New Caverns of Time dungeon in Legion?

IF Sargeras will truly be the final boss of the expansion (or maybe it doesn't matter?), how likely is the chance that there will be a CoT dungeon coming in any of the patches?

One event that came to mind would be when Broxigar wounded Sargeras. Could have become a pretty cool dungeon if done right

What do you guys think? Do you have any speculations of future dungeons after Karazhan or do you think they wont add more dungeons in Legion?

Deleted
    Well it is possible
    But I would assume that if we get more dungeons, it will be centered around the tomb of sargeras- like black rock deeps in vanilla, or those dungeons at ICC in wrath.
    Something like that to build up the *danger* about the raid also adds possibility for story telling

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally love to see the Emerald Sanctum invaded by the Nightmare.

Deleted
    I feel like the first time we face Sargeras, or his Avatar, it should play like the Arthas encounter in Halls of Reflection. We're running from him because we're not powerful enough to deal with him just yet.

WIth the aspects loosing their power, this is less likely.

They can still travel through time, but they dont have the ability to know all outcomes, they/we would be going in blind.

So it would have to be along the lines of the Mt Hyjal raid, as a 'hey, this place was cool, lets redo it' rather than a 'fix this thing cause the infinite dragons are playing with it and we KNOW the outcomes we want'.

A CoT dungeon where we try to prevent Garrosh from traveling to Draenor, but we fail, and we have to do a five-player version of all the raid bosses from all of WoD
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    A CoT dungeon where we try to prevent Garrosh from traveling to Draenor, but we fail, and we have to do a five-player version of all the raid bosses from all of WoD
    Good lord, how horrifying.

I would love to see another "Run away" type boss though honestly, I feel like it helps to encounter the big bad a few times and feel powerless before them.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    WIth the aspects loosing their power, this is less likely.

They can still travel through time, but they dont have the ability to know all outcomes, they/we would be going in blind.

So it would have to be along the lines of the Mt Hyjal raid, as a 'hey, this place was cool, lets redo it' rather than a 'fix this thing cause the infinite dragons are playing with it and we KNOW the outcomes we want'.
    Hmm true, didnt think about that ^^

But I really hope they keep adding dungeon(s) with each raid tier in Legion. Now when they have Mythic+ they will for sure be played alot so it wouldnt be wasted resources.

Most likely as stated above there will be dungeons related to the tomb but i wonder what kind of bosses we would encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can only hope this won't be the case. Arguably the worst raids EVER in this game, Mount Hyjal and Dragon Soul, as well as the by far worst dungeons Escape Durnholde, Black Morass and Culling of Stratholm (stratholme has nice lore but an awful design still), has been located in CoS.

So far a disaster area that I hope we never have to visit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacehagen View Post
    IF Sargeras will truly be the final boss of the expansion (or maybe it doesn't matter?), how likely is the chance that there will be a CoT dungeon coming in any of the patches?

One event that came to mind would be when Broxigar wounded Sargeras. Could have become a pretty cool dungeon if done right

What do you guys think? Do you have any speculations of future dungeons after Karazhan or do you think they wont add more dungeons in Legion?
    There is already quite a bit of "time-travel" content in this expansion and the new direction seems to be scenarios.

I figure if we ever got back to Caverns of Time we'll get some sort of "Greatest Hits Raid" where we just go after a bunch of timeless bosses or last bosses of all/various raids.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    I feel like the first time we face Sargeras, or his Avatar, it should play like the Arthas encounter in Halls of Reflection. We're running from him because we're not powerful enough to deal with him just yet.
    Well, except for the problem that on a power scale of "we can deal with this shit", Arthas at his most powerful would rate somewhere around "a pile of moldy toenail fungus" compare to Sargeras as "a Thermonuclear Warhead detonated in your rectum".

There would have to be a metric fuckton of gimmicky mcguffaning going on to ever, even remotely, put the player characters in direct conflict with Sargeras in a raid style fight with the expectation that we do anything other than pretty much instantly die.....

I mean, hell, one of the most powerful lore figures on Azeroth was essentially quoted as saying that if every single demon of the burning legion was to come pouring through the portals against us, we would still have a hope of victory, but if Sargeras was to physically set foot on Azeroth, we would be right totally fucked beyond hope.

Sargeras is on an order of magnitude so much greater then we will ever reach that the idea of fighting him as a raid boss would require Player Power Creep that would make Goku in Dragon Ball Z look tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Well, except for the problem that on a power scale of "we can deal with this shit", Arthas at his most powerful would rate somewhere around "a pile of moldy toenail fungus" compare to Sargeras as "a Thermonuclear Warhead detonated in your rectum".

There would have to be a metric fuckton of gimmicky mcguffaning going on to ever, even remotely, put the player characters in direct conflict with Sargeras in a raid style fight with the expectation that we do anything other than pretty much instantly die.....

I mean, hell, one of the most powerful lore figures on Azeroth was essentially quoted as saying that if every single demon of the burning legion was to come pouring through the portals against us, we would still have a hope of victory, but if Sargeras was to physically set foot on Azeroth, we would be right totally fucked beyond hope.

Sargeras is on an order of magnitude so much greater then we will ever reach that the idea of fighting him as a raid boss would require Player Power Creep that would make Goku in Dragon Ball Z look tame.
    I totally agree, although if another avatar were to come that would be the closest we are to fighting him right now, and even then that means a group of 20 can do the same as a Guardian could. Hell, we barely stand a chance against Azshara at this point, let alone Sargeras if he were to physically be on the planet.

I dunno I think I'd like to see some CoT dungeons eventually. Maybe not legion specific, but there is some fun lore out there about some less-celebrated races that could be explored well in that sort of setting. Like I love the Tauren, but we never get to see anything about them. Highmountain is great and I love it, but it's not player character lore. I'd love to see a dungeon where we get to take our city back from Magatha Grimtotem. We don't know a heck of a lot about a major race leader from just game stuff, and I think dungeons in this vein could fill in some of this info.

What would be really cool would be a CoT Raid/dungeon that takes us back to the Black Empire. There was a fan-created dungeon like this a while back that I liked. We basically go through as agents of the titans and clear out the place leading up to Y'saarj, then we aid Aman'thul by holding off the lieutenants until he can pick the Old God off the planet and tear him apart, creating the Sha.

It would have a mix of a lot of stuff; from dark trolls (proto-trolls?) to old god enemies we haven't seen (because they were wiped out/haven't woken back up, etc), and our victory will be bittersweet as the results mean the creation of the Sha that ultimately cause the pandaren emperor to doubt his people's survival and shroud them in mists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post

We're imbued with a proto-titans power tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I figure if we ever got back to Caverns of Time we'll get some sort of "Greatest Hits Raid" where we just go after a bunch of timeless bosses or last bosses of all/various raids.
    Only if every boss started with saying: "[insert raid] was merely a setback!"

Quote Originally Posted by elsaa View Post
    Only if every boss started with saying: "[insert raid] was merely a setback!"
    I would be all for that.

Deleted
    There is a caverns of time portal in the new dalaran, so not unlikely

It should be something related to the expac. Some ideas:

- Help Malfurion and Shandris fight Hakkkar the Houndmaster and turn Xavius into a tree like in the books

OR

- Help Elisande venture into the temple of elune (later Tomb of Sargeras) to seal the second portal the Burning Legion there