Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I don't think it means sooner than expected, personally. Still on track for a June release imo. I'd expect some sort of zone-wide flat nerf when T18 opens, but they might even nerf this fight further since Fox is going away. Expecting a lot of Clefthoof selling this xpac with so much time to do it.
    Not to mention the fact that you can skip straight to Blackhand

Wouldn't be suprised if they make the Blackhand Mount reduced in drop rate... not 1-2%, high enough that all raiders can get it but low enough so that selling it isn't worth it otherwise literally everybody will have the mount by the end of the xpac
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libretto View Post
    Nerf probably makes it 3-healable pretty consistently now
    First two phases definitely 3-healable with this nerf, but you'd probably have to bring triple throughput healer to even get close to 3-healing P3. It'd be a complete shitfest even with the added DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    First two phases definitely 3-healable with this nerf, but you'd probably have to bring triple throughput healer to even get close to 3-healing P3. It'd be a complete shitfest even with the added DPS.
    Well bring 5 shadow priests

I am glad for this chance as it really only has a baring for melee. Ranged can get far enough away with Fox and them being ranged but I always felt bad being melee and the only damage reduction I have is 20% on Divine Protection for 8 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Brilynn View Post

Yeah, if he could just stop marking our balcony goers that'd be greeeeeaaaaat
    But the only hard part of the fight is making sure you get the balconies. Just tank boss right next to siege engine and have druids blink through, make it reliably for every smash. No issues unless they derp and blink/run into a bomb in the rush to get to the circle/tank is too far from the opposite balcony to get over.

It's been done with disc/pally/sham (1x throughput healer) already:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&phase=3

You can see their paladin dies during the 1->2 transistion or something, and they have no ress. Means they effectively 3 healed everything but P1.

Deleted
    Phase 3 has been easily 3-healable since the big nerf to health and smash dmg. Phase 1 is/was the one that "required" 4 healers.
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2015-05-08 at 07:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Phase 3 has been easily 3-healable since the big nerf to health and smash dmg. Phase 1 is/was the one that "required" 4 healers.
    Huh. Odd. We always seem to struggle much less with healing in P1 than we do in P3, but then our DPS are unrelentingly mediocre at doing P3 efficiently, never mind correctly.

Deleted
    Is blackhand even going to be doable without fox? I mean, before outgearing it with 725 gear?

Deleted
    This nerf will help Melee DPS, especially platy ones like warriors, who are the first to get benched. Nothing more, nothing less. So it's okay, since it won't substantially change p1 or make it a lot easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post

HFC must be coming sooner than expected.
    nah its just proving how fucked up was the tuning in first place if boss gets nerfed this many times nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiite View Post
    Is blackhand even going to be doable without fox? I mean, before outgearing it with 725 gear?

Easily. We have 2x foxes and we have to stop dps entirely from the start of the first demo till we end it, or we'd push midway through shit falling from the roof and killing us. We get down ~10-15 seconds before fourth demo spawns.
    Along with this, we fox first and third Demo, meaning essentially DPS only benefits from the fox in first demo, as they're sitting on their hands during third. Second fox is entirely for the benefit of the healers.

Remember, this boss was done in 10 ilvls less average than most guilds that aren't even in the top 1000 has now, before multiple nerfs.

AS for people going "HFC must come sooner than expected" and the likes, I don't think that's the reason. It's more likely that this is a balance change. This only really affects melee (that does not have the ability to move away from grey shit as far / easily), same with the massive shattering nerf etc... They're just making the boss less about setups. It might be a nerf, sure, but it's not for the benefit of scoring a ton of quick kills before HFC (if it was, they need to adress P2, not P1 difficulty); It's merely a stabilizer for guilds without top tuned rosters.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2015-05-08 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    If you had attempted the fight, you would know that this nerf changes absolutely nothing. Demolition damage in p1 is not the problem.
    Matter of perspective. For me personally, the intensity of the fight is all in phase 1 - after that the fight becomes a boring walk in the park for me where others enjoy the challenge of the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Matter of perspective. For me personally, the intensity of the fight is all in phase 1 - after that the fight becomes a boring walk in the park for me where others enjoy the challenge of the thing.

That's your personal view, though. Just because you're more likely to die in P1 than 2/3 due to damage as a ret paladin, and P2 being a snoozefest because you're one of the 3 melee out baiting fire doesn't change that the fight overall is at its most intense during P2. There's way more things that you can fuck up in P2 than there is in P1/3 - you just happen to be one of the three guys who get's a free pass from the hectic part of the fight because firebaiting is a thing.

As Casagrande says; P1 is not the issue. If you had more P1 wipes due to demolition damage than you had P2 wipes due to fuckups, you're in a very odd guild.

Great, now I don't have to sit defensive stance anymore during most of p1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    As Casagrande says; P1 is not the issue. If you had more P1 wipes due to demolition damage than you had P2 wipes due to fuckups, you're in a very odd guild.
    That's the point of these nerfs, though. The guilds still needing to kill it are increasingly odd - was a fair old while before anyone killed it with 8 melee DPS in anything like its original state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    That's the point of these nerfs, though. The guilds still needing to kill it are increasingly odd - was a fair old while before anyone killed it with 8 melee DPS in anything like its original state.
    They don't know our pain Thete... leave them be! T^T

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a... Bizarre nerf. Just helps guilds who already farm it to farm it faster by dropping a healer >.>
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

pretty justified nerf for when fox is removed, might as well implement it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jce4ever View Post
    500-600 in a week :O
    Well half of a percent is pretty ridiculous after 3 months.
    Outrageous even.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Well half of a percent is pretty ridiculous after 3 months.
    Outrageous even.
    What's Outrageous is that someone thinks P1 is such a big obstacle to get through that it'll double the amount of kills in a reset. I mean, wat.