Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Here we go, the person who says hillary is guilty even though not persecuted but Trump is innocent until persecuted. Bill paid hundreds of thousands to not admit guilt for rape and that means he is guilty but Trump paid hundreds of thousands for racism against black tennants but he didn't admit guilt so he isn't guilty. Double standard much?
    I have weighed the evidence against both candidates. I've watched the congressional hearings about Clinton's emails and the FBI director spelling out the fact that she broke the law but would not be prosecuted because he didn't think he could prove it in court, even though he had more than enough evidence to put several people in jail if not Clinton herself, yet all he handed out was immunity agreements in conjunction with the Department of Justice. (appointed by Obama)

I've read the story of the woman who claims she was raped by Trump. It defies logic. It's literally indefensible nonsense, there was no rape and there is no investigation and there never was. I'm waiting for more convincing evidence against Trump. He hasn't been in a public office that he was capable of abusing, though I have little doubt that he'll do whatever he thinks he can get away with; the problem is I think Clinton will think she can get away with more, because she already has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truculentt View Post
    tClinton will just have the media "favor" the potential candidates that have the highest chance of dividing the republican party. That's exactly that she did with trump.
    Clinton divided the Republican Party? You're trying to get away with that? And you majored in marketing, you say?

Neither McCain nor Trump have convinced you of anything. The media has more influence on its viewers decision making than any candidate.
    You really need to stop blaming everything on the media and the color of peoples skin, it's like a broken record. I'm completely capable of coming to my own decisions and the media doesn't control me just because I happen to disagree with you. I know that media are biased and that is because the media is composed of humans with opinions and I for one am not gullible enough to swallow everything the media tells me and I am not gullible enough to believe one media over the other just because I agree with what they say.

Sometimes people disagree with you because they don't agree with you and it has nothing to do with the media they watch. I personally don't agree with anything the Alt-Wrong spews, and I don't need the media to tell me that the Alt-Wrong are a sign that people have been raised wrong and have severe psychological disorders.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-10-12 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Long story short, the poll that consistently has Trump doing better than the rest (the LA USC one) is doing so because they weight one guy like 30 times more than the average, and he's voting for Trump.
    Short story longer, even they don't think Trump will win the presidential election. They admit "Donald Trump has already lost that one several times over"

Here we go, the person who says hillary is guilty even though not persecuted but Trump is innocent until persecuted. Bill paid hundreds of thousands to not admit guilt for rape and that means he is guilty but Trump paid hundreds of thousands for racism against black tennants but he didn't admit guilt so he isn't guilty. Double standard much?
    Keep on drink that Kool-aid. Trump just happened to be attached to the same business that was claimed in that lawsuit. He was not directly racist towards those people. He has hired thousands of minorities.
    While Bill has shown decades of womanizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If your studies into psychology, specifically as it relates to marketing, told you "nice people are dangerous" then I would hate to see your aggressive-ass sales pitch. "BUY MY F#%$ING PRODUCT!"
    heh.. something like that, yeah. I hate sales for that very reason.

There are striking resemblances between psychopathy and sales/public relations.

10+ Year Old Account
    heh.. something like that, yeah. I hate sales for that very reason.

There are striking resemblances between psychopathy and sales/public relations.
    Holy shit, I was being sarcastic. Really? Wow. Glad I'm in mathematics.

Course...Trump is a salesman...so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither McCain nor Trump have convinced you of anything. The media has more influence on its viewers decision making than any candidate.
    Not when Trump does perfectly well on his own via debates, twitter, and his own released videos. Let's not pretend that we don't have plenty of primary source material to work with here.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

You really need to stop blaming everything on the media and the color of peoples skin, it's like a broken record. I'm completely capable of coming to my own decisions and the media doesn't control me just because I happen to disagree with you. I know that media are biased and that is because the media is composed of humans with opinions and I for one am not gullible enough to swallow everything the media tells me and I am not gullible enough to believe one media over the other just because I agree with what they say.

Sometimes people disagree with you because they don't agree with you and it has nothing to do with the media they watch. I personally don't agree with anything the Alt-Wrong spews, and I don't need the media to tell me that the Alt-Wrong and a sign that people have been raised wrong and have severe psychological disorders.

I realize I'm a downer, but Im not blaming. I'm explaining the statistics of it all. there's a reason why hundreds of millions get spent on marketing just for this election. It works. and there is a science to it.

I dont disagree with any of that, but you have to acknowledge that that's just not how it works in the end.
    But you see, over here in Fantasy America...

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN just took Trump out behind the science shed and spanked him with statistics. It's alarming how much wrong Trump can get in a single topic.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Not when Trump does perfectly well on his own via debates, twitter, and his own released videos. Let's not pretend that we don't have plenty of primary source material to work with here.
    welp... can't argue that.

Media says: TRUMP IS SEXIST.

