Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    They are returning because they make money. Simple as that. They work, like it or not.
    I mean, they would make even more money if they just learn from their past mistakes, that way they don't have to support their games 5 years to come just to fix what was already working in a previous version.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I mean, they would make even more money if they just learn from their past mistakes, that way they don't have to support their games 5 years to come just to fix what was already working in a previous version.
    If that would bring them more money, they would do it.

If that would bring them more money, they would do it.
    I know you are trying to be clever, but the reason they don't do it (and that's my point) is because they can't, because it's messed up.
    This isn't about features that didn't make it to the game, it's about bugfixes and changes that have already happened.
    If you are telling me the company earns money by releasing the buggy mess isntead of the fixed mess again (which everyone enjoyed far more and keep in mind they have both versions of the game) then you are a silly man.

They are now spending money to do the same thing they already invested money into to fix. The consumer doesn't pay for it.

It's basically a "remaster" of a movie, but no one other than CA has to pay for it.

Like... how does CA earn money from me when they change unit behaviour/AI or unit stats to the point where they are not working correctly anymore? They will eventually get to the exact same point again, I can tell you that now and today. And when they are, I didn't pay for any DLC, patch or whatever.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-02 at 07:07 PM.

I know you are trying to be clever, but the reason they don't do it (and that's my point) is because they can't, because it's messed up.
    This isn't about features that didn't make it to the game, it's about bugfixes and changes that have already happened.
    If you are telling me the company earns money by releasing the buggy mess isntead of the fixed mess again (which everyone enjoyed far more and keep in mind they have both versions of the game) then you are a silly man.

They are now spending money to do the same thing they already invested money into to fix. The consumer doesn't pay for it.

It's basically a "remaster" of a movie, but no one other than CA has to pay for it.

Like... how does CA earn money from me when they change unit behaviour/AI or unit stats to the point where they are not working correctly anymore? They will eventually get to the exact same point again, I can tell you that now and today. And when they are, I didn't pay for any DLC, patch or whatever.
    Because in the land of the sort-term money grubbing, quarterly reports are the king.

They are not doing anything more than they done with previous games. Patch issues, release new content. It will take more time because the game get much more complicated. Either way they calculated how much time/money/manpower they need to spend after release for bugfixes. If you dont believe they have actual budget, projections and timeframe for all this then you are a non serious man.

You act like they were catch in the fire and runing like headless chickens. That they made bad buisness and work decisions. Maybe, but they were doing everything to ship a product that would sell well.

And they released it in not a buggy state. Game was perfectly playable. Or rather, they did not release it in any more buggied state than their modus operandi is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Because in the land of the sort-term money grubbing, quarterly reports are the king.
    They would make shittons of money of the dlc and after 2-3 years release another game with those same issues. Rinse and repeat and fans would make suprise pikachu face.

snip.
    I don't know what you don't get, but you don't save money by using the wrong unit stats and values or not using the knowledge you already have.
    It's really that simple.

Horrible pathfinding on maps is something that requires money (time) to work out.
    But when you think that adjusting unit values and mass is as well (values you already know), I don't know if you have actually played the game.

Modders are literally able to fix a lot of the things they messed up *completely* and it didn't take more than a day for stuff like that to be released on the workshop.

And when people don't play their game, they won't buy their DLCs. So whatever you mess up on launch will hurt you in the long run when you try to sell your additional stuff which is probably where you actually start to make money out of your game.
    Some return, but a lot of people don't - or do you think that when Mortal Empires drops, it will be the second most played game on steam again?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-02 at 10:35 PM.

I don't know what you don't get, but you don't save money by using the wrong unit stats and values or not using the knowledge you already have.
    It's really that simple.

Horrible pathfinding on maps is something that requires money (time) to work out.
    But when you think that adjusting unit values and mass is as well (values you already know), I don't know if you have actually played the game.

Modders are literally able to fix a lot of the things they messed up *completely* and it didn't take more than a day for stuff like that to be released on the workshop.

And when people don't play their game, they won't buy their DLCs. So whatever you mess up on launch will hurt you in the long run when you try to sell your additional stuff which is probably where you actually start to make money out of your game.
    Some return, but a lot of people don't - or do you think that when Mortal Empires drops, it will be the second most played game on steam again?
    I know i would then buy it, because im not interested in those gimmicky campaigns.

Everytime total war is released people are screaming that they fucked up, unplayable piece of shit, messed launch etc. Then they are either stubborn and unable to learn or they know how much bugs they can release at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    About fuckin time.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Oof, Q3.

Oh well. It will be worth the wait.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Oof, Q3.

Oh well. It will be worth the wait.
    Was expected. The roadmap already said IE would release Q3.

I am mostly wondering in what state it'll be. They say it's a beta; does that mean some features/races/characters might be missing on launch, or is it just a way to cover their asses for the inevitable avalanche of bugs and glitches? I'm hoping it is merely the latter but WH3's launch has tempered my excitement somewhat.

Also no news on the first Lord Pack, rumored to featured 4 Chaos characters.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, wake me up when it's playable. Announcement trailers stopped being interesting a while back.

5+ Year Old Account
    seems GW went big on game industry, 10+ new games based on warhammer... damn
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    The IP is what GW is banking on for making its money - they license so many games every year it isn't funny.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Including a boomer shooter. That I certainly didn't expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Testiculos View Post
    Only thing missing is Balthazar Gelt yelling "Balthazar Gelt!"

Immortal empires map is out.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tww3-t...l-empires-map/

Ind and Khuresh are there but blank and not traversable at release.

I wish they had been a bit bolder with the Sea Lanes. Rather then just connect the east and west side of the map I could have liked for them to make it easier for the Old World to get to Cathay. Add one from near Ulthuan/Skavenblight to Cathay.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...n_of_me_vs_ie/

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...p_comparisons/

they have added many provinces to existing lands and east and south of cathay, south chaos wastes .
    Last edited by Maximus Testiculos; 2022-06-23 at 07:32 AM.