This is why you don't give up in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    had one of "those" illidans. the type who launches into the entire enemy team and calls everyone out for not helping but doesnt join team fights otherwise.

as a morales, i managed to save him at 5%, no exageration, by disrupting the enemy and healing upto 75%. Then i ulted him because he had his ult up....and then he proceeds to immediately escape back to me. Body blocked me while running away to get heals from me as if I can only heal at melee range, getting me killed, once I was dead and my ult had dropped off him, he launched back into the enemy and immediately died.

had he actually stayed to fight as he did the entire game before and after that point, it would have been a huge victory, but...urgh..
    Yesterday in a quick match with 3 friends i haven't even noticed Illidan on our team for 10 minutes, first time i've seen him was on enemy core, he did, like, 20k damage to heroes (compare to my sick lunar flare tyrande with whooping 100k), how the fuck this even happens

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    After having the game uninstalled for a week, I just received this:

What an absolute horseshit, I have NEVER fucking EVER went AFK or refused to participate in my life. If the reason was for feeding, sure, fine. I did fed on purpose in my last game before I uninstalled this crap.
    I sense strong dissonance in this one. You say that the fact that you violated in-game policies is horseshit, while admitting that you did indeed violated them. Maybe it's time to chillax? Dunno, play some dota instead?

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don't give a damn about being reported or whatever, I am just baffled by the speed of their actions. I didn't bring it up to complain about getting punished, I brought it up so people can see how horrible this reporting system is.
    Well your case only proves that reporting system works as intended, they don't blindly throw away restrictions based on reports, they actually take time to make sure that they are not punishing those who do not deserve it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sadly this is only going to become more common now as they have burdened HotS with the same toxic automated silence/ban system that has ruined Overwatch for many players

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished my placement games went 4-6 so not ideal but considering I lost the first 5 in a row it was a good recovery. Ended up Plat 1 which I am very happy with after taking 7 months away from the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

I picked murky so last two went mad and picked vikings and aba... we won.

10+ Year Old Account

I can only carry so much. Most of my kills were solo kills when they tried to stop me in my lane.
    https://www.hotslogs.com/Player/Matc...ayID=148088087
    Fight breakdown.
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2018-06-08 at 02:20 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I sense strong dissonance in this one. You say that the fact that you violated in-game policies is horseshit, while admitting that you did indeed violated them. Maybe it's time to chillax? Dunno, play some dota instead?
    Yeah, I did violate in-game policies and got warning for something else which I never did on purpose. It just shows it is automated bullshit without any review.

I might have been cynical and stayed in lane, but never been trully non-participating. Just because I am refusing to join a fight when 2 levels behind and desperately soaking that experience to catch up, it does not mean I am AFK in that lane. I have been told multiple times to stop AFK when team was incredibly retarded and just threw themselves into bad fights just to sink into disadvantage even deeper.

Ask any competent player who was doing the right thing, yet I am getting a warning because clueless noobs have reported me.

Well your case only proves that reporting system works as intended, they don't blindly throw away restrictions based on reports, they actually take time to make sure that they are not punishing those who do not deserve it
    It might prove it is working as intended, but the system is incredibly retarded.

The fact they take their time, a whole fucking week, to send any warning just creates this incredibly cynical environment. If I wanted to, I could ruin at least 10 more games for other people and receive temporary suspension at worst.

While if I actually received in-game notification while playing that I have been reported for something, I can change my behaviour immediately because I can clearly see when I am getting reported and what might cause that reaction from other people.

And for far more severe "toxic" behaviour like AFK or feeding, you should receive an immediate 30 minute time-out suspension. If you are doing one of those, you are most likely tilted already and should take a time off to regain composure. I am not saying that one report should trigger it, but if 5 people report you for one of those, you should be punished immediately. I personally rather get some unjustified time-out from time to time over the current system because I know it is there to protect me from players who are ruining games on purpose.

It is just how our psychology works, severe and late punishments never correct bad behaviour because it comes way too late when you already don't care about consequences. If you want to correct someone, it is them who have to decide to change their behaviour and you never achieve that by punishing them harshly after they finally cross the line, you are just giving them another target to put all the blame on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I did violate in-game policies and got warning for something else which I never did on purpose. It just shows it is automated bullshit without any review.
    You've got flagged for violating tos, and you've been violating tos, how is that "something else"? You've been giving enemy team advantage by feeding exp and not being presented in fights (or on a map in general), sitting in tavern.

