10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    That last paragraph there is such an important part of all of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Former republican FBI and CIA officials are putting their support behind Biden tomorrow, calling Trump corrupt and unfit for office.
    Indeed. The Senate set, US Intel needs to spike.

When DeJoy restricted overtime two months ago, Scantlebury and other workers saw their schedules cut back to five days per week. Within days, he said, the facility was in chaos.

How does that work though? If cutting overtime means immediate chaos the facility must have been seriously understaffed to begin with. Does the USPS employ fewer people than needed for the job and then work them to the bone with overtime all the time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Does the USPS employ fewer people than needed for the job and then work them to the bone with overtime all the time?
    Isn't that what everyone does?
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    When DeJoy restricted overtime two months ago, Scantlebury and other workers saw their schedules cut back to five days per week. Within days, he said, the facility was in chaos.

How does that work though? If cutting overtime means immediate chaos the facility must have been seriously understaffed to begin with. Does the USPS employ fewer people than needed for the job and then work them to the bone with overtime all the time?
    Lean staffing is pretty baseline practice in the private sector these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Lean staffing is pretty baseline practice in the private sector these days.
    Lean staffing + massive overtime, not so much. At least not with hourly wages.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Short answer, yes.

They were already struggling thanks to COVID-19 and previous cutbacks. They've been pretty shoestring for a while, but when the pandemic hit they lost a lot of employees (temporarily and permanently) and saw a sudden surge in mail--mostly packages--because of the people who started working from home or otherwise quarantining.

Instead of hiring people to take up the slack and man the machines in the meantime--you know, creating jobs in the middle of the highest unemployment the US has seen in ages--DeJoy made further cutbacks and started scrapping machinery. Because that's what you do when you're actively sabotaging the thing you've been put in charge of.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-08-20 at 08:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Desperate to change the narrative, GOP launches investigation into Benghazi 2.0.

Specifically, they subpoena'd an Obama official who apparently picked up Steele's dossier. Considering he didn't research it or write it, this is purely a show with no chance of leading to anything realistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, another Republican Senator has tested positive for COVID-19.
    U.S. Sen. Bill Cassidy announced Thursday that he’s tested positive for the coronavirus and is experiencing some COVID-19 symptoms. He said he is quarantining in Louisiana.

The Republican senator, 62, who is running for reelection on the Nov. 3 ballot, is experiencing “mild symptoms that began this morning,” from COVID-19, the illness caused by the virus, his spokesman Cole Avery said.

Cassidy, a physician, said in a statement that he was tested after being notified Wednesday night that he’d been exposed to someone infected with the virus. The senator said he is adhering to medical guidance and notifying people with whom he may have come into contact.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I feel like he hasn't been out there being an asshole about masks (at least not that I've seen) and he's taking the appropriate measures now that he's confirmed to have it.

I think that brings us to 15 members of the House who have tested positive now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I feel like he hasn't been out there being an asshole about masks (at least not that I've seen) and he's taking the appropriate measures now that he's confirmed to have it.

I think that brings us to 15 members of the House who have tested positive now?
    I think you meant Congress, there, not House, but this site indicates that 2 Senators (both Republican) as well as 12 Representatives (5 D, 7 R) have tested positive (or been presumed positive) for COVID-19. Many, many more have quarantined.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump promises to bring US troops home from Iraq no really I mean it this time.

"I don't have a timeline," Trump didn't say but it was implied, "it'll be around the time my next close associate gets arrested and I need a distraction."

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump promises to bring US troops home from Iraq no really I mean it this time.

"I don't have a timeline," Trump didn't say but it was implied, "it'll be around the time my next close associate gets arrested and I need a distraction."
    Any word on his miracle cure for Covid? He said it'll be ready in two weeks (whenever that was).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Any word on his miracle cure for Covid? .
    I understand it's hydrochloroquine oleander huffing bleach the Russian vaccine fish tank cleaner better health care for more people for less money why doesn't anyone believe me? coming any day now.

Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Narcissist.
    I mean yes...but not for that reason. His base would revolt if he wasn't on camera every night. The GOP is a cult of personality waging a culture war, not a political party with an ideological foundation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Narcissist.
    It is the Party of Trump, after all. And he loves being on TV.

How much you want to be it is him ranting and raving all those nights.

Watch this video! Steve Bannon accusing the Clintons of being “grifters” and fleecing their own donors. Well....

They always are projecting.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-08-20 at 11:48 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    They always are projecting.
    Wasn't the Clinton Foundation investigated over and over, while they turned over all their taxes openly?