Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i wouldnt doubt for a second trump ordered them to give him all 5 of the lead experimental vaccines.
    I mean, considering that they already cleared the safety tests, i wouldnt mind having them injected into my body. Especially the leading Chinese vaccine (coronavac i guess?), and the ChAdOx vaccine.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-06-27 at 06:55 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Jack Probiesec (about as close to a fascist as you can find) went to a protest in D.C. to agitate and "antifa" dumped water on him and shoved him out of the park. No beatings, they just forcefully removed him from the protest..

...right wing Twitter is obviously going mental over it. They even claim he's merely a "journalist" trying his gosh durn darnedest to cover these protests! The same dude who was thought to have planted a "Rape Melania" sign at a protest to blame on left wing "nutjobs," and regularly pals around with neo-nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Normally I don't like posting specific accounts ("the plural of anecdote is not data") but when it's an entire county it's different.

Starr County, TX, had 0 cases as of the time Gov. Abbott blocked any TX county from enforcing lockdown, stay-at-home, and similar orders.

Now they have 407 cases. For those of you struggling with math, this is over eleventy bazillion percent increase.

The question is less and less "can the Democrats flip Texas?" and increasingly "can the Republicans survive Texas?"
    In that article, I could not find how many people were tested before and how many people were tested after. I also looked online and could not find it. Can you find it? Why is it when we have more testing and cases go up and deaths rise, the death toll drops from 15% to 5%. This isn't the coronavirus thread so all these posts are way offtopic as usual and I am sure only I will get reported, but can you tell me how many people were tested before and how many after? It could mean a lot. It could bolster your whining. I looked every where, I am sure you will not find it either. I am sure you will just hand wave this off too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    In that article, I could not find how many people were tested before and how many people were tested after. I also looked online and could not find it. Can you find it? Why is it when we have more testing and cases go up and deaths rise, the death toll drops from 15% to 5%. This isn't the coronavirus thread so all these posts are way offtopic as usual and I am sure only I will get reported, but can you tell me how many people were tested before and how many after? It could mean a lot. It could bolster your whining. I looked every where, I am sure you will not find it either. I am sure you will just hand wave this off too.
    Your argument is that there are more covid cases than even democrats claim? How incompetent is Trump, if that’s the case?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

so let me get this straight. I get banned for posting a list of Obama's accomplishments. But there can be pages and pages of conspiracy theories and dreams of Trump going to prison. And you get to slide? That's fucked up. Fuck you guys for censoring. Seriously, I posted a list of accomplishments and get banned, you guys theorize that the President WILL ABSOLUTELY be convicted of crimes and go to jail...but they do nothing. And you guys think it's the greatest thing ever. Conspiracy theories, fantasies and dreams about prison for Trump. And cubby thinks this is intellectual discourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Yeah but this could turn out REAL bad for the US. It is one thing for other countries to disallow American visitors, but disallowing American trade because of fear its infected is quite another thing. Being unable to trade anything to other countries changes us from superpower to third world country in less than 6 months.

This is a good reminder of just how much more damage Trump can still do to our country January is a long ways away.
    Make no mistake. This is just another step in the China/US trade war and has nothing to do with fear of Corona.
    Its just a convenient excuse to use for the measures that make it harder to complain about them.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Is that Legal Eagle's suit? Or is it another one that is coincidentally covering some of the same grounds? Because if that is a different suit... oh dear...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odinfrost View Post
    Is that Legal Eagle's suit? Or is it another one that is coincidentally covering some of the same grounds? Because if that is a different suit... oh dear...
    this one seems to be from Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW)
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    so let me get this straight. I get banned for posting a list of Obama's accomplishments. But there can be pages and pages of conspiracy theories and dreams of Trump going to prison. And you get to slide? That's fucked up. Fuck you guys for censoring. Seriously, I posted a list of accomplishments and get banned, you guys theorize that the President WILL ABSOLUTELY be convicted of crimes and go to jail...but they do nothing. And you guys think it's the greatest thing ever. Conspiracy theories, fantasies and dreams about prison for Trump. And cubby thinks this is intellectual discourse.
    I’m more than happy to discuss anything with you, but you don’t seem to be interested. This seems to be more important... If you want to discuss how Trump’s incompetence is literally serving as a ‘what not to do’ for the rest of the world, when it comes to pandemics, feel free. I’m doing my best to encourage it... it’s fucking 3 am and I can’t sleep... I’m begging you to discuss anything about Trump... I can’t have sound 4 more hours... please...

