Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well that video was touted as the Superb Owl commercial from the moment it was uploaded. For such a general audience a general franchise ad with a hint of Pokémon Go is better than ad for any specific game.

- - - Updated - - -

Has any Pokémon media ever potrayed a situation where a capture -mode PokéBall has been thrown at a human?
    I think the anime has(could've sworn Ash comically threw a Pokeball at someone who they thought was a Pokemon?), but I can't recall any specific episodes or scenes.

I DO recall a commercial break-short on WBkids where Ash got trapped in a Pokeball, but that was back when I was real little and I don't think that's canon media. I doubt you could find it.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

i remember team rocket getting a pokeball thrown at them once but i dont think anyones ever gotten sent inside one
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i remember team rocket getting a pokeball thrown at them once but i dont think anyones ever gotten sent inside one
    Yeah, it doesn't seem to work on humans in any case. Which is funny, because Pokeballs work on just about everything else, including items. I guess the creators just don't want to think about what would happen to a human if they got caught in a Pokeball. The ramifications of that would be kind of frightening, really.

PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    The ramifications of that would be kind of frightening, really.
    YAY! Slavery!

especially since in the games its implied humans are pokemon.

although since pokeballs cant catch pokemon tagged to other balls maybe it has a counter measure against capturing human pokemon since they own themselves
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    especially since in the games its implied humans are pokemon.

although since pokeballs cant catch pokemon tagged to other balls maybe it has a counter measure against capturing human pokemon since they own themselves
    Yeah, I was about to bring that up. The Pokemon universe is weird. Maybe so? I mean, that would sorta make sense. /shrug

PM if you add me!

A gentleman and a scholar.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Blaziken IRL

I'm not super big in Pokemon. I played Gen 1, and I'm in love with Pokemon Snap (seriously, come on, sequel now). But I picked up Omega Ruby recently because I wanted to try something more recent, and I love the streamlining of allowing you to reuse TM's, and XP Share making grinding a little less important. I tried doing everything without a guide or any kind of strategy, so I could just use the pokemon I thought were cool. Out of what I ended up with, I think Ralts was my favorite, even though I don't know shit about Fairy type (speaking of, that steel/flying thing is OP, like how Magnemite is). I had the item that boosted Draining Kiss' healing, and it made her a nice weapon. Of course, you get free legendaries in the game, so it's hard to really explore it when you can just mega evolve Latios and wreck everything. And of course, Blaziken OP. But if I do end up starting over and playing through again, I wouldn't mind some advice on what to try. I didn't necessarily stick around to see what I could catch and what was in each zone.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-02-09 at 05:50 AM.

Welcome Pendulous! As for another play-through, you could always try and do a nuzlocke or nuzlocke variant. A nuzlocke is basically like playing the game on hard mode with permadeath for your pokemon. Not only does it make the game more intense and makes you more invested in your pokemon, it also lets you use pokemon you may not have even thought of before. There are 3 basic rules:

1. If a pokemon faints, it is considered DEAD and must either be released or put in a special "death box" in your pc so you can look back on your failures and the pokemon who trusted you.

2. You can only catch the first encounter in each area/route. If you fail to catch it for any reason, then you forfeit your encounter for that area. This makes it so you can't pick and chose your party of the strongest pokemon available, you have to use what you get. This gives some other pokemon a chance to shine.

3. You must nickname every pokemon you get. This allows you to create more of a bond with your pokemon.

There are also some other optional rules like duplicate/species clause which let you get another encounter in an area if your first encounter was a pokemon you already have, or a member of it's evolutionary family. For example, you catch Zigzagoone on route 102, then go to route 103 and your first encounter is another Zigzagoone, you can get another encounter until you get a different pokemon. Similarly, if you caught that Zigzagoone on route102, and later on route 119 encountered a Linoone, you could get a different pokemon as well. Some people put rules limiting healing in battle or even pokemon center usage, but those are up to you.

Another version of the nuzlocke you can do in the 6th gen games is called a wonderlocke. Same rules as the nuzlocke, except instead of using the pokemon you catch, you wonder trade them. This can be really fun because you never know what you will get. Someone might send you a Poocheyana, or you might get something incredibly powerful like a competitively bred Larvitar. If you do a wonderlocke, duplicate clause is a must otherwise you will only end up with Zigzagoone, Poochyena, and Magikarp.

ALTERNATIVELY, you could get Pokemon X or Y and playthrough the Kalos games. Personally, I enjoyed them more than ORAS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, I've seen Nuzlockes. I loved Projared's Gen 1 Nuzlocke (All hail the mighty Nuptup). But no, I don't think it's for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh yeah, I've seen Nuzlockes. I loved Projared's Gen 1 Nuzlocke (All hail the mighty Nuptup). But no, I don't think it's for me.
    Oh well, you can still use Wonder Trade to make a team in a next playthrough or even do a mono-type run. My original Alpha Sapphire playthrough was actually a mono-grass run with this squad:

Or as I said, try to get your hands on X/Y and give those a go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finaly Serena pokemon evolved:
    http://shrani.si/f/2o/Sy/3cvn0zSq/eeeeeeveeee.png
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Can't say it is too surprising, out of all of them that one was the one I think we all knew was going to be a Sylveon. We haven't had an Eevee yet that evolved outside of the current generation. Gary's evolved into Umbreon during Gen 2, May's Eevee evolved into Glaceon during Gen 4, and the pattern continues.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2016-02-09 at 01:20 PM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Sylveon the dragonslayer is a beast tho
    I like my coffe like my mages.

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2016...orocoro-comic/

Ummm.. folks. New Pokemon to be announced in this month's issue of Coro Coro. Names Magiana and here's a silhouette.

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS!

dat Waifu silhuette...

- - - Updated - - -

That CoroCoro cover is as legit as it gets, it's taken from the TV advert for the March issue:

(To those who don't know, generally in Japan the "X month's issue" of a magazine comes out during the previous month, for reasons. So this Pokémon will be revealed on the CoroCoro issue that will come to sale next week in Japan. Expect leaked images soon!)

- - - Updated - - -

Mechawaifu confirmed.

Steel/Fairy?
    Steel/Psychic?
    Steel/Ghost?

Just Steel?

CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS!

dat Waifu silhuette...

- - - Updated - - -

That CoroCoro cover is as legit as it gets, it's taken from the TV advert for the March issue:

(To those who don't know, generally in Japan the "X month's issue" of a magazine comes out during the previous month, for reasons. So this Pokémon will be revealed on the CoroCoro issue that will come to sale next week in Japan. Expect leaked images soon!)

- - - Updated - - -

Mechawaifu confirmed.

Steel/Fairy?
    Steel/Psychic?
    Steel/Ghost?

Just Steel?

Deleted

Mechawaifu confirmed.

Steel/Fairy?
    Steel/Psychic?
    Steel/Ghost?

Just Steel?
    Mecha Diancie?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even.....