Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh, that's easy.

*ahem*

They're lying.
    Honestly it's probably more delusion than lying. These folks have convinced themselves of their own bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Honestly it's probably more delusion than lying.
    In a lot of cases I'd agree. Not this one. I get that you're suggesting a Trump cultist has no idea what happens outside of the USA and therefore makes shit up and just believes it. Or just as bad, hears another Trump cultist say it and chooses to believe it themselves. But not in this case. I think it's too easy for them to hear that other countries treated Trump with disdain, derision, and contempt, while also they knew other countries loved Obama. Obama's overseas approval was impossible to miss, it was everywhere for eight years, even FOX News. So no, that one's not delusion -- unless they're literally hallucinating or otherwise so unable to tell fact from fantasy they should have driven off the road dozens of times and probably died by now. This time, they're just flat-out lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Biden's done more in two years than Trump did in three -- and far more in two years than Trump did in four.
    Uh... point of order: Biden's only been in office for one year.

Well, sure, 14 months, but still nowhere near two years.

I know this last year or two have felt... exhaustively long, but, umm... yeah. One year.

Carry on.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Biden's only been in office for one year.
    Oh, goodness. Oh deary me, how could I possibly have made such a mistake? Biden did more in one year and two months than Trump did in three years and two months. Wow, what a coincidental mistake I made that I'm sure the original poster would have noticed if he hadn't stopped posting for some reason. My goodness, how embarrassing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, goodness. Oh deary me, how could I possibly have made such a mistake? Biden did more in one year and two months than Trump did in three years and two months. Wow, what a coincidental mistake I made that I'm sure the original poster would have noticed if he hadn't stopped posting for some reason. My goodness, how embarrassing.
    My sig is always a useful reminder. <nod>

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Rommon64 View Post
    This may be off-topic, but where did the right-wing idea that 'the whole world is laughing at us' when ever anyone not a part of their little club is in charge come from? The only thing I can think of is projection of some kind.
    It is projection.

But it's also just part of that "silent majorty" bullshit they've been peddling for quite a while now. If they believe that everyone already agrees with them, it's easy for them to also believe that everyone finds opposing views as laughable as they do. Of course, the facade falls apart when shitheels like Trump are literally being laughed at by the international community...but alas...reality has a hard time penetrating these delusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant wait to catch Fox News tonight!
    America used to be a country ... but then Miss Piggy was announced as the MEt Gala theme. Afterwards Tucker will winghe about Bugs Bunny in drag while trying to conceal his thrist.

BREAKING: Anna Wintour announces that this year's Met Gala theme will be MISS PIGGY: HER LIFE AND TIMES. "It's honestly embarrassing that we haven't honored her sooner," she said in a statement. "Can you name another woman with as much style, charisma, and upper body strength?"

Special guest Lindsey Graham will be on to complain how she killed the Bork nomination with karate.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ia/7131891001/

Holy racist fuckhead, Batman!

"When it comes to issues, you can't have it both ways," Braun said. "When you want that diversity to shine within our federal system, there are going to be rules and proceedings, they're going to be out of sync with maybe what other states would do. It's the beauty of the system, and that's where the differences among points of view in our 50 states ought to express themselves."

Braun doubled down when asked to clarify if he would be OK with leaving the decision of whether to allow interracial marriage up to states. After all, states had decided to make interracial marriage illegal.

"Yes, I think that that's something that if you're not wanting the Supreme Court to weigh in on issues like that, you're not going to be able to have your cake and eat it too," Braun responded. "I think that's hypocritical."
    He's big mad about Roe v. Wade and thinks that should have been left up to the states, too.

Just a reminder that Republicans are bigoted, small minded authoritarians.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

He's big mad about Roe v. Wade and thinks that should have been left up to the states, too.

