Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, you're saying Trump is a liar.
    Just stating the facts as we know them. Perhaps he forgot about it or someone reminded him that Durham was on it. Who knows.
    Last edited by DocSavageFan; 2019-09-30 at 06:16 PM.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Barr will not have to recuse himself as the Justice Department explicitly stated that Trump never spoke with Barr “about having Ukraine investigate anything relating to former Vice President Biden or his son” or asked him to contact Ukraine “on this or any other matter”. It also states that Barr has not communicated with Ukraine at all.

But in addition to the above, the statement also contains the following interesting comment:

“A Department of Justice team led by U.S. Attorney John Durham is separately exploring the extent to which a number of countries, including Ukraine, played a role in the counterintelligence investigation directed at the Trump campaign during the 2016 election. While the Attorney General has yet to contact Ukraine in connection with this investigation, certain Ukrainians who are not members of the government have volunteered information to Mr. Durham, which he is evaluating.”

Makes one wonder just how deep this rabbit hole goes.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rump-tax-audit

The floodgates are opening.

Know fear.

- - - Updated - - -

Just stating the facts as we know them. Perhaps he forgot about it or someone reminded him that Durham was on it. Who knows.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...-trading-case/

Down goes one of Trump's most stalwart defenders.

Know fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    #CivilWar2 was trending for a bit on Twitter.

Truly the best fucking timeline......
    Trumpers are focusing on the "civil war-like fracture" bit without realizing the fracture in the civil war was, well, the civil war.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rump-tax-audit

The floodgates are opening.

Know fear.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...-trading-case/

Down goes one of Trump's most stalwart defenders.

Know fear.
    Rachel Maddow will be elated! lol
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

So, it directly contradicts what Trump said... meaning he must be a liar.

It's a sham Trump lies so damn often.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Civil War talk is dumb, besides which any time Trump mentions it all I can think of is this gem

"People don’t realize, you know, the civil war – if you think about it, why? People don’t ask that question, but why was there a civil war? Why could that one not have been worked out?”
    /s

Best news i heard all day while in downtown Cheyenne getting some Doughnuts ( a monday tradition for me and my twin ). We are waiting in line like always talking about where we are going to go hunting this year only to hear a few morons complaining about the deep state cornering Trump and that no whistle blower exists because they wont give us his name. Yes thats correct Wyoming has people believing in Alex Jones level stupidity. This is going to be a very interesting few months as they get more and more afraid, will they lash out like the snowflakes they are? Or will they just take a punch to the face?

I am not even sure what thread to post this stuff in anymore but here it goes. Former Trump Department of Homeland Security adviser speaks his mind about the events of the past week.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So, it directly contradicts what Trump said... meaning he must be a liar.

It's a sham Trump lies so damn often.
    I gave you two possible scenarios which would contradict your assumption. Believe what you want to believe...disregard the rest.

Rachel Maddow will be elated! lol
    I know you think this is all a joke right now. But that's part for the course. You haven't taken anything Trump has done seriously, no matter how damaging to the country.

It's all been one big joke to you.

This is serious and it's going to end really poorly for your side.

If Trump is impeached and removed, then my side wins.
    If Trump is impeached and the vote fails in the Senate, Republicans will be forced to make politically damaging votes, and my side still wins, as Donald Trump - likely facing a handful of Republican votes against him minimum - goes into 2020 severely damaged.

And EVEN if he gets re-elected, my side still wins. Because the nature of this scandal - in communications with another President - has rendered him untouchable in one of the main avenues of Presidential power - foreign relations. There is not a leader in the world now who will seek out Trump, lest he start ranting to them about this in a call, or asking for another favor. They'll all be recording their calls to protect themselves if they absolutely have to have one. He is permanently damaged goods. Other leaders were already waiting him out. This will make the few that aren't already more likely to do so.