They "take their time" to make sure that players who got reported by angry, "clueless noobs" aren't affected. The thing is, them sending an email and their system working in background are different things, it doesn't mean that they recognized your behavior in a week, it means that you've been monitored during said week, and if you would continue to do that you would get a ban, but since you've stopped you got a warning
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've got flagged for violating tos, and you've been violating tos, how is that "something else"? You've been giving enemy team advantage by feeding exp and not being presented in fights (or on a map in general), sitting in tavern.

They "take their time" to make sure that players who got reported by angry, "clueless noobs" aren't affected. The thing is, them sending an email and their system working in background are different things, it doesn't mean that they recognized your behavior in a week, it means that you've been monitored during said week, and if you would continue to do that you would get a ban, but since you've stopped you got a warning
    You are not good at listening, are you?

I received warning for Non-Participation when I never ever sat in starting area, what are you talking about. What I actually did, was fed on purpose in one of last games where I simply ran it down the middle on Gazlowe on BoE to get myself killed. Which is completely different thing than Non-Participation.

I basically got reported for soaking experience in off-lane when we were behind in experience while I was beging the remaining four players to give up objective this time and focus on catching up so we can actually take the equal fight and work on comeback. I also refused to join a 4v5 fights with no objective being up when I saw opportunity to gain massive advantage in abandoned off-lane. My "consistent" behaviour is consistent only because most people fail to grasp importance of levels, talent tiers and macro. Unless you are fighting like knucklehead, you aren't participating it seems.

If I got a warning for feeding, I would be totally fine as I did that. And based on their statement, feeding doesn't apply to Non-Participation.

https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/blog/19818500/
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Report Categories & Guidelines for Use

Abusive Chat
    • Insults, cruelty, or ongoing harassment directed at one or more players.
    • Hate speech
    • Real life threats

Intentionally Feeding
    • Player intentionally and repeatedly gets their hero killed in order to anger allies or feed XP to the enemy team.

AFK/Non-Participation
    • Player is idle or inactive for an extended period of time during a game.
    • Player is present, but has given up or refuses to take part in the game.

Cheating/Botting/Hacking
    • Suspicious behavior which indicates the player may be using third-party software or hack programs to gain an advantage during a game.

Inappropriate Name
    • Character names or BattleTags that are offensive, insulting, bypass the mature language filter, or are otherwise considered objectionable.

Spam
    • Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure nonsense
    • Blatant or repeated advertising for third party websites

My problem with Non-Participation is that "Player is present, but has given up or refuses to take part in the game." is very up to interpration. I would really like to know how are they reviewing this thing in particular.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are not good at listening, are you?
    Yeah, probably, but anyways

Refusing to participate in a game, including but not limited to being AFK, creates a disadvantage for your allies and ruins the match for both teams. These actions violate our in-game policies (http://battle.net/support/article/42673).
    Bold is important part, and this is what you should be looking at, instead of being fixated on one word. You know, they kinda explain why this happened and you just handwave explanation. Anyways, it seems that you see a problem when there is none and look at your own story at some weird angle at which you are not wrong (or not quite wrong) and deserve a... different kind of punishment? You keep bringing up games where you actually fed on purpose and refer to them as "one of last games", but the truth is that you had a whole lot of games before that, not knowing all technical details on that, but from my experience of doing a lot of tribunal shit in league of legends - these systems never forget old games and never pass judgement based on just "one of last games".
    This conversation is really weird.

And just to clarify - a blue post with a breakdown is not a good source (sic), since in actual link they send you all this stuff in the same category, so, basically, afk=feeding=non-participation, aka behaviour
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-06-09 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, probably, but anyways

Bold is important part, and this is what you should be looking at, instead of being fixated on one word. You know, they kinda explain why this happened and you just handwave explanation. Anyways, it seems that you see a problem when there is none and look at your own story at some weird angle at which you are not wrong (or not quite wrong) and deserve a... different kind of punishment? You keep bringing up games where you actually fed on purpose and refer to them as "one of last games", but the truth is that you had a whole lot of games before that, not knowing all technical details on that, but from my experience of doing a lot of tribunal shit in league of legends - these systems never forget old games and never pass judgement based on just "one of last games".
    This conversation is really weird.

And just to clarify - a blue post with a breakdown is not a good source (sic), since in actual link they send you all this stuff in the same category, so, basically, afk=feeding=non-participation, aka behaviour
    Well, if you read the blue post (I also provided an actual Blizz post) you would know that the bolded part most likely refers to "Player is present, but has given up or refuses to take part in the game.". Which is extremely up to interpration.

