10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Trump said he didn't do it, but he actually thinks he did, but he's senile and he's remembered it wrong. McConnell said that Trump did when he knows that he didn't.
    So what you're saying is...ask Trump what McConnell would say?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's weird that the standard bearers for masculinity in the Republican party (Hawley and Carlson), with their clean-shaven baby faces and thin shoulders. They're the guys I would be more likely to believe have a catgirl maid outfit buried in their sock drawer.
    Well...there is this thing called " projection" that we're all familiar with...so much so...anymore I just want to give myself a good cry

10+ Year Old Account
    So Chris Christie gave a speech imploring Republicans to look forward, not back, and to move on from the "2020 was rigged stolen Chinese hoax" debunked/false claims.

Naturally, Trump took this with the quiet, dignity, and grace we've come to expect.

Chris Christie, who just made a speech at the Republican Jewish Coalition (RJC) in Las Vegas, was just absolutely massacred by his statements that Republicans have to move on from the past, meaning the 2020 Election Fraud. Everybody remembers that Chris left New Jersey with a less than 9% approval rating – a record low, and they didn’t want to hear this from him!
    First of all, "low ratings" doesn't mean "wrong". Christie's pathetic polling doesn't mean 2020 was stolen. It was not.

Second of all, I forget. Did Christie's polling drop to 9% for killing an old woman? Or for supporting Trump? I'll just say "for supporting Trump" and assume the Trump supporters in the audience will correct me with actual evidence if I'm wrong.

"That's not how burden of proof works."

Yes, but we're talking about Trump supporters who have assumed the election was stolen despite looking for evidence and finding none. So I think it's fair.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...8ac_story.html

Have we talked about how Judge Janine Pirro may have absolutely fucked Trump?

Apparently Rudy and company were traveling searching for evidence for their lawsuits and were struggling to get reimbursed by Trump. Pirro stepped in reportedly, and shortly afterwards the Trump campaign started cutting them checks.

Kerik billed the Trump campaign on Dec. 6, seeking $20,130.13 for “Room/Board/Meals/Travel for Legal/Investigative Team” from Nov. 5 to Dec. 5, according to documents reviewed by The Post. He was reimbursed for the full amount on Dec. 18, campaign finance disclosures show.
    Why is this significant? Because it means that much of what Trump was engaged in during this process wasn't his duties as POTUS, but rather actions as a candidate. That means that executive privilege doesn't apply to any of it, as they were not activities relating to his role as POTUS.

Mind you, this includes payments for the rooms used for Jan. 6 planning and execution, which were billed back to the campaign as well as it was a campaign related event.

Sometimes it is great when the criminals engaged in criminal behavior don't know the laws and make unforced errors like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have we talked about how Judge Janine Pirro may have absolutely fucked Trump?
    Did you...mean...literally? Sorry but in this timeline it's not that clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Did you...mean...literally? Sorry but in this timeline it's not that clear.
    Oh man, not the imagery one needs before bed time. Need to scrub my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    Oh man, not the imagery one needs before bed time. Need to scrub my brain.
    Get some vodquila and give your brain a hard reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    vodquila
    Is that better than schnotch?

Unrelated: in something that, until recently, I might have said was "even deplorable by deplorable standards" an actual US Rep shared a Twitter video of him murdering AOC.

Yes, he did that.

Naturally the video also suggests murdering illegal immigrants and Biden.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump, desperate, cornered, and sweating like a $130,000 in a tear-gassed church, filed an emergency court filing thingy to block the Jan 6th committee from looking at his communications, visitor logs, and other info in which Team Trump organized and planned the murderous insurrection.

"...did you already post that?"

No this is a separate, new filing thingy. Different from the other thingy.

Absent a court order instructing him not to, the Archivist of the United States intends to comply with the congressional request and release the disputed documents this Friday, November 12, 2021. Because of these considerations and because Thursday, November 11, 2021, is Veterans Day, President Trump requests a ruling from this Court on his Motion for a Preliminary Injunction and, if applicable, this motion no later than Wednesday, November 10, 2021. Should no order be issued by that time, the Plaintiff will interpret the Court’s silence as a refusal and take his appeal to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.
    Huh. I didn't think about veterans screwing Trump, though to be fair, Trump screwed the VA first.

From what I can tell by reading a couple sources, it looks like Trump is expecting the court to rule against him and is pre-filing an appeal based on that realistic, pessimistic outcome. So yes, it's yet another emergency filed under the heading of "please don't let them see the evidence of my crimes please". Looks like we'll have to wait until Wednesday to see this just in, the filing was rejected in two hours.