We've broken the power of this President. Permanently. The question is, are you smart enough to see that or not and embrace the wisdom of President Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    Best news i heard all day while in downtown Cheyenne getting some Doughnuts ( a monday tradition for me and my twin ). We are waiting in line like always talking about where we are going to go hunting this year only to hear a few morons complaining about the deep state cornering Trump and that no whistle blower exists because they wont give us his name. Yes thats correct Wyoming has people believing in Alex Jones level stupidity. This is going to be a very interesting few months as they get more and more afraid, will they lash out like the snowflakes they are? Or will they just take a punch to the face?
    Well, if the Whistleblower is fake then the ICIG is in on it since he investigated the complaint and found it credible. And you know who appointed the ICIG?! TRUMP!

Trump is the Whistleblower!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Another GOP Congressman retiring ahead of the 2020 election. Like rats from a sinking ship.

It can't just be a coincidence, right? What do they know that's causing them to run?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So since your source has been one sided you jumped to the conclusion that the habitual liar was right?
    No, i simply quoted what he likely used to jump to that conclusion. I made no judgement on wherever it is true or false, as i have no idea about US whistleblower laws and regulations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Trumpers are focusing on the "civil war-like fracture" bit without realizing the fracture in the civil war was, well, the civil war.
    Let's also be clear; whatever might happen isn't going to come anywhere close to the Civil War.

I'll be shocked if it's even as significant as the Whiskey Rebellion.

More likely, it'll be a couple incidents like the Waco siege and that Oregon wildlife building occupation bullshit, by redneck fuckhead terrorists who've deluded themselves into thinking they have any support at all.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Trump should have an article of impeachment against him just for inciting rebellion, which is also in the constitution as an impeachable offense.

He's a failed President, at the head of a failed movement and the time has come to bring him to justice. And he's terrified of that.
    The laundry list of Impeachable offenses Trump has committed would (will) take years to sort out. I think Pelosi needs to play the smart move and draw up Articles on just the Ukraine thing. Short. Simple. Sweet (justice).

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Well, if the Whistleblower is fake then the ICIG is in on it since he investigated the complaint and found it credible. And you know who appointed the ICIG?! TRUMP!

Trump is the Whistleblower!
    Oh this entire thing is a complete shit show to be honest. But it is more interesting seeing people use whatever boogie men they can to rationalize this line of thinking. It is almost like they are unwilling to accept fact or reason but must cling to a political " team " at all costs. But i will say this tho Lemon Creme doughnuts taste even better with the bitter tears of a Trumper.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Let's also be clear; whatever might happen isn't going to come anywhere close to the Civil War.

I'll be shocked if it's even as significant as the Whiskey Rebellion.

More likely, it'll be a couple incidents like the Waco siege and that Oregon wildlife building occupation bullshit, by redneck fuckhead terrorists who've deluded themselves into thinking they have any support at all.
    I do believe there's some real worry about deplorable psychopaths taking it upon themselves to harm people when Trump is removed - either through an election or impeachment - but agree that it won't be at a Civil War scale.
    Last edited by Xyonai; 2019-09-30 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The laundry list of Impeachable offenses Trump has committed would (will) take years to sort out. I think Pelosi needs to play the smart move and draw up Articles on just the Ukraine thing. Short. Simple. Sweet (justice).
    If they can get hard evidence of the money thing that would be soliciting a bribe from a foreign government and bribery is explicitly listed as a cause for impeachment in the constitution. That's an easy, fast win.

They have circumstantial evidence of it already. Just need the hard proof.

Just need to get the real phone cal transcript.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah yeah yeah we already heard about Collins.

Wait, this isn't Collins? Rep Thornberry from...Texas?

Oh, man, Texas, you are so turning purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah we already heard about Collins.

Wait, this isn't Collins? Rep Thornberry from...Texas?

Oh, man, Texas, you are so turning purple.
    Does this mean Texas is in play or we're they safe districts? Will budget needed for battleground states instead need to be used for defense?