jesus doing in Mop? Oh right...NOTHING. Stop whining about Thrall.

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Horde player complaining about Alliance players complaining about Alliance story, by complaining about Horde story... pot..kettle? :P
    You are doing the exact same thing. Do you people seriously not understand how ignorant you sound when you post "complaining about complaining" comments?

---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 03:55 PM ----------

So neutral Thrall is a whole different person now? Is the Horde one in Sen'jin an imposter?

(hint: he isn't)
    You realize Mop occurs after the events of Cata right? Oh right I forgot not only are Horde characters not allowed to go neutral they aren't allowed to switch back either. The amount of cognitive dissonance in these threads is staggering.

Most people have no real experience looking at things from either a story telling perspective or from a military strategic perspective. They know SOMETHING is wrong, but they can't put their finger on it and lash out wildly. This results in a lot of screaming over nothing and covers up the real problems.

Militarily, the Alliance is kicking ass. The Horde is crumbling and gutting itself both from a military and political perspective. The Alliance, by contrast, is more united than ever with secure industrial and resource base and intact military (complete with unstoppable hero ships). We even have Dalaran, although that looks like it won't show up till next expansion.

From a story telling perspective, the Alliance is boring as shit. We are one big happy family with all conflicts smoothed over (Blood in the Snow comes to mind). This takes away vital internal conflict, a major driver of character development. This results in the Alliance story revolving around the Horde. This makes the Alliance feel like the audience for the Horde story, since Horde actions drive all Alliance reactions, depriving them of a feeling of agency.

The Horde story is almost entirely internal at this stage, with the war with the Alliance serving as a backdrop. WHO the Horde is at war with is largely irrelevant, the important thing is that it is so unpopular that it's triggered a civil war. That's drama gold!

Ironically, I think this is the result of unconscious human favoritism. Now hear me out, this may sound insane but I have an idea.

The Alliance has become a Big Happy Family and the Horde a Big Dysfunctional Family. The devs have said that they have a natural pro-human bias, which is perfectly understandable, being humans themselves. People generally want to be part of a Big Happy Family, and by more personally identifying with the Alliance in general, that rubs off on the writing. This also results in the non-humans of the Alliance slowly having their uniqueness worn away until they become funny looking humans.

The Horde is very not human, which frees the writers up mentally by removing the pro-human biases. Each race remains distinct and there is less "why can't we all get along?" that you tend to see in a Big Happy Family. Dysfunctional families are more entertaining.

The result is the Alliance becomes the place you want to actually live, and the Horde become the place that's exciting to read about. Which is basically what we see in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Dalaran hadn't been an Alliance city since it was destroyed by the Scourge during the 3rd War. It never joined the Alliance after it was rebuilt (until 5.1).

It has stronger ties to the Horde through the Blood Elves anyway. You know, the people who taught humans magic thousands of years ago and to whom they've been closely allied with that entire time (until 5.1). Dalaran only had loose ties to the other human kingdoms for those thousands of years by being a magic university. They were only closely tied to the human kingdoms when they joined the Alliance for a few years in 2nd and 3rd Wars. A mere fraction of the time they had been close allies with the Elves.
    Oh wow...so now the bullshit rules for neutrality are being applied to cities now? I'm out. If you can sit there and say with a straight face that the current storyline in Mop doesn't make Dalaran an Alliance city again then there is no point in even attempting discussion on this. OP I understand what you are trying to do here but these people aren't interested in discussion they would prefer to be perpetual professional victims regardless of what actually happens in Alliance lore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post

But you're just proving my point here. Dalaran was an Alliance city at some point, and we did lose it (to the Scourge)
    And you mean High Elves taught the humans of Stormgarde how to use magic, Blood Elves didn't even exist back then.
    They were close allies with the High Elves, not the Blood Elves. Heck, the Blood Elves weren't even admitted into the Kirin Tor until Aethas Sunreaver managed to convince the others on the Council of Six. (which was a bit before WotLK)

Well it's a fact that SoO is a horde story and alliance players have the right be mad about it - I mean, we clearly know that Blizzard made alliance part of it because they were obliged to

10+ Year Old Account
    lel...everyone knows that blizz guys get hardons for horde... deal with it.
    Mindless...