10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    So this is just going to stall in the Senate, right?
    At time of writing, probably, but even McConnell says there will have to be a vote, once the House drops it in their lap.

Republican Senators will be forced to put their name on the line saying "I believe this behavior is acceptable".

The more Trump talks/tweets and how things seem to be going downhill, McConnell may be worried that he will have to hold that hearing quick.
    A commander-in-chief going insane will NOT be in anyone's best interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    At time of writing, probably, but even McConnell says there will have to be a vote, once the House drops it in their lap.

Republican Senators will be forced to put their name on the line saying "I believe this behavior is acceptable".
    I feel like he’s dug himself in such a deep hole, that when it comes time for impeachment, given that he won’t resign, even enough Republicans will vote to impeach. I’m calling it now, I think Trump will be impeached rather than resigning or running out the clock and getting voted out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The more Trump talks/tweets and how things seem to be going downhill, McConnell may be worried that he will have to hold that hearing quick.
    Yeah, this shit will be used against them, until cries of ‘stop talking about Trump’ actually work... like they did with Bush.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    as long as he continues to rubber stamp activist judges, moscow mitch won't care.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    as long as he continues to rubber stamp activist judges, moscow mitch won't care.
    At some point he will though, because Pence will also rubber stamp the same judges, and he costs a fuck load less political capital to prop up.

And also keep in mind, all Mitch has to do is his Constitutionally required duty re the Impeachment trial (of which that memo release date and "necro'ing" seem very well timed, Machiavellian style). And mean while he can work on President Pence and the next moves after the Impeachment, while the Democrats spend considerable time/energy on Trump/Impeachment.

Even as Trump loses, Moscow Mitch is winning.

Help me understand this "investigate the investigators" thing.

So, the Democrats were so scared of President Trump they started working with the FBI and CIA(and others?) to create a plan in 2016 to overthrow President Trump by investigating his campaigns ties to Russia. And instead of using this information during the campaign to help Clinton win, they instead save it for after Trump takes office so that they can impeach Trump and replace him with Pence. And the Democrats somehow got Trump to appoint and/or corrupted Trump appointees to help them with this plot.

What I'm wondering is what level of absolute pure idiocy do I need to dive down to for this to start making sense? Because it seems to me the only one who benefits from this scenario is Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    So this is just going to stall in the Senate, right?
    Nope, the Republicans would love nothing more then to broadcast Trump being cleared on the Senate floor on repeat for months.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Which should have been the point all along.

Putting your name down to officially be against or in favor of corruption.

Impeaching Trump is not about getting him out, its about campaigning on the fact you were against corruption while your opponent thought it was ok fine peachy keen.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    At some point he will though, because Pence will also rubber stamp the same judges, and he costs a fuck load less political capital to prop up.

And also keep in mind, all Mitch has to do is his Constitutionally required duty re the Impeachment trial (of which that memo release date and "necro'ing" seem very well timed, Machiavellian style). And mean while he can work on President Pence and the next moves after the Impeachment, while the Democrats spend considerable time/energy on Trump/Impeachment.

Even as Trump loses, Moscow Mitch is winning.
    While I agree there is a "point of no return" eventually, Trump also gets the general public distracted with his twits and scandals, no one notices Moscow mitch tearing down the republic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Help me understand this "investigate the investigators" thing.

So, the Democrats were so scared of President Trump they started working with the FBI and CIA(and others?) to create a plan in 2016 to overthrow President Trump by investigating his campaigns ties to Russia. And instead of using this information during the campaign to help Clinton win, they instead save it for after Trump takes office so that they can impeach Trump and replace him with Pence. And the Democrats somehow got Trump to appoint and/or corrupted Trump appointees to help them with this plot.