Yes I bring up a "non-issue" in being warned for A while I did B. As I said, I never went AFK, gave up or refused to take part in game on purpose. How can you be fine with justice when a murderer is sentenced for theft? This is not me defending myself, I am grown up enough to take responsibilities for my actions. I am just quite agravated by the fact I received warning for something I didn't do and instead my actual bad behaviour is left unoticed.

If they are not willing to go by their own "laws", or are unable to word their "laws" correctly, what is the point then? Clarity is important there.

You also bring up the "one of the last games", well, it actually is pretty huge thing there. I fed on purpose just ONCE in my life so that means I got reported for Non-Participation based on games I played before, that is the catch right there. Players interpreted my actions as being AFK, giving up or refusing to participate when I was trying to do the right things based on all the information I get from watching HGC. My question is, who reviewed my games to decide I actually did that to issue a warning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you read the blue post (I also provided an actual Blizz post) you would know that the bolded part most likely refers to "Player is present, but has given up or refuses to take part in the game.". Which is extremely up to interpration.

If they are not willing to go by their own "laws", or are unable to word their "laws" correctly, what is the point then? Clarity is important there
    Again, code of conduct beats blue post, and code of conduct doesn't recognize griefing from afk from non-participation, they probably use this distinction further for some sort of statistic. And the most important part of code of conduct says:
    "We reserve the right to restrict offending accounts as much as necessary to keep Blizzard games a fun experience for all players."
    So, in the long run, they do go by their own laws, and are able to word their laws, and it basically says "don't do any weird shit or we'll do whatever we want to do".

If you really never went AFK, gave up or refused to participate - then the system works as intended, you've got just a warning, the "reason" stated in the email you've got is irrelevant. Maybe someone on blizzards side while reviewing your reports checked your games, seen your 30 or so deaths and said "oh yeah he is guilty as fuck, doesn't matter if these people reported his for a wrong thing", but they can't change reason why they reported you.
    When i've seen cases on tribunal of league of legends with player reported for "harassment" while having 20 deaths and no items, while being silent all game - i passed it as "guilty" anyways, and they probably got an email that they've got banned for "harassment", but in reality they've got banned for "violating CoC" (or ToS, who cares), and that's what important. Not arbitrary "case" of violation, but violation in general, because being AFK, non-participation or feeding lead to the same thing - ruined experience for 9 other players.
    If you'll find it convincing, it's more of justice when a murderer is sentenced for murder with a hammer, while he murdered someone with a spoon.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Snip*
    I understand what you are saying, but I still think the system is not doing good job at keeping clarity and actually correcting people.

It does punish people, but doesn't solve anything in long run. Which should be the actual goal as I don't think all "toxic" players are actually bad people, we all have a little bit of darkness in us which surfaces in certain situations and sometimes we need clues to notice it started to cross the line.

If Blizzard did better job at punishing an actual bad behaviour instead of this automated crap, the "clueless noobs" would be more willing to listen to proper advices when they wouldn't assume everybody talking is an asshole trying to hurt their ego.

I think you need immediate reaction while you still care and frustration is not high enough.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

What an absolute horseshit, I have NEVER fucking EVER went AFK or refused to participate in my life. If the reason was for feeding, sure, fine. I did fed on purpose in my last game before I uninstalled this crap.

Have I been told to stop AFK? Yes, but only by the dumb cunts who think it is better to die in meaningless team fight with talent disadvantage while I am trying to soak the experience to finally catch up so we can take the goddamn fight. If this means "consistent" than this game is doomed because the general playerbase is dumb beyond saving.

Thank you Blizzard for giving me yet another reason to give up on HotS with this automated system enforcing actual toxic and dumb behaviour.
    Oh lordy. How will we ever recover from losing someone like yourself from the game.

On-topic. Had a Sad game earlier today where my team was steamrolling most the match yet they tried to push Core prematurely, 3 died to the Core, Enemies got a Punisher Objective and the last 2 of us couldn't protect against 5 people and a Punisher for 40secs.

Feltbadman

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand what you are saying, but I still think the system is not doing good job at keeping clarity and actually correcting people.

It does punish people, but doesn't solve anything in long run. Which should be the actual goal as I don't think all "toxic" players are actually bad people, we all have a little bit of darkness in us which surfaces in certain situations and sometimes we need clues to notice it started to cross the line.

If Blizzard did better job at punishing an actual bad behaviour instead of this automated crap, the "clueless noobs" would be more willing to listen to proper advices when they wouldn't assume everybody talking is an asshole trying to hurt their ego.