Do you believe that Trump cutting the pandemic response team, was a good or great idea?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If you want to discuss how Trump’s incompetence is literally serving as a ‘what not to do’ for the rest of the world, when it comes to pandemics, feel free.
    Honestly, Donald Trump is a great guideline in regards to what to avoid in your life in general. If Trump is best at anything it's being bad at everything he attempts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Honestly, Donald Trump is a great guideline in regards to what to avoid in your life in general. If Trump is best at anything it's being bad at everything he attempts.
    Don’t be like Trump, isn’t really an option for most people. If a normal person acts like Trump, they get dubbed Florida man... that’s what I think the biggest misunderstanding between the haters and the admirers. Those who like Trump, see him acting like he doesn’t give a shit, which they find relatable. While the reality is that rich people act like that, because they can afford it. You don’t act like that, because you need a job and don’t have your own golf course to escape the neighbors.

It’s why Trump’s bravado, doesn’t match his bunker boy actions. He doesn’t act this way because he has the balls to deal with repercussions, but because he has a bank account to afford any repercussions. Trump isn’t an example of strength, but the difference between what we can get away with and what the rich can get away with.

Edit: I think autocorrect just called me a moron... fixed some unintended words.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-27 at 10:25 AM.

Continuing to talk about moderation would make this a classic self-fulfilling prophecy. As to the "conspiracy theory," the President has committed crimes, he may go to prison for that. It's probably fair to say there's a low probability of that happening since it would be unprecedented, but it's not a conspiracy theory to discuss the merits of people being correctly punished for their crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Continuing to talk about moderation would make this a classic self-fulfilling prophecy. As to the "conspiracy theory," the President has committed crimes, he may go to prison for that. It's probably fair to say there's a low probability of that happening since it would be unprecedented, but it's not a conspiracy theory to discuss the merits of people being correctly punished for their crimes.
    Wishful thinking is also not inherently against forum rules, unless the wish it self constitutes an infraction. Like... I wish you’d jump off a cliff, is worth an infraction... I wish Trump goes to jail for two scoops, is not worth an infraction.

On top of that, the Muller report and discussion there of, is not a conspiracy theory. While claiming the report is bullshit, because Obama, FBI and world leaders conspired to stop Trump, is in fact a conspiracy theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wishful thinking is also not inherently against forum rules, unless the wish it self constitutes an infraction. Like... I wish you’d jump off a cliff, is worth an infraction... I wish Trump goes to jail for two scoops, is not worth an infraction.

On top of that, the Muller report and discussion there of, is not a conspiracy theory. While claiming the report is bullshit, because Obama, FBI and world leaders conspired to stop Trump, is in fact a conspiracy theory.
    casting pearls before swine

he's been told that repeatedly, and he's just decided to endlessly do it and then whining about mods
    just let him rot in the endless cycle he's choosing to run
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Want to put this out there, since Trump is lying about debates, in his quest to both have and eat his cake:

Fact check: Trump falsely claims Biden, who has committed to the debates, is trying to get out of debating
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/26/polit...tes/index.html

Trump's claim is entirely baseless. Biden has officially committed to participating in the three scheduled presidential debates -- and Biden has repeatedly said he is eager to debate Trump even if the pandemic forces them to hold the event online rather than in person.

Trump, conversely, has not officially committed to the scheduled debates. Instead, his campaign has been seeking changes to the debate schedule, and, according to the New York Times, wants an unusual role in selecting the moderators.
    Basically, Trump is bitching that Biden is afraid to debate him, while in reality Trump has refused to sign up for debates and is demanding that he select moderators of for half the debates. Adding a 4th to even it out... Trump is trying to cut off people pointing out that he has yet to sign up for debates and is demanding to choose moderators, by claiming Biden is the one avoiding them... even thought Biden already signed up...

