That was after Trump said that Feinstein can add whatever she wanted into the bill. That's what he said to win her over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    You can watch her here:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-di...t-weapons-ban/

Around the 1 minute mark.
    That’s when Trump turned to her and said that she can add her proposal to the bill. This was not her reaction when Trump proposed taking guns before due process. That is not something democrats or Feinstein proposed.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Ok, fair. I didn't read the main article. This seems to be a kind of narrow thing to be concerned about though. The difference between a semi-automatic with burst fire, semi-automatic with automatic fire, or just semi-automatic is actually not that significant. The difference between a carbine and rifle is also not particularly significant. I know what all those things are, but I assure you it doesn't make a difference when someone is shooting at you. Honestly, a full automatic mode would probably make them much less dangerous, because they are stupid hard to control that way, it is why nobody really does it. The guy I mentioned in the earlier post was chewed out because his muzzle raise put the last 5-10 rounds over the backstop.

Claiming the M4A1 is not the current service rifle because it is not fully implemented is dumb, I have carried one my last two deployments, and I was far from the first to have one. It is also dumb to claim it isn't actually a rifle, although it is technically a carbine, that doesn't really matter. HOWEVER, now that I read the original post by David Clarke, it was actually far dumber then I actually thought. Nobody wants a rifle that will empty in one pull of the trigger, and I would absolutely take a well made AR-15 into combat. That mode is useless, and an AR-15 is otherwise identical (Minus small variations between manufacturers).

So final verdict after reading the Article: David Clarke has no idea how the military, combat, guns, or common sense works. The people arguing with him have no idea how guns or words work.
    I can agree with basically all of this, no one cares if it's technically a 'rifle' or a 'carbine'. If the M4A1 deployment started in 2014 and ends in 2019, then it's probably something like 80% complete ? So there's probably people left with base M4s, but they'd be in the minority presumably.

And David Clarke is still an idiot (even if the tweets against him were off the mark, too).

So for years right wing media whips their followers up into a frenzy over Obama taking their guns and now Trump actually suggests doing it on nothing but authoritative abuse of power.

Can't wait to hear the excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s when Trump turned to her and said that she can add her proposal to the bill. This was not her reaction when Trump proposed taking guns before due process. That is not something democrats or Feinstein proposed.
    I'm not trying to misrepresent anything Feinstein is or is not doing, I just saw a lot of pent up joy being released there, she's happy as a clam with the whole thing if you ask me. Understandably so, she's been pushing these gun control policies for a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That was after Trump said that Feinstein can add whatever she wanted into the bill. That's what he said to win her over.
    No shit she would be happy when Trump tells her she can add anything to the bill. But, it’s a nice distraction from Trump proposing something that goes beyond anything Feinstein proposed.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

It doesn't matter what Trump proposes. It has to be legislated and that won't happen.
    Feinstein has to realize this. Crazy talk can't be made into law. The whole thing is just a feint.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not trying to misrepresent anything Feinstein is or is not doing, I just saw a lot of pent up joy being released there, she's happy as a clam with the whole thing if you ask me. Understandably so, she's been pushing these gun control policies for a very long time.
    I didn’t say you are misrepresenting it... but, you obviously are. You responded to a clip of Trump proposing something Feinstein did not, but linking to her accepting Trump saying she can have anything she wants. Now, you are further misrepresenting it, by asserting that Trump’s suggestion that is not what she suggested, makes her happy. No buddy... the only person who suggested it was Trump. It literally has nothing to do with Feinstein...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I didn’t say you are misrepresenting it... but, you obviously are. You responded to a clip of Trump proposing something Feinstein did not, but linking to her accepting Trump saying she can have anything she wants. Now, you are further misrepresenting it, by asserting that Trump’s suggestion that is not what she suggested, makes her happy. No buddy... the only person who suggested it was Trump. It literally has nothing to do with Feinstein...
    One of the endlessly fascinating aspects of political discourse is the ability for some detail that seems completely superficial to one person, worthy of nothing more than a brief quip, is an extremely contentious and supremely important point to argue for another.

I concede the point, whatever it was. But let me try again:

Feinstein sure was giddy at that meeting.

Actually that's the same thing I said earlier... I give up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I give up.
    If only

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It doesn't matter what Trump proposes. It has to be legislated and that won't happen.
    Feinstein has to realize this. Crazy talk can't be made into law. The whole thing is just a feint.
    I don't know what Trump is thinking. Some are suggesting he's got Indiana's "Red Flag" law in mind, but I dunno, he's really gone out to sea on this one.

12-dimensional Parcheesi?
    Are you tired of winning with all those winning policy positions yet? : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Are you tired of winning with all those winning policy positions yet? : P
    This is not winning at all now that you mention it, this is quite far from winning.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/se...rticle/2650345

"Gun grabber in chief"

So he grabs pussies and guns and pisses off both sides of the isle.

I swear, it's like watching a conman who conned his way further than he ever thought possible start to fall apart before our very eyes as he continues to haltingly realize how ludicrously out of his depth he is while also convincing himself that he's totally got everything under control.

This is not winning at all now that you mention it, this is quite far from winning.
    Yeah, fewer kids might get killed. The horrors!

Quote Originally Posted by Togashii View Post
    Yeah, fewer kids might get killed. The horrors!
    We all want that.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Welcome to how the rest of us have felt for more then a year now. Nothing Trump does looks even remotely like winning... more like flailing really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    What the hell is a .io address?

.io is the ccTLD assigned to the British Indian Ocean Territory, which is a thousand or so itty bitty islands in the Indian Ocean that are owned by the UK, inhabited almost exclusively by US military personnel and contractors thereof.
    Last edited by Masark; 2018-03-01 at 01:57 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I'm actually just now picking up on some racism associated with that picture I posted earlier... lord help me.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the endlessly fascinating aspects of political discourse is the ability for some detail that seems completely superficial to one person, worthy of nothing more than a brief quip, is an extremely contentious and supremely important point to argue for another.

I concede the point, whatever it was. But let me try again:

Feinstein sure was giddy at that meeting.

Actually that's the same thing I said earlier... I give up.
    I am sorry, but I am not going to ignore you misrepresenting what happened.