Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Dam the algorithm cause it was the top result for me.

ah my bad. Old habit I try to include relevant info when searching so my search "pvod movie term" came with this result.

- - - Updated - - -

You seem to be the only one that has an issue.
    I did find the context appropriate definition eventually, was just pointing out that "just google it" is not necessarily the be all end all solution people try to say it is. especially with how algorithms nowadays tailor results based on search history and prioritizing selling you crap vs giving you actual information you are looking for. PVOD was a relatively simple example including its context, but I've lost count of how many times I would be searching for something in particular and would get at least a page of results that are advertisements of some sort, and even adjusting search terms does not always guarantee success. now consider searching for something you don't have as much context for, are unfamiliar with meaning you can't just tell at a glance when the info is wrong?

when did we as people decided that its not worth it to just... explain things to each other?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I did find the context appropriate definition eventually, was just pointing out that "just google it" is not necessarily the be all end all solution people try to say it is. especially with how algorithms nowadays tailor results based on search history and prioritizing selling you crap vs giving you actual information you are looking for. PVOD was a relatively simple example including its context, but I've lost count of how many times I would be searching for something in particular and would get at least a page of results that are advertisements of some sort, and even adjusting search terms does not always guarantee success. now consider searching for something you don't have as much context for, are unfamiliar with meaning you can't just tell at a glance when the info is wrong?

when did we as people decided that its not worth it to just... explain things to each other?
    as I was trying to say to others, she has at least ten examples, dunno how many examples exactly, how many times should we google n scroll around in google to figure out what the hell she is trying to say?... selfish behavior tbh.. only the contrarians defend it, no surprise there, n they probably only googled after I said something, not before.. me, normally it looks like mumbo jumbo to me n I ignore her post, waste of time to cater to someone who expects people to get 'educated'...

Well that was a much better movie than the cold and lifeless part one. The dialogue was an improvement from the first (which was pretty clunky), the pacing was more appropriate for a movie of its length, Chalamet was much more believable, and the effects and sound design can't be faulted.

The only sticking point was that the score is essentially a continuation of part one's, which was already overbearing and obnoxious, to me. How that won an Oscar I'll never know.
    "yOu aRe wRoNg" - Darththeo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relikk View Post
    Well that was a much better movie than the cold and lifeless part one. The dialogue was an improvement from the first (which was pretty clunky), the pacing was more appropriate for a movie of its length, Chalamet was much more believable, and the effects and sound design can't be faulted.

The only sticking point was that the score is essentially a continuation of part one's, which was already overbearing and obnoxious, to me. How that won an Oscar I'll never know.
    People might not like it but this is how your average person actually views Dune. Saw Dune 2 3 times in the theater. I wouldn't recommend it to the average person because Dune 1 is weird and Dune 2 doesn't quite hit if Dune 1 already lost you.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Regionally available on PVOD starting today. They are doing an IMAX re-release starting next week, IIRC. 16th looks like the target for all region PVOD releases.

Edit: Kung Fu Panda 4 going PVOD as well. Good counterplay. Uni are the Warhammer Orks of the movie business; they never lose.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2024-04-09 at 02:17 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relikk View Post

Its not my favorite soundtrack either; however -

Whomever approved the edit that put the throat-singing monks "AAAEEEAAHHH..." to kick in as SOON as Chani SLAPPED 'that boy' (main character) across the face, deserves the Oscar.

That was the best tracked bitch-slap I've ever seen/heard. It was hard not to bust out laughing.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Regionally available on PVOD starting today. They are doing an IMAX re-release starting next week, IIRC. 16th looks like the target for all region PVOD releases.

Edit: Kung Fu Panda 4 going PVOD as well. Good counterplay. Uni are the Warhammer Orks of the movie business; they never lose.
    Right on the money. Dune Part 2 is available on PVOD starting today in all major regions. Its theatrical wide release ends this week.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally got to watch this........

holy shit did they make changes.....
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Finally watched it, on Amazon. Absolutely blown away. I need to see it again just to be able to take it all in properly. The Harkonnens weren't quite so scary this time, though. And Walken was definitely miscast. Chalamet and Bardem were excellent. Still, like Bladerunner 2049 and Dune, the lasting impression is of the pictures Villeneuve painted and not the stories he was trying to tell.