10+ Year Old Account
    I can practically hear the shredders jamming from all the way here in Seattle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

People in that thread are saying he never tweeted in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Let him say this kind of thing over and over.

It means the NYTimes story is true, and Trump is a felon.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think this is true.

First it was the salacious Woodward book

Then the discredited Atlantic Story

Today, a sham by the NYTimes

They will ignore Hunter’s corruption. They will ignore Joe’s dementia. The media will do this every day between now & the election. It’s disgusting. #JournalismIsDead
    So, yeah, this came out ahead of whatever Hunter Biden story he seems sure will happen. Just a reminder: Hunter Biden is not running for office. Trump is running for re-election, with evidence in public that he is a felon.

Challenge is live, by the way. Nobody here is to respond to any Trump supporter, unless that Trump supporter first answers if the NYTimes story is true or false. Until they take a stand, everything else they have to say on literally every topic is irrelevant and must be ignored. By everyone.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The feed from that Twitter account is pretty good. So far, amongst my top three:

undocumented immigrants pay more in taxes than Donald Trump
    - - - Updated - - -

Also going strong on that same Twitter account:

Republicans are so quiet about his tax returns you can hear a poll drop.
    You can read Trump's tax returns two ways: either Donald Trump is the greatest tax cheat in US history - or he is a financial desperado hopelessly in debt to God knows who & needs every dollar he scams from Secret Service golf car rentals just to pay the electricity bill

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Assuming he's not literally fleeing with state secrets in manila folders, he'd be a private citizen again and could go wherever he wants.

Wether or not he makes it to the airport on time if there's a warrant for him is a different question.
    If he flees, he would have to do it before Biden was sworn in because people will be waiting in line to serve him papers at which point he wouldn't be allowed to leave and they would have probably preemptively had them hold his passport to ensure he didn't leave.

Maybe him make a trip to Russia before he has to give up the power and not return. But if he isn't able to steal this election, he knows he can't stay here.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Like I said, he probably has a lot of outstanding debt following what he did with the Trump campaign. Either that or he is about to be indicted for fraud with all of the money he stole from the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The feed from that Twitter account is pretty good. So far, amongst my top three:

- - - Updated - - -

Also going strong on that same Twitter account:
    How many idiots will finally catch up to the rest of us in knowing Trump is and always has been absolute shit as a businessman now that his tax returns reiterate this fact in black and white on the bottom line?

None you say? Seriously, not one? Yeah, you're probably right...

Also, how hilariously ironic that Trump was actually telling the truth that he was under audit when trying to justify not releasing his tax returns... Mother fucker has been under audit for a decade over the $80 million refund he received due to claims of catastrophic business losses!

None of Trump's future cellmates or going to want his blown out ass after the IRS and all his lenders get through with him.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Like I said, he probably has a lot of outstanding debt following what he did with the Trump campaign. Either that or he is about to be indicted for fraud with all of the money he stole from the campaign.
    It was my understanding that Pascale made tens of millions of dollars working for the campaign. I'm not sure what debt he would have. Stealing perhaps.

It was my understanding that Pascale made tens of millions of dollars working for the campaign. I'm not sure what debt he would have. Stealing perhaps.
    I am just speculating. Either he might be up on fraud for stealing from the campaign or he accrued debt because he stole all this money, used it all to buy cars and other extravagant things and he was out of money and couldn't pay things off. Especially after he was demoted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oop, looks like we got our distraction: Project Veritas is trying to trend some nonsense conspiracy theory about ballot harvesting.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Oop, looks like we got our distraction: Project Veritas is trying to trend some nonsense conspiracy theory about ballot harvesting.
    Of course they are, and the Republicans will believe their bullshit.

Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    They're comin' for him
    fake news he never posted on the acc, just some dude doing tweets for the likes.

To be fair to trump he did say 'i dont pay taxes' in the debate.

alot of this feels fantasy. Too many movies in which the obvious bad guy gets whats coming to him. But we dont live in that fantasy world and if you think the trump clan will ever get what is coming to them, ive got a bridge to sell you.

Well want to read on the nuts and bolts of Trump's debt?

In these this thread is pics/documents attached for evidence.

I will link first tweet and rest is part of the thread.

