Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

15+ Year Old Account
    https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2018...fter-20-years/ well this is almost the second coming unless we get an oot beta release. Also I have the rom if anybody is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    https://daily.pokecommunity.com/2018...fter-20-years/ well this is almost the second coming unless we get an oot beta release. Also I have the rom if anybody is interested.
    Is it playable yet? Last I read you had to hack to go to other areas and it wasn't really working yet
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Is it playable yet? Last I read you had to hack to go to other areas and it wasn't really working yet
    I played up the cheating ass rival battle where he has a level 10 meowth

I don't see how it would be a lesser version of go. Most casuals won't notice any of the changes aside from no wild battles/other gen Pokemon. I dislike those changes.
    that's exactly how it's a lesser version. Only one generation of Pokemon. No updates. no raids. No breeding or eggs. No gyms. It's a lesser version of Pokemon go. it's basically a bare-bones version of the game. It's also not quite on par with the hardcore games. It's basically right in the middle and not a very good middle
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    that's exactly how it's a lesser version. Only one generation of Pokemon. No updates. no raids. No breeding or eggs. No gyms. It's a lesser version of Pokemon go. it's basically a bare-bones version of the game. It's also not quite on par with the hardcore games. It's basically right in the middle and not a very good middle
    i know i and most pokemon fans will take real gyms over pokemon gos gyms any fuckin day, i didnt know go had added in breeding though, dont know what raids are.

i never really played much of go but from what i always gathered it didnt provide much of an experience and was just a geolocation game with pokemon added onto it, wheras lets go is mostly a main series pokemon game except it changes how you catch and interact with wild pokemon.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account

So true....
    Don't sweat the details!!!

i know i and most pokemon fans will take real gyms over pokemon gos gyms any fuckin day, i didnt know go had added in breeding though, dont know what raids are.

i never really played much of go but from what i always gathered it didnt provide much of an experience and was just a geolocation game with pokemon added onto it, wheras lets go is mostly a main series pokemon game except it changes how you catch and interact with wild pokemon.
    Pokemon go doesn't have breeding but it does have eggs. I also believe they are planning to add breeding though. Real gyms are a lot better but compared to a game that is updating it's lacking replayability. I would definitely prefer this over Pokemon go though. It's just the fact that it won't update that makes it lackluster compared to it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

So true....
    Yeah it is. It's a wonder the anime is still going when he is constantly going through a cycle of becoming weaker and then going back to maybe where he was. After all two competitions he's been through it's funny that he went to a Pokemon School. I know that cycle is why I stopped watching as a kid because it got boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks interesting:

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...view?sle=true#

Cyndaquil instead of a honōguma/Flambear
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Tentaquil was real!

This brings back memories

give eletric tiger mouse thing and black cat with a bell! now!

10+ Year Old Account
    I like haunter on that

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Gengar looks like a boss.

10+ Year Old Account

#teameevee

Deleted
    No Totodile family in the original designs but there is a proto-Popplio family. Interesting.

Also, proto-Girafarig was kinda a nightmare fuel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive has dreams of them and to finally actually play it made my month

cant wait for an english patch

While I'm upset that LGPE isn't the Gen 8 game that I've been waiting for, it looks good enough for me.

I don't like that most of the mechanics seem to be heavily watered down because of Go's influence. But I don't care, because this seems like a great way to introduce my 5 year old niece to the Pokémon games. She already LOVES Pikachu, and the fact that I can just jump in and help her play without taking the controller from her should make it more fun for the both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraynor View Post
    While I'm upset that LGPE isn't the Gen 8 game that I've been waiting for, it looks good enough for me.

I don't like that most of the mechanics seem to be heavily watered down because of Go's influence. But I don't care, because this seems like a great way to introduce my 5 year old niece to the Pokémon games. She already LOVES Pikachu, and the fact that I can just jump in and help her play without taking the controller from her should make it more fun for the both of us.
    the game they announced last year isnt lets go. gen 8 is still coming for switch its just been delayed, this was made by the usum team so its basically an extra game so we dont have a gap year and will start a new series

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Gotta agree with you. I tried to return, but they couldn't even keep their servers up during the community event they did last week. So I missed the entire thing due to not being able to log on. I just don't see them managing to get go to work with the switch, nor keep it working.
    I honestly don't know which game you tried but as someone who's been playing PoGo since launch, I have my doubts we play the same game. There are sometimes issues during CD, but those issues are not connected to servers stability as far as I know. There were troubles with PTC login but as PTC login servers are not part of the game I fail to see how you could blame that on Niantic.

Oh and before I forget, nah go+ works just fine. If you're iphone user that's it (there are generally issues with bt peripherals connectivity under android).