Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/13/2...-thru-covid-19

This administration is going to kill thousands, if not millions of Americans.
    Oh my fucking god............................................................................

what is the actual fucking point of Donald Trump and every single one of the flying monkeys of his administration.

I'll say again: if he keeps going the way he's going, he's going to be lucky if he escapes the Mussolini treatment when American's loved ones start getting sick en masse like in Italy.

The irony being that Donald Trump, a Republican, is the one to make these words true.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Due to Trump being a complete idiot, its pretty clear we need to rely on state and local authorities. The feds cant be counted on until someone that's actually competent is in office.
    I've never been happier to be a Massachusetts man.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1238589392723365889

2 mar-a-lago members who were at the property when Trump was tested positive now.
    he's like typhoid mary incarnate.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Oh my fucking god............................................................................

what is the actual fucking point of Donald Trump and every single one of the flying monkeys of his administration.

I'll say again: if he keeps going the way he's going, he's going to be lucky if he escapes the Mussolini treatment when American's loved ones start getting sick en masse like in Italy.
    Like fuck he will. It this happens, the Republican Party should, at the very least, be dead for the next few centuries.

But we all know that's not going to happen. Democrats are too scared to do anything remotely akin to the Mussolini treatment (even figuratively), and Republicans are too far gone that they've lost any ability to be self aware any longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    After listening to Abbot, I'm actually not that worried about Texas either. San Antonio is getting its first drive through, with houston and Dallas to follow in a week. Our Med industry is actually top notch.

Other red states, however....

"No, I don’t take responsibility at all.”

Biden is going to smash his skull with that particular rock. I can't wait for the swing-state ads.

"Lost a loved one to Coronavirus?"
    "Trump: No, I don’t take responsibility at all.”
    "Cant get tested for Coronavirus?"
    "Lost your savings and retirement in the stock market crash?"
    "Can't pay your healthcare bills after you got sick?"

"Keeping America Great?"
    Do the Dems have the stones to play the ads (I hope so). The Dems are house cats.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

After listening to Abbot, I'm actually not that worried about Texas either. San Antonio is getting its first drive through, with houston and Dallas to follow in a week. Our Med industry is actually top notch.

Texas is rich enough and with enough business infrastructure it'll be perfectly capable of handling it.

Places like Mississippi and Kansas are totally screwed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Do the Dems have the stones to play the ads (I hope so). The Dems are house cats.
    Democrats used to. Problem is a lot of contemporary millennial-GenXer democrats love to publicly masturbate to their ideology through issue-oriented messaging and are perplexed and angered when the things that turn them on don't turn on other people. The self satisfied hubris and arrogant presumption about the quality (or even necessity) of the sales job is where Democrats get beat on messaging time and time again.

Fear of loss though, is the great uniter. Which is why Republicans have long utilized it over issue-oriented message. Getting a person to wrap their head around M4A and move from hostility to openness to understanding, to agreement is a massive process that could take years. Making people get angry and afraid about Trump screwing their family in a focused way - like if their loved ones can't get tested - yeah. That'll work fast.

I've been saying this since early 2018, before the 2018 election. Democrats can't afford any artistry and elegance in fighting form in the 2018 election. They need to do all power moves to drop Trump to the floor as efficiently as possible.

Fear works. And Donald Trump just gave them the perfect message: no one is at the helm of the ship of state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasnt Bloomberg gonna do an ad campaign too after he dropped out? Cause knowing him, he'd absolutely be the type to run those kidns of ads.

10+ Year Old Account

Texas has the luxury of having some big bluish cities with money to burn and tech industry.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Wasnt Bloomberg gonna do an ad campaign too after he dropped out? Cause knowing him, he'd absolutely be the type to run those kidns of ads.
    Bloomberg is spinning up operations in the six swing states that matter (Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Florida, Arizona, North Carolina). That process is ongoing. He has been running anti-Trump adds in Wisconsin and Pennsylvannia almost wall to wall for months though.

He's shuttered / shuttering operations in the other states (like California and New York) to focus all his money in the six states that will decide the election.

If Biden wins Michigan and Pennsylvania (and he probably will) he just has to win one of the other four to make Trump a one term President.

