Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Great MMO Migration

http://migration.guildwars2.com/en/

(It's a contest to win a free Heroic edition of GW2)
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Sounds cool, id play gw2 till the new wow expansion hits

Looks like heavy load is causing it not to load for me!

Deleted
    Nevermind, making a video just to enter the contest? id rather pay 25Euro which i wont.

Deleted
    If you're getting heavy load here's the information

Pledge your commitment to the world of Tyria by reading the Guild Wars 2 Oath on video for a chance to win a FREE COPY of Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition. There's no subscription fee, so you can play free and clear!

CREATE a video of you reading the Guild Wars 2 Oath in a public place!
    UPLOAD your original video to YouTube!
    SUBMIT the official entry form to let us know about your video. Make sure you meet all the requirements listed in the Official Rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    Nevermind, making a video just to enter the contest? id rather pay 25Euro which i wont.
    This. The time and effort required to make a quality winning entry is worth more than the game itself.

Saw that video, looked at the cab and said aloud; "That is not New York!"

No one would give two flips about that girl's cab or her crazy bullshit. XD

The guy saving up for the great sword Eternity made me laugh. A lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The video part is easy, all you have to do is read the oath in a public place and upload to youtube

The Guild Wars 2 Oath

Fill in the blanks with the appropriate words to complete your own version of the Guild Wars 2 Oath.

I, name , renounce adjective games and pledge my allegiance to Guild Wars 2. I likewise declare my freedom from adjective subscription fees! That I turn my back forever on noun which is/are totally adjective .

That I will take up arms to defend the noun and crush evil with my noun . I take this oath to Guild Wars 2 freely, without noun because I am adjective .

like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wymEe...CtH2U4&index=1

5000 free copies and it's 40% off until December 3rd as well.
    Valar morghulis

What's special about the heroic version?

Blizz should do this and see how many more videos they can get.... My guess? A lot more.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    don't you get a set of cosmetic gem store armor? Plus some consumables I believe.

I've read the list of what's special about it a few times, but nothing stuck with me. I assume it isn't anything that great.

Guild Wars 2 game
    Suit of Legacy Armor* Deck out your character with Profane, Krytan, or Primeval armor.
    Mithril Box*
    10 Experience Boosters*
    Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill*

so a set of armor skins(500 ish gems I think), a good box(18 slots, could be the best at the moment), experience boosters which aren't that big a deal I always forget to use them, and an ability I've never seen anyone use.

this is the armor... in about the blandest colors available and at low resolution, but you get the general idea.
    http://i.imgur.com/3QeUV.jpg
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-12-01 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Thumbnail images or links.

Pffrt, no time making videos, busy chasing champion mobs....

Even though I'm slightly heartbroken over WoW not working, I'm having A LOT of fun in GW2. Only thing I miss is a mount, simply because I love mounts in games.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    and an ability I've never seen anyone use.
    I use it sometimes for kicks

But ok, I was hoping it would be more. Oh well. It's weird because the prize seems aimed at people who currently do not own the game, but the whole reading the oath thing seems like something people who do play would be more inclined to do than people who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Pffrt, no time making videos, busy chasing champion mobs....

Even though I'm slightly heartbroken over WoW not working, I'm having A LOT of fun in GW2. Only thing I miss is a mount, simply because I love mounts in games.
    sort off topic, but WoW is broken for you? As actually not working on your computer or just some design choices that you don't agree with?

About the armor above, Primeval and Krytan look pretty nice, Profane is pretty awful though.

I use it sometimes for kicks

But ok, I was hoping it would be more. Oh well. It's weird because the prize seems aimed at people who currently do not own the game, but the whole reading the oath thing seems like something people who do play would be more inclined to do than people who don't.
    Lol well of course....cause they are already playing the game. This is clearly aimed at people to "pledge an oath" on leaving one mmo to another, not pledging to a game that you already play.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is really weird.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

What a cringe worthy video and what a joke of a marketing campaign. They are literally begging for people now. I see why they are telling people to take a pledge, they realize most GW2 players are MMO hoppers and they are scared that the remaining players they have left will jump ship next year, so they are asking for them to take the pledge now.

To say something positive, I had a good laugh at the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    What a cringe worthy video and what a joke of a marketing campaign. They are literally begging for people now. I see why they are telling people to take a pledge, they realize most GW2 players are MMO hoppers and they are scared that the remaining players they have left will jump ship next year, so they are asking for them to take the pledge now.

To say something positive, I had a good laugh at the video.
    Yes, they're asking people to make a video, in good spirits, to be given GW2 for free, because they're worried about people jumping ship... Because of course if you put it on the internet it has to be true! (and therefore the oath you take is binding!)

To me, it's a humorous, eye-roll-inducing, marketing campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Yes, they're asking people to make a video, in good spirits, to be given GW2 for free, because they're worried about people jumping ship... Because of course if you put it on the internet it has to be true! (and therefore the oath you take is binding!)

To me, it's a humorous, eye-roll-inducing, marketing campaign.
    Don't bother rhandric, it's Sharuko.

Remember when they came out with their cinematic when the game launched? ANet has some weird ideas sometimes.