Viewer: hmm... lets check his twitter account

Trump tweet: FUCK YOU BITCH

Viewer: /confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    He brags about trying hard to fuck Nancy O'Dell, which she confirmed, during a time when his wife Melania was pregnant with his child. He goes on to mention how you can just grab womens pussies, which a lot of you are trying to say was just locker room talk and joking around but there are several women that have come forward to say he had done just that. One could say he was joking or exagerating had no one come forward to confirm the story but it has been confirmed.
    You may have missed what I thought was pretty obvious sarcasm in my post.

But he probably does eat his own boogers in the shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    But you see, over here in Fantasy America...
    more like nightmare, but it is the real world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Clinton divided the Republican Party? You're trying to get away with that? And you majored in marketing, you say?
    sorry to break it to you, but yeah, it was their plan all along. read the wikileaks.

have to give the guy credit, in hindsight it was absolutely brilliant.

they had the media pump candidates that would end up dividing the republican base.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay, everyone. Ted Cruz has been located taking an extended lunch break. You can call off your search.

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    The Mormons have come out of this looking pretty good.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry to break it to you, but yeah, it was their plan all along. read the wikileaks.
    Yeah, no.

First of all, once again I refuse to take the word of a thief working for Putin at face value.

Secondly, Trump literally began his run with a line about Mexico exporting rapists. There is a zero percent chance Clinton had anything to do with that.

Sorry, the GOP civil war is completely it's own fault. They nominated him, they have to deal with it. At best, Clinton might have pushed the press to give her front-row seats as the party rips itself to shreds.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Keep on drink that Kool-aid. Trump just happened to be attached to the same business that was claimed in that lawsuit. He was not directly racist towards those people. He has hired thousands of minorities.
    While Bill has shown decades of womanizing.
    It was his property, he was directly involved in it, he was directly the cause of the law suit, he just happened to be sued along with other property owners and he settled it so he wouldn't have to admit guilt, so if you are going to bleed Bill over settling without admiting guilt then you have to hold both sides of the coin to the same standard and not make exceptions just because you like one of them more than the other.

You either nail both of them as being guilty without admitting guilt or neither of them are guilty until they admit guilt. You can't have it both ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I know Conway does this stuff for a living, but the stress has clearly gotten to her sloppy phrasing.

"We want the support of anybody who’s going to publicly endorse us," Conway said. "But enough of the pussyfooting around in terms of, you know, do you support us or do you not support us?"

That's right. She wants to grab the GOP by the pussyfooting.

I wish I could make this stuff up.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit. Rudy Giullani just told a crowd of people “Yes, yes [Clinton] helped to get benefits for the people who were injured that day. But I heard her say she was there that day. I was there that day, I don’t remember seeing Hillary Clinton,”

THERE ARE PICTURES OF THE TWO TOGETHER THE VERY NEXT DAY. YOU DISINGENUOUS MOTHERFUCKER.

10+ Year Old Account
    welp... can't argue that.

Media says: TRUMP IS SEXIST.

Viewer: hmm... lets check his twitter account

Trump tweet: FUCK YOU BITCH

Viewer: /confirmed.
    More like:

Viewer: I'm going to look at what the candidates are saying.
    Media: Wow, Trump has said some crazy shit and is a bigot.
    Viewer: Really? I'd better look into that for myself to see if it's really true.
    Media: Here are some short clips to prove our point of view.
    Viewer: I'm actually going to watch full primary sourced videos of Trump speeches so I can see for myself and make an opinion.
    .... ....
    Holy shit, Trump has said some insanely bigoted things and also speaks like a 9 year old with a learning disability.

But you're right, actually. Primary sources can't be argued, they can only be interpreted. That's their inherent nature. Once they're interpreted, those interpretations become secondary sources, and those can be argued against because they're people's opinions of the primary source. Trump's statements are fact, in that it is factual that he said them (the only one who falsely disputes this is him, but that's a totally other story). They are primary sources. Your interpretation of the meaning in those statements is your personal opinion, therefore it is a secondary source.

Basically what you're saying is that no one is able to form their own ideas because they've seen media releases in the past. For instance, seeing how fuckin weird Trump acted in the second debate is meaningless, and any opinion you form based on it should be dismissed, because at some point you may have watched the news.

Trump makes a ludicrous statement, you watch him do it live. You see the whole thing. You form an opinion based on watched his actual actions and words. Whoops, too bad apparently your opinion is irrelevant because "the media planted it in your head" before you even watched him speak? Get real. If you actually believe that nonsense then you essentially believe that no one is able to form a personal opinion about anything in existence because somewhere along the way the media has brainwashed them.

Wear brand names? The media absolutely told you to do so.
    Don't wear brand names? The media told you to do that too! Counterculture!
    Like Nickelback? Way to buck the trend, but too bad you only like them because the media said they're unfairly maligned.
    Don't like Nickelback? You would, but the media told you not to like such a lame and safe commercial band.

This is what I have to say to you and your silly opinion: it's dismissable because the media planted it in your head.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I see. You've stocked up on rolls of tinfoil. Wikileaks is no more or less a primary source than Trump's own speeches, tweets, and releases are. If you believe you can form an opinion regarding one but not the other you're a hypocrite.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-10-12 at 07:45 PM.