I almost want them to be able to have this; I want Republicans to have to live in these barren hellscapes they create for themselves.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...end-senate-bid

McConnell, asked if he still supports Eric Greitens following allegations from his ex-wife that he was physically and verbally abusive to her and their child, delivers this word salad -

Well look I think all of the developments of the last 24 hours are things the people of Missouri are going to take into account both the primary and I would assume would take into account in the general
    In that he isn't taking a position because he has no spine. Guess being abusive to your spouse and child is A-OK in the Republican party, which continues to be weird given that the party claims the mantle of the "party of family values", and I don't recall "hitting your family" being one of those values.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...end-senate-bid

McConnell, asked if he still supports Eric Greitens following allegations from his ex-wife that he was physically and verbally abusive to her and their child, delivers this word salad -

In that he isn't taking a position because he has no spine. Guess being abusive to your spouse and child is A-OK in the Republican party, which continues to be weird given that the party claims the mantle of the "party of family values", and I don't recall "hitting your family" being one of those values.
    The values they want to restore are from a bygone era, the ones set in Andy Griffith and Father Loves Beaver shows.
    Spouse abuse wasn't a real crime, it was a feature of owning a woman.
    It took until 2002 for Virginia to remove the "Marital exemption" for rape.
    Those are the values they want for families.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I almost want them to be able to have this; I want Republicans to have to live in these barren hellscapes they create for themselves.
    If it was just them suffering then yeah. But like with COVID and anti-vaxxers we all end up suffering.

https://twitter.com/akarl_smith/stat...79338601668616

"What I really meant was, I didn't intend to be that blatantly racist as I wasn't expecting people to actually notice and call me out for it!"

Here was the question:

"So you would be okay with the Supreme Court leaving interracial marriage to the states?"

"Yes, that's something that uh, if you're not wanting the Supreme Court to weigh in on issues like that, you're not going to have your cake and eat it too, I think that's hypocritical."

Don't believe me? Here's the clip -

https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...79010133082113

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rommon64 View Post
    This may be off-topic, but where did the right-wing idea that 'the whole world is laughing at us' when ever anyone not a part of their little club is in charge come from? The only thing I can think of is projection of some kind.
    Republicans lying to themselves.

They were constantly declaring during the four years Trump defiled the Oval Office htat "America is respected again!" and the MAGAbillies refused to listen when you pointed out that polling of other countries literally said the exact opposite.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2040477.html

“All this stuff about how he says Putin’s smart – that’s why he’s a genius!” Mr Giuliani said of Mr Trump, who recently admitted that he was surprised that Mr Putin’s military buildup on the Ukrainian border had been a prelude to striking some unspecified deal.

“Course he says he’s smart. ‘Hey, Vladimir, you’re really really smart,’ and then he’ll go on and say – He authorised me to say this, or I wouldn’t say it, as his lawyer.

“So, he has a meeting with Putin and he tells him, they’re talking about Ukraine and he says, “Vladimir, you shouldn’t, like, attack Ukraine, cause then I’m gonna – well I never liked those big – what are those things you’ve got in Moscow? Those big bubbles, those big gold bubbles. I never liked those things. So, I’m going to have to blow ‘em up.

“So, Putin says, ‘They’re churches.’ And he said, ‘Oh, Vladimir. Don’t tell me that about churches. Oh, come on. Churches? You can fool Bush, you can’t fool me. Churches, you care about churches?’ That’s what he’s like.”
    Not much going on, just Trump's (former) personal lawyer talking about how Trump apparently threatened to blow up churches in Moscow's Red Square to prove that he really was tough on Putin.

I know those are probably Russian Orthodox (since I brain farted) churches, but I can't imagine the religious right being too keen on someone threatening to blow up houses of worship, especially for one of the flavors of their own religions. Then again, Trump is basically the Son of God according to them, so maybe he can get away with it...he will.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-03-23 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Verging on hyperinflation, gas prices spiraling out of control, supply lines still damaged, unemployment figures in the gutter, no real energy policy, begging the Saudi's for more oil production, finally the reveal of the laptop we all knew about, the Biden family are as corrupt as they come, a president who doesn't know where he is, the US made to look like a laughing stock on the world stage. No more mean tweets tho!

Oh these are facts, but the insane, frothing at the mouth ultra left wing mods are going to be giving me my monthly infraction, so with that said..

LET'S GO BRANDON!

See you in a month.

Infracted.
    I know you are banned, but nothing you said is true or something the president can control.

1. Inflation, is a global problem right now, and the president doesn't control it.
    2. Gas prices are controlled by OPEC and they made a deal with Trump to reduce production for 2 years.
    3. I haven't seen a supply line issue since the shortages in 2020 when people were stupid.
    4. Funny, cuz Unemployment is 3.8%, Biden has created almost 8 million jobs since becoming president.
    5. He has energy policy, but you haven't read it.
    6. Trump begged Putin for oil in 2019 and 2020.
    7. And the Laptop is nothing. There is nothing illegal on it, and yet you claim that the Bidens are corrupt, even though we have 22 fucking years of Biden's tax returns. Meanwhile, Jared and Ivanka made $640 million during their time in office, Trump spent $150 million golfing at his own resorts, we know Trump is owned by Russia and China, and you can't point to a single shred of evidence that shows that Biden is owned by anyone else like Trump was.