Edit: Ha! I just realized that the ‘having your cake too’ is just schrodinger's cake...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Are you seriously believing those lies that are well and readily debunked.
    Not lies... really happened... Trump still claims corona is exaggerated to make him look bad and has also spent millions on a drug, that is no longer being researched, because it kills people.

10+ Year Old Account
    In that article, I could not find how many people were tested before and how many people were tested after.
    I know you've been away for a while, but we've already covered in detail how the increase in testing is not solely responsible for the increase in cases. You'll find it in detail if you just read back a few pages. I'm sure you'll see what you're looking for quickly.

But as it turns out, my fears were unfounded -- because it wasn't just Starr County.

City officials in Texas say the state’s government has hindered their ability to fight the coronavirus outbreak that is rapidly rising to a crisis as hospitals fill.

Local officials say executive orders from Gov. Greg Abbott (R) have limited their efforts to fight the growing number of cases; they are especially incensed by Abbott’s move to strip local police of the ability to issue tickets to anyone who refuses to wear a mask in public.

“I had the authority and I did require [masks in public] months ago,” Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo (D) told The Hill in an interview. “We had great compliance, because law enforcement would show up and educate and folks would get it.”

Five days after Hidalgo issued her order on April 22, Abbott used an executive order to prevent local governments like Harris County, home to Houston and more than 25,000 confirmed coronavirus cases, from issuing fines.

“I no longer have the authority to require functionally anything,” Hidalgo said. “All I've been able to do is issue recommendations. All along, I kept my messaging that people really needed to not be going to bars and restaurants and clubs.”

Abbott's office declined to comment beyond the public statements he has made.

Abbott has struggled to balance his authority with pressure from his conservative flank, and President Trump, to reopen the state. Some of that pressure comes from Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick (R), a strident conservative who wields his own extraordinary power as the leader of the state Senate.

“There are more important things than living. And that’s saving this country for my children and my grandchildren and saving this country for all of us,” Patrick said on Tucker Carlson's show on Fox News in April. “I don’t want to die, nobody wants to die, but man we’ve got to take some risks and get back in the game and get this country back up and running.”

Patrick's office did not respond to a request for comment.
    As the article points out, Abbott follows the path of Rick Perry (Republican) in imposing the Texas executive branch over the counties and cities. You can't do that, and also escape blame when your preventative actions directly stop the recovery effort, as lives are damaged or even destroyed by Texas rules.

Not lies... really happened... Trump still claims corona is exaggerated to make him look bad and has also spent millions on a drug, that is no longer being researched, because it kills people.
    Corona is exaggerated and if the Democrats didn't go full retard and allowed protests to occur the Coronavirus would have been under control such as Europe. And are you talking about chloroquine? make the study that says it kills people has been peer reviewed and found to be thrash.

Corona is exaggerated and if the Democrats didn't go full retard and allowed protests to occur the Coronavirus would have been under control such as Europe. And are you talking about chloroquine? make the study that says it kills people has been peer reviewed and found to be thrash.
    Hate to break it to you "genius" but the virus wasn't under control even before the protests.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Hate to break it to you "genius" but the virus wasn't under control even before the protests.
    Black Lives Matter protests haven't led to COVID-19 spikes.

Bang goes that talking point.

NIH halts clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine
    Study shows treatment does no harm, but provides no benefit

Three big studies dim hopes that hydroxychloroquine can treat or prevent COVID-19

Bang goes the other.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-06-27 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Corona is exaggerated and if the Democrats didn't go full retard and allowed protests to occur the Coronavirus would have been under control such as Europe.
    How is it exaggerated and not under control at the same time?

And are you talking about chloroquine? make the study that says it kills people has been peer reviewed and found to be thrash.
    https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safet...tal-setting-or

June 15, 2020 Update: Based on ongoing analysis and emerging scientific data, FDA has revoked the emergency use authorization (EUA) to use hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine to treat COVID-19 in certain hospitalized patients when a clinical trial is unavailable or participation is not feasible.
    The FDA seems to disagree with you.