Quote Originally Posted by siraldric View Post
    in case you all missed it this was a post from brax yesterday:

"We have a plan, but we won't be revealing anything about it until we have everything in alignment to execute said plan. When we are ready, we will reveal in more detail than ever before what the plan is and how we plan on making it happen.

Sorry, no time-frame on an announcement at this time. "

^^^so theres that.
    yeah, we have been laughing about that since yesterday. We are eagerly awaiting the top secret ´plan M´ after the last 15 of his ideas failed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    They did say no was paid except Teddy.
    They paid a ton of people besides Teddy. They paid for the spider, they paid for the house, they paid for the ´naming script´ they paid for the music, they paid for the final video to be made... almost forgot.. they paid for the concept art for their dragon that the artist did before he even heard of ToA.

What they said is none of THEM have been paid, but that doesn´t mean he didn´t pay his daughter for the lore, or someone else to do PR/forum posting and stuff like that. And that is where most of the missing $37k went...

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricYouth View Post
    For those who do have software knowledge and were in the community and still let this happen I'm irritated that you let it get this far. There must have been some pointers here and there that something was a bit off.
    Maybe they were afraid of backlash from some of the more rabid fans; it doesn't matter if someone knows what they're talking about, if they can make a logical argument or post proof, there's always a contingent of idiots who will psychotically attack them and defend the game/movie/whatever in question, often reaching into the realm of the absurd to fuel their argument.

Really, we've been seeing that all along here as outsiders from this thread go to their forums and point things out only to get labeled as trolls or rival developers who are "jealous" of ToA's talent and ideas. It's as hilarious as it is sad, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by siraldric View Post
    in case you all missed it this was a post from brax yesterday:

"We have a plan, but we won't be revealing anything about it until we have everything in alignment to execute said plan. When we are ready, we will reveal in more detail than ever before what the plan is and how we plan on making it happen.

Sorry, no time-frame on an announcement at this time. "

^^^so theres that.
    So, um, in more detail than ever before. Didn't he say before that they have been completely transparent, being black and white, all truth and all that? Wouldn't more detail than before entail that they didn't release (some) details in the past and had withheld details and be, you know, not very transparent. Like the other $37k...

Or maybe he is just stating a large amount of details for his plan, in which it is very poor word choice, as seems to be common.
    Reject common sense to make the impossible possible! ~Kamina, Gurren Lagann

...You'll kill my dick?! What the hell does that even mean? I'll kill your dick! ~Grayson Hunt, Bulletstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Fornax- View Post
    I'm done over there. My last post is in that sad thread with SpazrakeMcmoron. Gods, I'm just not cut out for ignorance and incompetence.
    So Brax can feel hostility... You know what can purge acrimony? Refunds. He backed another game rather than toa? How many candles' worth? After taking your money, he says it's best you fuck off now. Indelible.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2015-03-26 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    sight ~ It starts again ~
    Just to make it clear to folks from the ToA sphere, this is the kind of crap automatically that gives the "devalt" vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I wonder if this is considered illegal. If not, then it should be. This specific case is borderline fraud.
    nothing illegal about accepting donations from stupid people. if it was, the world would be a whole lot different

devalt or a "fan"alt, I doubt that a 17 year female found about Trials of Ascension (especially in its current state) last week and already wants to throw “her money” at it, funny that she is also considering getting into programming ~ /facepalm
    Then we'll find out she has a magical talent for it and is actually Brax's long-lost daughter Mary Sue...

Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    nothing illegal about accepting donations from stupid people. if it was, the world would be a whole lot different
    Religions and politicians would be largely broke, for one...

soooo he thinks he is just going to start over with the same scam and pretend nothing ever happened? Ban people who post anything at all negative, have ´fans´ suddenly show up talking about how amazing the game is.... He is just pathetic and delusional.

I offer this advice.. Google a company called Google and see what type of business they are in. You can fill your forums with fake fans and ban everyone you want, but everywhere else your game is mention it goes right along with the word scam. Not to mention that there are now about 20 different places where people talk about them faking their community.. You really think a new ´fan´ showing up and saying ´take my money´ is going to look good? it is exactly the stuff that got you ridiculed for over the past 2 years and just reinforces how dishonest these clowns have been over the past 13 years.

meh, who cares though. they aren´t getting any more money and anyone who does keep helping them deserves what they get.. embarrassed. I told Teddy last June that he was working on a project that he could never use to get another job.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2015-03-26 at 04:35 AM.

Member Since: Mar 10, 2015 Messages: 8 Likes Received: 9 Trophy Points: 3

http://www.trialsofascension.com/for...oduction.4766/

sight ~ It starts again ~

Edited: in b4, well since our fans insist, we are accepting donations again!
    In that first thread where you got the post here is another poster: Female Age 18, joined Aug 2014 but posts: "Ah! Okay, thank you all very much for your replies! :3 I am relieved to hear that there is a P.O.A, and I'm sure anyone who reads the replies will be too, because the concept of this game is exceptional! So keep it up guys! I'm sure the unwavering support of the community will aid, in some way, and the commitment of devs will drive the project to a prosperous future "

So they are happy the devs have a plan of action...but the plan isn't being talked about to the fans/backers. Nice. 2 more kool-aid drinkers fighting against the vocal minority that is trying to bring ToA down!
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2015-03-26 at 05:40 AM.

