Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by themadynasty View Post
    pst him and tell him to stop
    [Anzen] whispers: stop
    To [Anzen]: Stop what mate?

Anzen has gone offline.

I sell glyphs at 30g each and I'm sitting at over 6m gold. I don't post every day though so the other sellers get to make gold too, though they'll try and get 300-400g each for them. Do I care about their whining when I undercut them by so much? Hell no. And they're often trying to 'teach' me how stupid I am. The reason I started with glyphs is because of the ridiculous prices that I was paying back in Wrath.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Oh boy I remember getting terrible whispers...

...back when people would advertise selling the Winterspring Cub for 500-1000g in trade during Cata I openly advertised with a macro that I would put up right above them saying "Discount Winterspring Cubs!! Go to X npc in Winterspring to get your Cub for the mere price of 50 gold!!"

Oooooohhhh boy would those people mad at me. Did I care? Nope, not at all.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

Ask him if you can just buy direct from him.

I remember back in Cata I was prospecting ore and making meta gems. I had like 800 meta gems and I just kept undercutting the current price by like 20% in order to drive off other sellers. Someone would buy it all up, I would wait for them to repost then throw 100 more gems on the ah. This was so I would demoralize them enough for them to exit the meta gem market. Later someone just offered to buy directly from me at the same price I was selling for and a guaranteed sale with no ah cut was just so much better. It was very lucrative for me to just buy directly from an ore guy at a discounted price and then have someone buy from me at a discounted price. They were essentially taking all the risk.

I always look at the lowest price of say, Peacebloom, and cut that price in half to sell my Peacebloom. In-game economies are worse than real-world economies.

Purposely Fixing the Economy.

Fixed your title. Would edit for you, if I could.

Deleted
    Lol, I want to be on your server xD

Honestly I don't see why this thread hasn't been locked. It has nothing to do with Profs, just the OP complaining about being undercut by a lot.
    "Do fish have dreams?" - Nick Cage
    The Cage!! In his most primal form!!

Quote Originally Posted by Surihn View Post
    Recently, there as been a player on my server who is purposely ruining the prices of the gem market. It doesn't matter what the price is at, they put their gems up for hundreds and hundreds of gold less. Many people would say, just buy all of their gems and re-post them, the problem is they just re-post more gems immediately after at the same extremely low price. What can I do about this? Wait until they get bored of ruining the economy and move on?

I recall reading somewhere that Blizzard generally frowns upon people ruining the economy and will take action if it is to an extreme enough extent. Please don't misinterpret this as me whining about being undercut; I understand that is a completely normal thing when playing the Auction house, as is is the main aspect of the game that I enjoy. It just seems to me that undercutting like this is an attempt to pretty much troll people, supported by the fact that this player is often starting fights, and being generally abrupt in trade chat whenever I look at it.

Would just like to know if anyone else has seen/dealt with something like this, I have the bankroll to buyout all the gems but no time to sell them after due to immediate re-post.
    Don't worry when the new True Iron Ore, Draenic Iron Ore, & Blackrock Ore hit the market. Well let's just say money will be made again.

I wish I could do some damage with my gbank full of windwool cloth + 20 alts with full bags of it as well, but unfortunately the windwool market is already super low :P

The wonders of free market...

Just deal with it or lower your prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I wish I could do some damage with my gbank full of windwool cloth + 20 alts with full bags of it as well, but unfortunately the windwool market is already super low :P
    Convert to Royal Satchels?

If he's able to undercut by hundreds, it sounds like gems are drastically overpriced in the first place.

The WOW economy is not driven by necessity for energy, shelter, or food. The economy radically change from one day to the next with very little concern of what items are actually worth. Had the economy been driven by necessity. The amount of raw gold farmed per hour, in the form of Blizzard spawned gold (I.E quests and drops) would be put up against the amount of raw ore, herbs, leather etc produced in one hour. Special items and services would be the luxury items. The current situation the only thing even resembling a necessity are raiders who simply cannot raid without newest gems, glyphs and enchants. But apart from the start of a patch, each individual obtain an upgrade so rarely that even triple price is acceptable.

Goblins will drop the price is order to set a new standard in which they can hoard up and sell the goods in the future. It goes as this, sell 200 of each gem for a very low price. Watch the sheeps follow your prices, then buy as much as you can. If successful you will end up with more value in gold than before you plummeted the price on gems. When the prices reach and acceptable level again, post your now expensive gems for profit.

However, if he is selling gems for less than 20g a piece hes probably doing it because he can or your lotus/ore prices are stupidly low for his endeavors to be profitable.
    Last edited by MMKing; 2014-06-24 at 05:08 AM.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Deleted
    I had the same on the vision dust market, you just have to wait till he burns through his stock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMKing View Post
    Goblins will drop the price is order to set a new standard in which they can hoard up and sell the goods in the future. It goes as this, sell 200 of each gem for a very low price. Watch the sheeps follow your prices, then buy as much as you can. If successful you will end up with more value in gold than before you plummeted the price on gems. When the prices reach and acceptable level again, post your now expensive gems for profit.
    So basically corner the market then flip for profit! It would work except that the supply is basically infinite (despite generation being player or bot driven).
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

"hundreds and hundreds of gold less"
    Maybe the actual issue is that your economy is ruined by having gems cost hundreds and hundreds of gold.

It's a shocker but sometimes a 236g basic red Int gem really should only be 46g lol
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    I sell glyphs at 30g each and I'm sitting at over 6m gold. I don't post every day though so the other sellers get to make gold too, though they'll try and get 300-400g each for them. Do I care about their whining when I undercut them by so much? Hell no. And they're often trying to 'teach' me how stupid I am. The reason I started with glyphs is because of the ridiculous prices that I was paying back in Wrath.
    Just sounds like you're trying to be a bully always posting so low when you can be making much larger profits setting your fallback higher.

It's pure conjecture whether or not I would make more profit by selling higher. Besides, who am I supposed to be bullying, the other sellers? I'm not stopping them listing what they like and for how much they like. Is Poundland bullying Tesco when they sell things cheaper than them?
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Gotta agree here. Hundreds and hundreds of gold less on a single gem means this guy is the only non-asshat JC on your realm.
    i think its just a figure of speech