Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Oh the political photo. Besides not wearing a mask, Pence was caught in on a hot mic of him knowing these boxes are empty.

People it is still a shitshow.
    Man is a hero, give him a medal!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Oh the political photo. Besides not wearing a mask, Pence was caught in on a hot mic of him knowing these boxes are empty.

People it is still a shitshow.
    Read a page or two back. I was caught by this too. The video is misleading, but he was still being a fucking dumbass and "joking".

10+ Year Old Account
    Pence would have been handing out paper towels but there aren't any.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    I was gone for a couple months because I couldn't take the relentless personal attacks and toxicity directed towards me...and conservatives in general.

Looks like I need to take another break from this place. Long live the echo chamber!
    I'm not an American, but wouldn't one reaction from the right to a statement like this be something along the lines of 'need a safe space, snowflake?'

10+ Year Old Account
    You can always tell when a batch of right wing talking points gets released because the core group comes charging in all posting nearly the exact same thing then after a few spins on the merry-go-round off they go because people are mean to them because they don’t have the next set of talking points yet. It’s like magic.
    Last edited by Lenonis; 2020-05-08 at 10:45 PM.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I'm not an American, but wouldn't one reaction from the right to a statement like this be something along the lines of 'need a safe space, snowflake?'
    That has historically been the case, yes. Nobody knew having a spine could be so complicated.

Adding to topic of unemployment numbers, they are most certainly wrong. Just from my own family, my brother has been out of work, but will be starting again near the end of this month. He didn’t apply for unemployment as he didn’t want it, he said he has money so, whatevs he’ll wait until he starts working again... my wife is working like 30% of her normal hours, and for some reason the last several weeks they’ve denied her coverage, so she’s trying to get that sorted out. And my mother-in-law also got denied, and she’s working 60-70% of her normal hours. Maybe because she’s a legal permanent resident instead of a citizen? I’m almost certain she should be covered, as you’re supposed to have almost every benefit of a citizen besides being able to vote in federal elections or run for president. So yeah, just from my family they are minus 3 on their count

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The mind boggles. People support this fool and even consider him intelligent....
    This quote is getting beaten to death, I'm late to the party, it's probably not even in the top ten all time dumb things Trump has said....

But holy shit. It's just so incredibly dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The mind boggles. People support this fool and even consider him intelligent....

I think that covers all of the bases.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    Adding to topic of unemployment numbers, they are most certainly wrong. Just from my own family, my brother has been out of work, but will be starting again near the end of this month. He didn’t apply for unemployment as he didn’t want it, he said he has money so, whatevs he’ll wait until he starts working again... my wife is working like 30% of her normal hours, and for some reason the last several weeks they’ve denied her coverage, so she’s trying to get that sorted out. And my mother-in-law also got denied, and she’s working 60-70% of her normal hours. Maybe because she’s a legal permanent resident instead of a citizen? I’m almost certain she should be covered, as you’re supposed to have almost every benefit of a citizen besides being able to vote in federal elections or run for president. So yeah, just from my family they are minus 3 on their count
    Anecdotal evidence like this is meaningless but thanks for story time.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Anecdotal evidence like this is meaningless but thanks for story time.
    No reason to be an ass. Given that I know 3 people in my small little bubble, it lends some credibility to other reports saying the same thing, that numbers are likely undercounted.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now, in the latest gutpunch for the germaphobe-in-chief:

Ivanka Trump’s personal assistant has tested positive for coronavirus, source tells CNN
    Ivanka Trump's personal assistant has tested positive for coronavirus, a source familiar with the matter told CNN.

The assistant, who works in a personal capacity for US President Donald Trump’s daughter, has not been around Ivanka Trump in several weeks.

She has been teleworking for nearly two months and was tested out of caution, the source said.

She was not symptomatic. Ivanka Trump and her husband Jared Kushner both tested negative on Friday, the person familiar with the matter told CNN.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post

Ivanka Trump’s personal assistant has tested positive for coronavirus, source tells CNN
    Oh good, more asymptomatic rich people getting tests just because, while other who need them go without

10+ Year Old Account
    White House announces all COVID-related relief discussion is on pause for an entire month.

So, for those people who can't get SBA loans or unemployment...well, good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    No. No no, no no no, that's false.

It's the eleven Secret Service guys.

According to the DHS document, along with the 11 active cases there are 23 members of the Secret Service who have recovered from COVID-19 and an additional 60 employees who are self-quarantining. No details have been provided about which members of the Secret Service are infected or if any have recently been on detail with the president or vice president.
    When the SS says "no comment" it's different than most people. I think they wouldn't comment on whether air had oxygen, if they were concerned that it was a security risk. So I'm not reading into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I mean... it is objectively a shitshow. The fact that the title got changed just shows how american-centric and conservative this board is and how insidious republican ideology is.

Their misbehavior is getting normalized before our eyes.
    First, nothing on this liberal dominated board is objective. This may be American centric but it is far from conservative. If you need proof, go look at the "who you voting for" troll poll. It is clearly a liberal/democrat dominated forum. Also, it is astoundingly numerous the amount of complainers telling people to report conservative or Republican posters so they can only have to see their echo chamber posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a development in the "WH buries CDC re-opening guidelines" story.

The AP has emails now.

The decision to shelve detailed advice from the nation’s top disease control experts for reopening communities during the coronavirus pandemic came from the highest levels of the White House, according to internal government emails obtained by The Associated Press.

The files also show that after the AP reported Thursday that the guidance document had been buried, the Trump administration ordered key parts of it to be fast-tracked for approval.

The trove of emails show the nation’s top public health experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention spending weeks working on guidance to help the country deal with a public health emergency, only to see their work quashed by political appointees with little explanation.
    I have an explanation. They knew it was "Too soon, Executive Branch!"

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    First, nothing on this liberal dominated board is objective. This may be American centric but it is far from conservative. If you need proof, go look at the "who you voting for" troll poll. It is clearly a liberal/democrat dominated forum. Also, it is astoundingly numerous the amount of complainers telling people to report conservative or Republican posters so they can only have to see their echo chamber posts.
    If you guys acted like adults you'd be more accepted at the big boy table.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2020-05-09 at 02:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The U.S. Office of Special Counsel (OSC) made a “threshold determination” that the Trump administration unlawfully sidelined disease expert Rick Bright because he “made protected disclosures in the best interest of the American public,” Bright’s lawyers said in the statement.

OSC is nonbinding, but it does strongly suggest Dr. Bright can sue for being fired for telling Trump the truth.

EDIT: Oh, he spoke to the press.

I am not disgruntled. I am frustrated at a lack of leadership. I am frustrated at a lack of urgency to get a head start on developing lifesaving tools for Americans. I'm frustrated at our inability to be heard as scientists. Those things frustrate me.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-05-09 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    No reason to be an ass. Given that I know 3 people in my small little bubble, it lends some credibility to other reports saying the same thing, that numbers are likely undercounted.
    No it doesn't. That's why anecdotes are garbage and are tossed out.

The decision to shelve detailed advice from the nation’s top disease control experts for reopening communities during the coronavirus pandemic came from the highest levels of the White House, according to internal government emails obtained by The Associated Press.

The files also show that after the AP reported Thursday that the guidance document had been buried, the Trump administration ordered key parts of it to be fast-tracked for approval.

The trove of emails show the nation’s top public health experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention spending weeks working on guidance to help the country deal with a public health emergency, only to see their work quashed by political appointees with little explanation.

So basically the US government is suppressing information about the virus that is important in how we deal with the virus, and how it is dealing with us. As it happens, this information suppression can most certainly be blamed for the success of the virus in the US.