Incidentally, this is why I'm using the term "filing thingy" rather than a legal classification. One, I know it'll drive @cubby nuts. Two, say it with me: it doesn't exist. You cannot legally file an appeal to a ruling that hasn't happened yet. You can't take a non-ruling to an appeals court. Trump was asking the court to invent something to protect him, which I guess makes sense, Trump invented a new way to vote called "murderous insurrection", but that didn't work either.

Let us all bow our heads in respect for emergency court filing thingy, Nov 8, 2021 - Nov 9, 2021 by virtue of the clock ticking over midnight. We barely knew you...because you have no definition and make no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again it's time for Guess the Speakerphone!

I hope you die. I hope everybody in your fucking family dies, you fucking piece of shit traitor
    "Random YouTube comment when an anime character loses on Death Battle?"

I mean, maybe? But in this context it's a voice mail received by a Republican who voted on the infrastructure bill.

The Republican, who went on CNN, also hahahaha he went on CNN probably to troll the caller, did go on to say along the lines of "these partisan politics, oh gosh, oh golly gee, whatever led to these partisan politics, however can we stop them, oh noes, on dearie me". Meanwhile Trump supporters continue to choose death over vaccines then point to the death count to shame Biden posthumous/posthumorously, and Ted Cruz wants Texas to secede and be run by Joe Rogan thanks @Winter Blossom

The bad news is I'm ill. The good news is that it's just my usual fall/winter sinus bullshit and not COVID. I was tested.

Anyway, in addition to Monday's quickie I might be doing quickies for more days this week depending on how I feel. Just a heads up.

Monday's quickie:

54,847 new cases; 483 deaths, bringing the total to 776,311. Deaths are down, but cases are slightly up. I expect the trend this week will show numbers going back up nationally. They certainly continue to do so in the Netherlands. A month ago almost all of the restrictions were lifted and now we're back up to Winter levels (from 2.5k a month ago to 12k now). Heed the ghost of Christmas Future...there is still time to change your ways, America! Nah, who am I kidding?

Pfizer CEO says people who spread misinformation on Covid vaccines are 'criminals'--I find it hard to disagree. If people in possession of small quantities of pot are incarcerated for years, surely there should be some sort of penalty for people who get others killed by just flat-out lying.

Vaccinated people are 16 times less likely to end up in the ICU or die from COVID-19, study finds--Get your fucking jabs.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I find it hard to disagree.
    I don't, but only because lying to the American people is not a crime. If it was, Trump would have spent the entire last year of his tenure in the electric chair.

However, when someone in a position of authority says something public and false to damage the reputation of the vaccine and therefore the makers of the vaccine, that would be defamation, and Pfizer should start lining up people to sue when they say "the vaccine doesn't work". Go Dominion on their ass.

Trouble is..a lot of people are getting savvy about this, and are saying things like "I've heard things about the vaccine, I've chosen to snort horse dewormer off Joe Rogan's balls" instead. So even that won't work.

It's a shame there's no direct action that can be taken against such lying liars. The good news is, every single one of these lying liars that we find out gets the vaccine takes the argument down just a smidge. For more than "a smidge" they have to instead get sick and possibly die. That's not the preferred option, of course, I don't want people to get injured or die just so I can score political points. It's just that, when they do get sick and/or die, they make those points for me, which I'll accept with sarcastic "thoughts and prayers".

Also recover quickly, hope it's not that bad.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...69b_story.html

At least 13 senior Trump administration officials illegally mixed governing with campaigning before the 2020 election, intentionally ignoring a law that prohibits merging the two and getting approval to break it, a federal investigation released Tuesday found.
    Yowza, 13! Well surely it was just slips of the tongue -

A report from the office of Special Counsel Henry Kerner describes a “willful disregard for the law” known as the Hatch Act that was “especially pernicious,” given that many officials abused their government roles days before the November election. President Donald Trump — whose job it was to discipline his political appointees — allowed them to illegally promote his reelection on the job despite warnings to some from ethics officials, the report says.
    Oh come on! That's vague bullshit, we need some specifi-

The special counsel found that two Cabinet officials, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and acting homeland security chief Chad Wolf, broke the law when Pompeo gave a speech from Israel and Wolf led a taped naturalization ceremony for newly minted citizens on White House grounds, both during the Republican National Convention.
    Alright, this sounds like partisan witch hunt. Which Democrat appoin-