And Trump is worse cognitively than Biden is.

I know those are probably Roman Catholic churches
    Eastern Orthodox, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Eastern Orthodox, actually.
    Fuck, meant to write "Russian Orthodox" but I guess I've got deadbrain after a busy day at work >.<

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I know you are banned, but nothing you said is true or something the president can control.

1. Inflation, is a global problem right now, and the president doesn't control it.
    2. Gas prices are controlled by OPEC and they made a deal with Trump to reduce production for 2 years.
    3. I haven't seen a supply line issue since the shortages in 2020 when people were stupid.
    4. Funny, cuz Unemployment is 3.8%, Biden has created almost 8 million jobs since becoming president.
    5. He has energy policy, but you haven't read it.
    6. Trump begged Putin for oil in 2019 and 2020.
    7. And the Laptop is nothing. There is nothing illegal on it, and yet you claim that the Bidens are corrupt, even though we have 22 fucking years of Biden's tax returns. Meanwhile, Jared and Ivanka made $640 million during their time in office, Trump spent $150 million golfing at his own resorts, we know Trump is owned by Russia and China, and you can't point to a single shred of evidence that shows that Biden is owned by anyone else like Trump was.

And Trump is worse cognitively than Biden is.
    8. Trump used Kid Rock as a Foreign Policy advisor on North Korea, yet even more proof that Trump is unstable and a danger to the world.

- - - Updated - - -

“An Eastvale mother is furious after discovering a video showing her daughter’s preschool teacher [Turning Point Christian School- Norco] leading a political chant in which 4 & 5 y/o students were calling for President Joe Biden to leave office.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1505046891355992065
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    What a dumbass.
    UPDATE: Dumbass loses Trump's support.

Trump has publicly un-endorsed Rep. Brooks for literally no other reason than

When I endorsed Mo Brooks, he took a 44-point lead and was unstoppable. He then hired a new campaign staff who 'brilliantly' convinced him to 'stop talking about the 2020 Election'.

Very sad but, since he decided to go in another direction, so have I, and I am hereby withdrawing my Endorsement of Mo Brooks for the Senate. I don’t think the great people of Alabama will disagree with me. Election Fraud must be captured and stopped, or we won’t have a Country anymore.
    As a reminder, not only has Rep. Brooks been a faithful ally for the last six years, but also, Trump is continuing to push election fraud with not only no evidence, but the evidence against as well. Brooks made a choice to focus on relevant issues and as such Trump, continuing to spout conspiracy theories with nothing but his word to back them, dropped him.

I also like how Trump took credit for Brooks' 44-point lead. It's like taking credit for unemployment dropping from 42% on Jan 20, 2017.

"Breccia didn't you personally point out Brooks turned on Sen. McConnnel?"

Why yes I did, it was literally 2 days ago, thank you for noticing voice in my head.

"So...if Brooks doesn't have the Party of Trump and he doesn't have the Republican Party, what does he have?"

Well, for his sake, I would hope the people of Alabamer. But he's up for re-election this very year, I mean duh he's a Representative of course he is, and he could now be double-primaried.

In the Party of Trump, there is only loyalty to Trump. Even saying "let's move on from 2020" is now heresy. Trump is still claiming election fraud. So, yeah, you know what this means. Any Trump supporter who dares to show their face in these forums, must now speak out on election fraud. This is the Trump thread, Trump has made it very clear election fraud is his biggest (only?) issue, therefore, we need to hear from Trump supporters their opinion on the subject. Anything else will be summarily handwaved, because the biggest issue for Trump in a Trump thread needs to be discussed by Trump supporters before anything else like, I dunno, Biden's good unemployment results.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't mean to suggest non-Trump supporters need to discuss, or not discuss, election fraud. We can discuss any Trump-related topic as normal. Trump has simply made election fraud his only issue, and therefore, Trump supporters' point of view on the subject is now mandatory. Everyone else is not so restricted, we follow candidates with more than one platform issue.