Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why do the people who play on private servers hate people who don't? For instance, in the thread on our forum about Nost being shut down, multiple people were banned for telling retail players that they should kill themselves.

The answer is that people, online, lose any social inhibitions.
    Multiple people were also infracted for calling out fake posters who ironically weren't banned.

How's that for on topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Nice buzzwords there. How new and unexpected
    Oh bro you're back, you in for another 24+ hour posting marathon?

OT: Both sides are asses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    edit: who am I kidding, you're one of these people lol
    Really? I played on Nostalrius.

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    Except you left out the part about how these "retail players" are actually specifically people who spend their time to celebrate other people no longer having fun. They go out of their way to defend Blizzard on an indefensible position. These kinds of people deserve any "kill yourself" comments they get. Don't make it sound like private server players hate everyone that plays retail, they only hate the shitheads who defend everything Blizzard does for no reason.

edit: who am I kidding, you're one of these people lol
    Lol telling someone to kill themselves over a VIDEO GAME. Yeah totally deserved. Both sides are just as bad in this argument and their is no defense for either side. The retail fanboys gloating over it or the Nost fanboys telling people to go kill themselves. Both sides are at an equal wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Lol telling someone to kill themselves over a VIDEO GAME. Yeah totally deserved. Both sides are just as bad in this argument and their is no defense for either side. The retail fanboys gloating over it or the Nost fanboys telling people to go kill themselves. Both sides are at an equal wrong here.
    Well, no, since one side has law behind them and the other side doesn't.

False equivalence is false.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Well, no, since one side has law behind them and the other side doesn't.

False equivalence is false.
    I meant in the insults sense. No side deserves it. The server got shut down lawfully as more private servers in the future will, doesn't mean both sides have to go into a insult contest over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    Multiple people were also infracted for calling out fake posters who ironically weren't banned.

How's that for on topic.
    Maybe they weren't fake posters?

It seems like simple jealousy. Here, you are playing a game you are enjoying for free. And they are paying for the same game (well at least in name) that they seem to not even enjoy as much. Misery loves company?

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they weren't fake posters?
    Based on the time the accounts were create, and yours and there's post history, that's enough evidence to say otherwise. You commented for 24+ straight hours. New accounts were created just to talk in the private server threads.

Based on the time the accounts were create, and yours and there's post history, that's enough evidence to say otherwise. You commented for 24+ straight hours.
    Now you've lost me.

It's one big conspiracy right?

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Now you've lost me.

It's one big conspiracy right?
    Don't play dumb, easy to look at your post history as it is others. 24 hours of posting gives rise to suspicion.

Stop derailing threads
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-10 at 04:06 PM.

Is it wrong to think these threads keep popping up to cause more drama within the community ? You asked "why do official forums have so much hate on private servers?" . I think the question is why should the shit storm of private server posts even be allowed on the forums for live servers in the first place . I feel that would be as if thousands of live players came onto the nost forums and started bitching about why you don't play live . I could be wrong because I have never been there .. I just still feel the entitlement of the nost players is massive and that these threads need to stop running in circles for 9000+ posts. People complain on the forums or make a change.org campaign . Blizzard said no to legacy servers but why not do something like write them a letter and not post on forums or do something to actually show the private players still care about blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Everyone knows Blizzard has every right to shut it down, that was never in question.
    The issue is: Is Blizzard right in doing so?
    Absolutely. No question about it.

They are also right in their stance about not making legacy realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Absolutely. No question about it.

They are also right in their stance about not making legacy realms.
    If there was no "question about it", this issue would have not gotten this amount of drama about it. Absolutes are bad, champ.

Don't play dumb, easy to look at your post history as it is others. 24 hours of posting gives rise to suspicion.
    If I was posting 24+ hours straight (which I wasn't), how does that require "fake posting"/multiple people using the same account? And how would that be against the rules?

Get your conspiracy story straight.

If there was no "question about it", this issue would have not gotten this amount of drama about it. Absolutes are bad, champ.
    Because they should have ignored someone using their IP without permission?

Just because a few vanilladrones are upset that Blizzard closed their free nostalgia trip, doesn't make Blizzard legally or ethically wrong, champ.

there is no question about it , all the drama is just people who are to dense to see why they closed it down

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    If I was posting 24+ hours straight (which I wasn't), how does that require "fake posting"/multiple people using the same account? And how would that be against the rules?

Get your conspiracy story straight.
    Your post history and time stamps says otherwise. I already found several accounts with a few posts only in these threads. Both sides are just making accounts to post their beliefs. No conspiracy story, just facts. Not saying it was you who made fake accounts, I'm saying it exists.
    Last edited by Random010203; 2016-04-10 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You guys should be sure to tell any future employers that you consider obeying laws to be optional.
    Well I'm certainly saying to my employers I'm getting my moral compass from ethics and not from corporate profits. Sorry if I don't consider jaywalking a crime worthy of the Wrath of Justice.

(well actually not sorry at all, rather worried for the drones who do instead)

Quote Originally Posted by Truculentt View Post
    well I think the nost people are just reacting to being attacked. I mean.. the hostility toward them since this happened, from the retail community, has been INSANE.

and if you ever visited nosts forums, it was such a pleasant place.
    Yup just like when bank robbers shoot at cops. They are just defending themselves because they were just minding their own business stealing when the cops attack them.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Well I'm certainly saying to my employers I'm getting my moral compass from ethics and not from corporate profits. Sorry if I don't consider jaywalking a crime worthy of the Wrath of Justice.

(well actually not sorry at all, rather worried for the drones who do instead)
    Implying jaywalking is the same as taking a companies IP and hosting it without consent.