1/ The New York Times #TrumpTaxReturns story is terrific. I had about a million thoughts as I was reading though. I'll be annotating those here, in this thread, for the next few hours. https://t.co/LeVjIwATpl
    https://twitter.com/DanAlexander21/s...336284160?s=19

2/ Story starts with this bombshell, that Trump paid just $750 in taxes in 2016 and another $750 in 2017. Shocking numbers for someone who we estimate is worth $2.5B. (Yes, you can still be really rich and disclose a tiny income or even huge losses. More on his net worth later.) https://t.co/bG4jFiLGnA
    3/ Then we get to this part about the current state of his business, which highlights the amount of debt that Trump has coming due. We actually already know a lot about his debt -- far more than most people who follow the news might think. Let's pause here and dig into it. https://t.co/yqHRhS3Aj7
    4/ We'll start at Trump's old home, Trump Tower, where he owes $100M. This document shows that it has a $100M loan against it, with a 4.2% interest rate, due 9/6/2022. Trump, as you can see, has not paid down a dime of the principal. https://t.co/vxQRKNoPTe
    5/ Then we'll go to 40 Wall Street, where he owes $139M, split into several chunks. You can see the interest rate on all are 3.665%, and all of those come due on 7/6/25. Total debt accounted for so far: $239M million. https://t.co/C9rUTCQJ4K
    6/ We'll next look at 1290 Ave. of the Americas, in which Trump owns a 30% interest alongside publicly traded Vornado. VNO discloses that there's $950M of debt against it in doc below. Due in Nov 2022. Trump's 30% share then equals $285M. Total debt accounted for so far: $524M. https://t.co/UKyV804Hyr
    7/ Then we'll consider 555 California St., in which Trump also owns a 30% interest alongside Vornado. VNO discloses there's $543M against that building, with a 5.1% interest rate, due Sep 2021. Trump's 30% share is then 0.3 * 543 = $163M. Total debt accounted for so far: $687M. https://t.co/GGlhs87CyS
    8/ Now let's look at Doral, Trump's golf resort in Miami. It has 2 mortgages against it, totaling $125M. Both mature in 2023 and have variable interest rates. You can see the first pages of the mortgages, with the amounts circled, here. Total debt accounted for so far: $812M https://t.co/4WNS0frvhl
    9/ There's also a loan against the DC hotel. The mortgage, which you can see below, lists it at $170M. The NYT reports that the balance is $160M. Trump may have paid down some principal here. We'll use the NYT figure for our tally. Total debt accounted for so far: $972M. https://t.co/AwLrd6Btaq
    10/ In New York, Trump owes a combined of $20M against a two smaller properties, Trump Plaza ($13.2M) and Trump International Hotel & Tower ($6.5M). Total debt accounted for so far: $992M https://t.co/Agqh5XyKp8
    11/ At Trump Park Ave, where Ivanka and Jared used to live (in a condo owned by Donald), there's another loan, which was at $15.3M in 2010, according to the doc below. Trump has been paying that one down. Probably closer to $10M now. Total debt accounted for so far: $1 billion. https://t.co/KBfSDgJJMC
    12/ In Chicago, Trump lists two loans on his financial disclosure report. One for $25-50M and one for $50M+. These are complex liabilities that I won't go too much into right now, but that's another $75M+ in debt. Total debt accounted for so far: $1.1 billion. https://t.co/wCEaj0KR8D
    13/ Trump has other small loans against a golf club in DC, one in New Jersey and a couple of mansions. Those add up to about another $35M or so in additional debt. The total accounted for still rounds to $1.1 billion. A lot of that, as the NYT story says, is coming due soon.
    14/ Going to to take a break to write a story. I'll be back when I'm done, with a LOT more to say about this great reporting from the New York Times. https://t.co/LeVjIwATpl
    So author of this thread is claiming debt owed closer to $1.1 billion.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Call me crazy, but a president shouldn't be hundreds of millions of dollars in debt.

What an enormous security risk. No sane person should think this is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Call me crazy, but a president shouldn't be hundreds of millions of dollars in debt.

A debt that is due in the near future i might add.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Speculation here but it might be more of Pascale knowing or participating in Trump fleecing the campaign donors.

Remember this new story and what we know is Trump is a con man running a type of shell game.

Trump likely took so much money from campaign like the stories of over charging for his hotels and property.

Now I admit most of it is probably not illegal since this is how our politics work. I can even admit if Trump steals from rich donors, who let's face it the money is nothing to them, I have no sympathy.

Ah late night I rambled. In short it might be to shady campaign money and if used properly on the campaign, not personally lining Pascale and Trump's pockets.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

You know what happens to you, idiot Trump supporter when you don't pay a few months on your double-sided? You don't get to defer payments for years and years, that's for fucking sure.

Your goddamn messiah is a crook, don't you see that?! He's a con man living on loans that he can't repay, using his abject failures to avoid contributing anything in taxes. He and his horrible spawns live a life of luxury and owe nothing while the rest of us pleebs pay significant portions of our earnings to the federal government.

This story should enrage every American and remind us all that the Haves and the Have-Nots live by entirely different rules. Fuck Donald Trump and fuck you if you support him.
    Last edited by Eviscero; 2020-09-28 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Removed confusing post quote to clarify the target of my raaagggee

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post

It was brought up previously but, fun fact, significant amounts of personal debt can in fact disqualify you from receiving security clearance due to the risk of bribes.

Of course, candidates for the Presidency are technically exempt from this because reasons - hence why the tax returns are important for Presidential candidates since there is not a legal mechanism to vet them for any conflicts of interest when handing out clearance.