Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    With all of these fake polls coming out showing Hillary and Trump neck and neck, or Trump winning in a land slide... you know, the polls that have been "fixed" to account for "liberal media bias", just wait until Trump loses. And yes, he will lose. The Trumple Legion of Losers will kick and scream, pointing back to said polls claiming the election was rigged for Hillary to win no matter what.

Bookmark this post if you want, it's going to happen. They can't seem to stand the idea that their world view is in the minority, and more and more people are jumping off the sinking ship, so they're constantly reassuring themselves that everyone likes the way they think by "fixing polls to account for liberal bias."

House and Senate Republicans are already playing damage control, urging voters to not stay home because Trump has become so unpopular even among Republicans. They're sending out various messages like "Look, you need to come out and vote for us so we can keep Hillary in check!" They know that Trump has put their seats in serious jeopardy by creating huge Republican voter apathy through his actions.
    I remember people continually saying how ridiculous it was to suggest Britain would actually vote for a Brexit, that despite polls looking even nobody would possibly go out in big numbers and vote to leave the EU.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    International borders isn't something that should be taken lightly
    There are many ways of dealing with that, and sanctions do nothing to deter Russians. Perhaps it's time to try different approach.

Also how can Trump and his followers defend this? A takeover by those immigrants at the expense of the local native population
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_Tatars
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia...r_Soviet_times
    If Trump was a bit consistent he would have called out on those illegal mass immigration
    You know that Russia isn't Soviet Union, right? And that migration happened from decades to centuries ago?

Crimean Tatars are also better off with Russia at the moment - for example, their language is officially recognized and has to be accepted and provided by all official institutions in Crimea. That wasn't the case with Ukraine.

With same line of reasoning you could argue that Texas should be given back to Mexico because it was theirs at some point (and because it has Mexicans coming back from across the border too!).
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2016-08-08 at 09:44 AM.

Quick question, as I'm curious:

Since when did people start using "populist" as an insult? I see this thrown around a LOT about Trump, especially from the more left-wing people that I know.

Everyone always attacks that he's a "Populist" and a "Demagogue" all the time. The Demagogue I can see 100% as not a good thing... but populist means that he appeals to the public at large, rather than just the top rich elite. For the life of me I don't see why everyone (especially liberals) keeps using this as a reason to put him down. (I'm not convinced his policies even are really "populist" but that's not the point here).
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

Since when did people start using "populist" as an insult? I see this thrown around a LOT about Trump, especially from the more left-wing people that I know.

Everyone always attacks that he's a "Populist" and a "Demagogue" all the time. The Demagogue I can see 100% as not a good thing... but populist means that he appeals to the public at large, rather than just the top rich elite. For the life of me I don't see why everyone (especially liberals) keeps using this as a reason to put him down. (I'm not convinced his policies even are really "populist" but that's not the point here).
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populism

Populism isn't quite what you think, it's closely related to demagoguery. The real problem is Trump says things to appeal to the people but his actual plans aren't that concrete.

For example, Trump complains about 'a rigged system that keep wages low' yet he picked VP who has repeatedly voted against raising the minimum wage.

When people started to use populism to targets people fears.....so if this method is applicable to a political candidate it's a insult since the 1945

In not a single way is the populism stance of Obama in 08/12 or Bernie Sanders in '16 the same as Trumps.

Trump's populism aims at 1 specific group in the US, the white male that hates everybody and thinks that everybody else (including women) are lesser beings.

From the moment populists started gaining traction "from other side", obviously.

And liberals are about "submit to wishes of public as long as those are liberal wishes"; and experience shows that populist sentiments are largely not liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    From the moment populists started gaining traction "from other side", obviously.

And liberals are about "submit to wishes of public as long as those are liberal wishes"; and experience shows that populist sentiments are largely not liberal.
    Don't play innocent now.

How is ''healthcare for all the'' same as ''kick out every minority'' which is what his supporters are hearing when he wants to be ''populair''

7+ Year Old Account

His narrative is populist. Evil globalists.

How is ''healthcare for all the'' same as ''kick out every minority'' which is what his supporters are hearing when he wants to be ''populair''
    No matter what you think of deportation of illegal aliens, claiming that a policy of deporting illegal aliens is equivalent to "kick out every minority" is tantamount to lying. Don't lie for the sake of political convenience.