I think you need immediate reaction while you still care and frustration is not high enough.
    Usually these systems don't judge based on a single game, but look for a repeated behavior, again, since we don't have any inside information about them i'll still keep referencing old LoLs tribunal system - you never got a case of a player who just had a bad game, all of cases that end up on tribunal are repeated offenders (aka, someone who got on tribunal for the very first time may have up to 10 (at least that's the biggest number of games i personally seen) reported games)
    It heavily depends on person, i would never ever put someone else enjoyment of the game over mine, so even if i feel salty or angry over one particular game i always give my best, i clearly remember that i've intentionally left just two games in my whole life (one being a wc3 dota game on medusa, i've completed building linken but threw tantrum (har-har) over non-game-related thing with my parents and walked outside, second, second being a LoL game when my wife called me in the middle of the night and said that she doesn't feel safe walking alone from friends house). I always schedule my time so nothing ordinary can interrupt me from playing, because i feel weight of responsibility for ruining other peoples fun from playing a game.

the "clueless noobs" (aka, anyone you meet in random matchmaking) will never listen to "proper" (i put that in quotation marks to emphasis that what you think is proper advice is not always proper advice, since you don't know whole picture of why other player does what he does, you do not know what decisions he've made to end up in this situation. For example, you may say "Illidan you shouldn't stay on line pushing you should join us on a temple fight", but you do not know that this Illidan knew that he had options to stay, push, grab level 14 for talent advantage and swoop in with the hunt, but he miscalculated exp he've got from kill the fort and miscalculated time he needs to bring it down, didn't get level 14 and was too late to join the fight to make an impact. So your "proper advice" may appear to him as an insult, because you are not an omnipotent being and he knew more about situation he had at hands, he knew about risks, he knows that he failed, the last thing he needs is his teammates pointing it out, probably triggering him or putting in bad game spirit) advice. They are strangers, you don't know them, they don't know you. "Proper advice" only works with people you know, trust and/or respect their opinion. Or when you are completely oblivious to the game and know it (which isn't the case, because no one in this thread ever gets matched with such players)

Immediate reaction is not needed, it'll only lead to overwatch-style report abuse. Players shouldn't be playing the game if they feel fatigued or frustrated, they should turn it off, turn around and walk for a bit or whatever they do to calm themselves. Blizzard shouldn't be treating players as small kids. I personally don't want blizzard (or other players for arguments sake) to decide whether or not i'm eligible to play at this specific time, based on vague interpretation of my mood or performance.
    Speaking of which - SC2 ladder is a good teacher, when you don't feel like playing (and that's a game where everything is only your fault and there is no one else to blame ), you will end up dropping from diamond into fucking gold in a matter of 20 forced games. So that kinda taught me that playing in wrong mood is negatively impacts your ability to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meat Rubbing Specialist View Post
    On-topic. Had a Sad game earlier today where my team was steamrolling most the match yet they tried to push Core prematurely, 3 died to the Core, Enemies got a Punisher Objective and the last 2 of us couldn't protect against 5 people and a Punisher for 40secs.
    Yesterday we lost a game to Tyrael suicide into 10% core. We won 4v5 teamfight while he was dead and he just run towards our core, no creeps, no mercs, nothing. We backed up, killed him, core was on 6% but his passive finished it. Super sad, at this point of the game if it wasn't Tyrael we would kill that player and steamrolled to their core, but nope, one out of 81 or how many characters we have in game, allowed them to do that thing.

Yesterday we lost a game to Tyrael suicide into 10% core. We won 4v5 teamfight while he was dead and he just run towards our core, no creeps, no mercs, nothing. We backed up, killed him, core was on 6% but his passive finished it. Super sad, at this point of the game if it wasn't Tyrael we would kill that player and steamrolled to their core, but nope, one out of 81 or how many characters we have in game, allowed them to do that thing.
    Yep, Tyrael's explosion does exactly 6% damage to the core. I've won a couple of games with it myself.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've done this a few times, and for reference there are actually a number of the 81 or how many characters we have in game that can do it, just most of them extend their time alive to do more damage rather than strike from the grave.

I have to admit bombing the core after a total team wipe and saving the day is the BEST feeling you can have as tyrael. Other than perfectially sanctifying a bunch of wombo combo ults

Two people legit telling me Yrel is really OP in a game. Yeah... low damage autos, slightly above damage full charge moves, and getting CC'd to death is OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Two people legit telling me Yrel is really OP in a game. Yeah... low damage autos, slightly above damage full charge moves, and getting CC'd to death is OP.
    shes op at knocking enemies out of the path of tyrandes owls!