Bloomberg's been by far the best add maker of this election cycle (and probably the last one too), so there is hope. But that's what you get when you run a campaign like a company and not a volunteer operation. You actually get to hire the best people. And that's actually one of the Democrat's big problems nowdays. Many of their best campaigners and ad makers are basically donating their time or taking a pay cut from private industry.

I know people lament money in politics, but people of talent are also very, very expensive and campaigns don't raise the kind of money needed to employ them until basically June. Bloomberg gets to do it with his personal wealth. But nobody else does.

He's lucky if he can escape corona himself.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/army-s...ronavirus-prep

The army says it's $1B short on coronavirus preparation funds. I wonder where they could get that kind of money...maybe it's on a wall somewhere or something.

10+ Year Old Account

The army says it's $1B short on coronavirus preparation funds. I wonder where they could get that kind of money...maybe it's on a wall somewhere or something.
    But think of all the Corona toting Mexicans that “wall” will stop.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Agreed. The Army doesn't get an additional cent of funding IMO. They can raid the military construction budget for that too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    He's lucky if he can escape corona himself.
    The universe isn't that fortunate to bestow upon us that level of ironic punishment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Kansas:

Sumner Community Hospital closes its doors tonight with no forewarning

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Not Trump, but want a fun trip back in time?

https://twitter.com/MikeGrunwald/sta...25100169334786

2009, Susan Collins pushed to eliminate $870M from the stimulus plan entirely, which would have gone towards preparing for flu pandemics. It went to community health clinics after Lieberman convinced her otherwise.

She's been, and still is, a gigantic piece of shit.

Texas is rich enough and with enough business infrastructure it'll be perfectly capable of handling it.

- - - Updated - - -
    naaaaaah, like everything else they will get extra funding from the feds while other states that have much higher state taxes will get the shaft and have to basically pay for their virus expenditures. doesn't that sound like something evil they keep railing against.

you know for example like Medicaid where a state like NY/CA/CT/NJ (notice a trend yet)/and 10 more get 50 cents on the dollar for all standard Medicaid membership cost while Mississippi at a minimum gets 77.76 cents and then some.

Mississippi : .7776 with 3.5 multiplier #1 in the country
    Kansas: .5968 1.48 #28

At the bottom.....see any trends?

Illinois 0.5096 1.04
    Alaska 0.5 1
    California 0.5 1
    Colorado 0.5 1
    Connecticut 0.5 1
    Maryland 0.5 1
    Massachusetts 0.5 1
    Minnesota 0.5 1
    New Hampshire 0.5 1
    New Jersey 0.5 1
    New York 0.5 1
    Virginia 0.5 1
    Washington 0.5 1
    Wyoming 0.5 1

And a .27 difference in perspective for places like NY/CA is tens of billions of dollars a year. Gee now how do they possibly make up the difference.

at the top you ask? See if you can spot a trend here?

Mississippi 0.7776 3.5
    West Virginia 0.7499 3
    New Mexico 0.7346 2.77
    Alabama 0.7258 2.65
    Kentucky 0.7205 2.58
    Arkansas 0.7123 2.48
    South Carolina 0.7063 2.4
    Idaho 0.7041 2.38
    Arizona 0.7001 2.33
    District of Columbia 0.7 2.33
    Oklahoma 0.6799 2.12
    Utah 0.6752 2.08
    Louisiana 0.6742 2.07
    North Carolina 0.674 2.07
    Georgia 0.6703 2.03
    Tennessee 0.661 1.95
    Indiana 0.6583 1.93
    Montana 0.656 1.91
    Missouri 0.6496 1.85
    Michigan 0.6408 1.78
    Maine 0.6369 1.75
    Ohio 0.6363 1.75
    Nevada 0.633 1.72
    Florida 0.6196 1.63
    Texas 0.6181 1.62
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

You dont know how relieved i feel about living in the butt of the planet, and that only affluent people are getting infected (via bringing it from europe)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Well two sides agreed to the Corona virus relief bill. Has to wait until Moscow Mitch comes back for a vote, though. Doubt it'll pass, though Trump agreed to sign it if it reaches his desk.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/13/81540...UI02bWA2KBfKQg