Deleted
    Some people are already waiting 10+ years for this prosperous future.

devalt or a "fan"alt, I doubt that a 17 year female found about Trials of Ascension (especially in its current state) last week and already wants to throw “her money” at it, funny that she is also considering getting into programming ~ /facepalm
    Hello there! It's me, Raksasha from the ToA site....
    believe it, buddy. it's true. or, it was true, till i found this site. Mostly i was just excited about the idea of the game, no what they had already put out, as i hadn't seen any of it at that point. And i really am getting into programming.
    eh, whatever if you don't believe me, but i didn't think it was a scam when i posted :/

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Then we'll find out she has a magical talent for it and is actually Brax's long-lost daughter Mary Sue
    heh, not as far as i'm aware.

*SIGH.....*

EDIT:
    The only reason i found ToA is because i'm in the habit of looking up on Google: "Games with playable draogns", as i'm obsessed with them. in response to what could have been implied (but might not have) in " I doubt that a 17 year female found about Trials of Ascension (especially in its current state) last week and already wants to throw “her money” at it"
    Last edited by Raksasha; 2015-03-27 at 01:01 AM.

Given the track record of ToA and super fans popping up out of nowhere to 'toss money at ToA' despite them you know...not having a game. we are pretty skeptical of such things. I mean look at the track record of the company Raksasha. What have they managed to do? They produced a shitty demo AFTER taking $67,000 in fan donations. Other companies wanting to get their foot in the door produce a demo on their own time and money.

Brax and company have NO SKILLS in programming. They haven't bothered to try in the 10+ years ToA has existed in various forms. All they can do is talk about what they want to do. So a 'game with playable dragons' might sound amazing but there is no such thing in ToA as it was not shown in the demo and they have no programmers to code such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Given the track record of ToA and super fans popping up out of nowhere to 'toss money at ToA' despite them you know...not having a game. we are pretty skeptical of such things. I mean look at the track record of the company Raksasha. What have they managed to do? They produced a shitty demo AFTER taking $67,000 in fan donations. Other companies wanting to get their foot in the door produce a demo on their own time and money.

Brax and company have NO SKILLS in programming. They haven't bothered to try in the 10+ years ToA has existed in various forms. All they can do is talk about what they want to do. So a 'game with playable dragons' might sound amazing but there is no such thing in ToA as it was not shown in the demo and they have no programmers to code such things.
    eh, yeah. I didn't know such things before, and i really was thinking of near the exact concepts as ToA was saying. needless to say, i was beside myself with excitement.

well, at least now i have a more solid goal for what i want to do with my life. :P make an ACTUAL trials of ascension while hopefully not infringing on copyright or anything. (Whatever, you know what i mean... i hope) :P

If you want to play a dragon that badly, Istaria is still kicking. it may be ancient, pretty shitty and ugly as sin but hey, you can be a dragon in it xD

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    If you want to play a dragon that badly, Istaria is still kicking. it may be ancient, pretty shitty and ugly as sin but hey, you can be a dragon in it xD
    i've tried. I think its a pretty good game, but it's not really what i want. think minecraft + wurm online + skyrim + mythruna as a dragon. (basicly, look through ToA and thats what i want. >_< )

Facepalm.jpg

Trials of Ascension project has been around for over a decade, funny that someone who says is “obsessed” with playable dragons and has the “habit” of googling it hasn’t found about it until now, tough luck I guess? Even funnier is that you “just happen” to find this thread after someone making a post about your account in ToA forum ~ such a nice timing.

Also, thanks for confirming that you are truly legit, I may now sleep without having to worry! It’s not like others members of have registered accounts here just to confirm the legitimacy of ToA related crap before ~ it turned out great so far I say =/

Anyway, thank god you are getting into programming to start a project similar to Trials of Ascension, the way things are going I bet you’ll finish your studies and develop it all by yourself before Trials of Ascension getting to an alpha phase, you are their only hope, good luck!
    the REASON i made that post was because i saw someone had posted about my account....duh?
    alright, habit probably isn't the best word, but i've done it quite a lot. i haven't found it till they said the game would feature playable dragons at launch.

where was i legitimizing ToA? i'm here expressing myself about how disappointed i am that it's NOT legit..

maybe you just didn't read the posts i made after that one? (on this fourm)

I never said you were not. I just said tons of people already came here to confirm the authenticity of multiple things, their own identities as well if I recall well ~ but that’s beside the point, just trying to say that showing up in an online forum saying “I’M LEGIT!” makes no difference, of course you are fully welcome to participate in the thread like many others from Trials of Ascension forums still do, but if the only point was to confirm that you are “real”, I’m afraid that you might have just wasted your time =P
    ah, i MIGHT have just wasted my time... but maybe i didn't. ooohhhhh :P
    that was close to the only reason, true enough, but this IS an interesting discussion. and i can't stand being thought of as anyone other than me, or being made fun of because someone else's reputation is tainting my own, however sensitive or idiotic that may make me.

At this point I don't figure it matters if she's real or not. The Three Stooges have about as much chance of making their game a reality as I do of winning the lottery. So pie-eyed youth or yet another forum alt trying to hype against hope, she's gonna be playing a dragon in ToA about the same time I can afford a 24k gold-plated Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    At this point I don't figure it matters if she's real or not. The Three Stooges have about as much chance of making their game a reality as I do of winning the lottery. So pie-eyed youth or yet another forum alt trying to hype against hope, she's gonna be playing a dragon in ToA about the same time I can afford a 24k gold-plated Ferrari.
    What you don't have one of those ferraris yet? I have four. I'm also playing ToA in full immersive VR. The year is 2043 and the ferraris are VR as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    What you don't have one of those ferraris yet? I have four. I'm also playing ToA in full immersive VR. The year is 2043 and the ferraris are VR as well.
    I'll bet those Ferraris cost a mint in the cash shop.