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember people continually saying how ridiculous it was to suggest Britain would actually vote for a Brexit, that despite polls looking even nobody would possibly go out in big numbers and vote to leave the EU.
    And see how britain is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    No matter what you think of deportation of illegal aliens, claiming that a policy of deporting illegal aliens is equivalent to "kick out every minority" is tantamount to lying. Don't lie for the sake of political convenience.

Please again this innocence.

Be honest for a single moment and ask yourself why Trump is attracting so many racist groups? With all of his flipflops it may be hard to understand to what he is saying for a normal person but not for those white supremacy groups.

When you have kids making ''talking about'' of kicking people back to Africa or Mexico you should be worried (or be happy) because it tells allot about the effect of the rhetoric that is used.

Please again this innocence.

Be honest for a single moment and ask yourself why Trump is attracting so many racist groups? With all of his flipflops it may be hard to understand to what he is saying for a normal person but not for those white supremacy groups.

When you have kids making ''talking about'' of kicking people back to Africa or Mexico you should be worried (or be happy) because it tells allot about the effect of the rhetoric that is used.
    Everyone is just filtering what they want to hear from Trump speeches, white supremacists included. Some people filter into "dangerous madman unfit to office of president", some hear "return jobs", some "punish establishment", and some get "saviour of white people and punisher of wicked foreigners".

He provides stuff you can latch upon for everyone.

And a lot of time it looks like "enemy of my enemy" situation - that is, when those who condemn white supremacists also condemn Trump, it stands to reason that they would be supportive to him.
    And when establishment attacks him, he gains votes of anti-establishment.

Everyone is just filtering what they want to hear from Trump speeches, w
    I believe it's called "coding." For example, I could say on my campaign, "...And we're going to make our inner cities safer!"

No one will disagree with that. Everyone wants their city to be safer. However, some will take that as kicking out black people.

Just an example.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Bush administration announces support for Clinton over Trump.

He must've really pissed off the wrong people.
    What else would you expect after you call Bush "low energy"? :P

Actually that should be "Bush administration official support..", I think the distinction is important to some people. Though as someone who dislikes the Bush administration I would of course expect them to endorse Clinton over Trump just as I would expect ANYONE THAT IS SANE to do so, regardless of how much I may agree or disagree with them on policies.

By the way: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/08/po...ate/index.html

Hahahahah. What the fuck? How fake does he appear when he endorses Paul Ryan? Seriously, is the signaling of "I'm saying the words but I don't really mean it" intentional? Because it is so over the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    But Trump is right about Crimea... it is indeed better off with Russia as population polls show.
    These types of responses really annoy me.

It was pretty obvious what I was referring to. You might want to give a second thought to your candidate that the only defense you have is complete deflection.

TRUMP: Well, look, you know, I have my own ideas. He's not going into Ukraine, OK?Just so you understand. He's not going to go into Ukraine, all right?
    You can mark it down and you can put it down, you can take it anywhere you want.
    STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, he's already there, isn't he?
    TRUMP: OK, well, he's there in a certain way, but I'm not there yet. You have Obama there. And frankly, that whole part of the world is a mess under Obama, with all the strength that you're talking about and all of the power of NATO and all of this, in the meantime, he's going where -- he takes -- takes Crimea, he's sort of -- I mean...

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah I don't get it either. You have people clamoring about "the 1%" then will turn around and back Hillary Clinton, who receives hundreds of thousands of dollars to give speeches to Wall Street.

To me, it seems like it's no longer just a left vs. right thing any more. It's almost morphing into a populist/nativist vs. globalist battle now.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Not surprised, means very little. Jeb got crushed in the primary, the ppl didn't want him.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Really misleading description of the article there, calling it the "Bush Administration" basically means everyone involved with his administration, including President Bush himself, when it's just one random aide.

In other endorsement news it looks Kasich is finally ready to endorse Trump, bout a month too late John.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    In other endorsement news it looks Kasich is finally ready to endorse Trump, bout a month too late John.
    I haven't seen this yet. Who's reporting it?
    Eat yo vegetables