The Office of Special Counsel, led by a Republican appointed by Trump, lays out a series of violations that the authors underscore were not innocent mistakes or slips of the tongue.
    Well what the hell man. Isn't it someone's job to punish these folks for violating these laws? What's the conseque-

No punishment is expected to be assessed because, by most legal interpretations, the president in office at the time is the only person who can take action to fire or reprimand his political appointees when they act illegally. The office’s lengthy treatment of how the administration flouted a law intended to ensure that civil servants and political appointees operate free of political influence was meant to illustrate that the law lacks teeth and needs stronger enforcement mechanisms, the report says.
    It's almost like they don't care about "law and order" or something.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1457896245259689988

In which former White House spokeswoman Kellyanne Conway forgets about the Great Toilet Paper Shortage of 2020 as she tries to claim there were no supply issues under Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Unrelated: in something that, until recently, I might have said was "even deplorable by deplorable standards" an actual US Rep shared a Twitter video of him murdering AOC.
    I'm sure any minute now we'll hear the same level of backlash from the right wing as they did against Kathy Griffin.

Right?

...........right?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I'm sure any minute now we'll hear the same level of backlash from the right wing as they did against Kathy Griffin.
    "But this was a fake cartoon, you libs!"

"And that was a fake head and blood."

"BUT IT LOOKED REAL!"

I'm just wondering when elected officials casually hinting at killing other members of Congress, openly discussing the use of political violence, or openly discussing their desires to secede from the union will see like...consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7va...andate-protest

And we're still exporting our extremism. Q retards in NZ stormed the parliament building over vaccine mandates, nothing really appears to have happened.

But apparently many of them, curiously waving the US flag, honestly believe that PM Jacinda Ardern was "arrested" at the White House two years ago and is wearing an ankle bracelet.

This is your brain on the Republican party, don't ever do the Republican party, it turns you retarded.

"BUT IT LOOKED REAL!"

I'm just wondering when elected officials casually hinting at killing other members of Congress, openly discussing the use of political violence, or openly discussing their desires to secede from the union will see like...consequences.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7va...andate-protest

And we're still exporting our extremism. Q retards in NZ stormed the parliament building over vaccine mandates, nothing really appears to have happened.

But apparently many of them, curiously waving the US flag, honestly believe that PM Jacinda Ardern was "arrested" at the White House two years ago and is wearing an ankle bracelet.

This is your brain on the Republican party, don't ever do the Republican party, it turns you retarded.
    This can apply to the GOP.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

"BUT IT LOOKED REAL!"

The threat of violence against either the President or Vice President, even if you are joking, is a felony. Period.

The GOP Congressman who put this up on Twitter (and what a fucking shithole Twitter is for keeping it posted with a "warning label") should already be in federal custody. But of course he won't be, because this is our modern political structure. Spineless and without consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The threat of violence against either the President or Vice President, even if you are joking, is a felony. Period.
    I wonder what prescedent has been set on "I was just repeating someone else's death threats" has? Because I'm guessing there are Twitter users who repost some vile, vile shit and don't want to face consequences for their actions.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates...ction-threats/

Reuters out there naming Trump supporting "patriots" who are sending death threats to election officials.

They were among nine people who told Reuters in interviews that they made threats or left other hostile messages to election workers. In all, they are responsible for nearly two dozen harassing communications to six election officials in four states. Seven made threats explicit enough to put a reasonable person in fear of bodily harm or death, the U.S. federal standard for criminal prosecution, according to four legal experts who reviewed their messages at Reuters’ request.
    FBI really needs to step up their game here.

10+ Year Old Account

Reuters out there naming Trump supporting "patriots" who are sending death threats to election officials.

Anyone care to guess the overlap of "peaceful tourists in Janurary" and "Patriots"?
    I can't wait to go to DC. Whom does one contact for the tickets to the "Whack a cop with a fire extinguisher" part of the tour?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Good! Fuck them all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post

Right?

...........right?
    You do know that answer. All the conservative posters here already are hypocrites, cowards, and have ZERO ground to stand on even if they did espouse outrage over this, but they still wouldn't. But heaven forbid a left leaning comedian poke a joke at it and they will have their orders to march down everywhere to scream hypocritical bloody murder over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    McConnell marches in front of the cameras and says
    a) Kentucky is falling apart
    b) the Infrastructure Week is a "godsend", and
    c) for fuck's sake, get vaccinated

How many decades have we worried about lack of economic development in eastern Kentucky? And we all know with the decline of the coal industry, it only got worse. So this gives us hope