Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    maybe they starting early to help reduce back to back schedules, although right off the bat boston and houston are playing tues/weds

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    maybe they starting early to help reduce back to back schedules, although right off the bat boston and houston are playing tues/weds
    Well. Yeah I do recall hearing about the schedule becoming easier. I do think I even posted about that some time ago.

Hey when did we have a 2017-18 NBA thread? I thought this was the old thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, how can I be a dick and say something mean? Like that KD is gonna cry tomorrow when wearing his ring or something. Idk, how do I make a joke out of this...?

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Having all the talent on a few teams makes the Playoffs boring, but as someone who has been following a team that rarely even makes the playoffs it doesn't bother me too much. I just enjoy basketball and am looking forward to the season starting next week. Always fun to see new talent and players every year.

fuck you hayward i hate you
    but pls come back
    Yeah, I was confident enough with my Trailblazers until Dame and CJ went OFF.... and we still lost by double digits. Like, what's the point, unless you happen to be invested in one of those fistful of hopefuls? It sort of at least makes the regular season games a bit more interesting. Like, this year i'll think more about getting to Chicago for when Portland comes to town. I'll take naps to watch more of their games, cuz the post season won't mean much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Spurs extend ALdridge for 3 years. Interesting. Excellent when he's hot, but hot and cold players are frustrating
    He was a solid partner in crime to young Dame and our really solid supporting cast, but when he left, so did line items 3-7... on the bright side, it meant CJ and Crabbe could see playing time. If Nurkic does what we think he can do, we can probably scratch up to a 6 seed or something to avoid GSW in round 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Fuck, I only got like 5.8 hours of sleep last night. I had to stay up late and wake up early. I might nap today but if not, I don't think I'll see much after KD takes his ring at 11 PM.

You didn't pick anything Lakers01. I thought you said you were going to pick the contending teams.

Ohhhhh nice some drama. I've got TNT on my TV right now. TNT Crew is talking about anthem protest.

I'm a bit busy so I'll just keep the TV on high volume and keep track of the score. Without putting my glasses on and truly focusing.

- - - Updated - - -

Cleveland fans boo'ed Kyrie.

- - - Updated - - -

Cleveland sounds dead quiet. What a bad audience lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    his fucking foot holy shit

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    [COLOR="#FAEBD7"]fuck you hayward i hate you
    but pls come back[COLOR]
    Dude. Wtf. I afk for a minute to tidy up the kitchen and shit and Gordon Hayward goes down and is leaving on a stretcher. He has a leg injury of some kind. Wtf did you do.

- - - Updated - - -

5:15 left in the first and idk what happened? He broke his foot? I only saw one replay.

I told you niggas this season was gonna be bad. I TOLD YOU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    5:15 left in the first and idk what happened? He broke his foot? I only saw one replay.

I told you niggas this season was gonna be bad. I TOLD YOU.
    here is a picture of it http://i.imgur.com/JycTMMT.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    here is a picture of it [img]http://i.imgur.com/JycTMMT.jpg[img]
    Oh damn. That's.................wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    That fucking sucks
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Worst basketball injury I've seen since Kevin Ware broke his leg. It sounded like someone snapped a 2x4 in half. When they zoomed in on him on the floor I literally gagged. God damnit.

10+ Year Old Account
    God fucking damnit. I overslept and my whole day has been a mess of me being late for everything, so of course I forgot the game wa son today. And then when I go to turn it on, I get news from everywhere that Gordon Heyward fractured his ankle.

What an absolutely godawful way to start a season for Gordon and the Celtics. You have to feel for the guy, brought in to be part of a 3 man core and then out before even a half is played.

I'm speechless.

I dont even know what to say right now. Watched it live & it just felt like somebody died. Ive never seen anything like that. As a Lakers fan, it reminded me of Julius Randle breaking his leg in his first game, but he was a rookie, not a max contract player on a playoff team. I can only imagine how Celtics fans feel right now.

They are saying its a fractured ankle, so hopefully its not as bad as it looked, but it looked bad. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    Worst basketball injury I've seen since Kevin Ware broke his leg. It sounded like someone snapped a 2x4 in half. When they zoomed in on him on the floor I literally gagged. God damnit.
    Paul George at the Olympics was worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow.........

Looks like leaving wasn't enough to escape the Utah Jazz injury curse. In fact it came at him with the fury of Hell itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Paul George at the Olympics was worse.
    I wasn't watching that game so my statement still stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitter is saying they actually managed to reset his ankle while he was still on the game floor. If true you would think that would mean significantly less damage then we thought initially.

In game, Celtics picking it up. Long odds, but this might still turn into a game.

- - - Updated - - -

If not for the damn Heyward injury, this would be an awesome game. Celtics young guys showing they have fight in them and will compete for everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Even Terry Rozier is showing up. Who'd have thought?!

The game was close. 99-98 Cavs up with a minute left. LeBron goes into the paint, draws defenders, and throws it to Love and he makes the 3 with like 46 secs left.

I gotta be really honest guys. LeBron doesn't look nearly as overpowered as he did a few years ago. I know he's just coasting now, but before he didn't even need to coast. I see a decline...too many extra postseason game.