What I'm wondering is what level of absolute pure idiocy do I need to dive down to for this to start making sense? Because it seems to me the only one who benefits from this scenario is Pence.
    You mad a common mistake, thinking the right cares about logic, facts and Truth

WELL HELLO THERE AGAIN

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...rs-grand-jury/

The unredacted ADAG Declaration indicated that DOJ broadly interpreted Rule 6(e) as cloaking in secrecy the identities of individuals who did not testify before the grand jury. DOJ’s assertion that identifying individuals who did not testify before the grand jury as part of the Mueller investigation would reveal “a matter occurring before the grand jury” is without merit and rejected. Accordingly, DOJ must refile a redacted version of the ADAG Declaration with the first sentence, part of the second sentence, and the final sentence of paragraph four unredacted.
    TLDR: DoJ redacted the names of witnesses who did not testify in front of a Grand Jury and shouldn't have been redacted. Judge is ordering them to release names.

Wonder who will turn up in this...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    WELL HELLO THERE AGAIN

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...rs-grand-jury/

TLDR: DoJ redacted the names of witnesses who did not testify in front of a Grand Jury and shouldn't have been redacted. Judge is ordering them to release names.

Wonder who will turn up in this...
    That’s just crazy, if I’m understanding it correctly. They did not testify in front of the grand jury, therefore are not part of the report that was redacted due to “grand jury” reasons, right? So seems like they just didn’t want the names revealed?

EDIT: Deleting original post because I thought it was something different. My bad. >_<
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2019-10-25 at 03:30 PM.

So we have this pathetic stunt where a bunch of Republicans stormed a closed door meeting about a third of them already had access to to protest how "secret" it was when half the committee is Republican, meanwhile our resident turnip farmers are back to pushing some paper thin nonsense about Strzok and Page again lol.

The stink of desperation is palpable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The stink of desperation is palpable.
    Indeed. Remember, we already know that Team Trump worked with Putin and did it on purpose. Whether or not the person who found this information was biased is completely irrelevant. The FISA warrants were approved based on their merits. And Mueller was pretty thorough. It's like saying "the whistleblower is a Democrat" when the ICIG was a Trump appointee and has already testified.

At best, and this is a real stretch, I admit it's possible that some FBI agents broke the law to get this information and Mueller somehow missed that. Problem is, we still know the info, and there is no "fruit of the poisonous tree" in a re-election campaign. Even if Barr was somehow able to find enough proof of a crime to put them in jail, Trump will still have to defend his record. What's he going to do during the debates? Tell the moderator "You have to pretend you don't know I worked with Russia on purpose"?

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Welcome Back, Mueller Probe! ^_^

Mueller report probe will be criminal investigation

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50178197

Here's the key bits:

• Probe has now officially changed from a review to a criminal investigation

• The change from a review to a criminal inquiry means that investigators can now issue subpoenas for witness testimony and documents.

• The New York Times says it is not clear what potential crime is being investigated.
    It's just Bill Barr giving a hand job to Dear Donald, who has had a bad, bad, bad few weeks.

Nothingburder.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It's just Bill Barr giving a hand job to Dear Donald, who has had a bad, bad, bad few weeks.

Nothingburder.
    oh gods damnit... I misread the title/article. I thought it was the probe EVOLVING into an investigation of Dump, not Bumbling Barr pulling a benghazi and investigating the probe itself. Ugh...

This is what I get for reading/responding to things at 2am, while hopped up on lots of caffene, after seeing an arthouse movie about two lighthouse keepers going bonkers drunk for 2 hours. >_<

PASS! >_<

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    oh gods damnit... I misread the title/article. I thought it was the probe EVOLVING into an investigation of Dump, not Bumbling Barr pulling a benghazi and investigating the probe itself. Ugh...

This is what I get for reading/responding to things at 2am, while hopped up on lots of caffene, after seeing an arthouse movie about two lighthouse keepers going bonkers drunk for 2 hours. >_<

PASS! >_<
    What? Nothing about the picture I'm i ntroducing into everyone's head.

Of this man:

Giving this man:

A hand job?

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    What? Nothing about the picture I'm i ntroducing into everyone's head.

Of this man:

[img]https://images.axios.com/fCehAvFe00J-X6rMI-iztmFwB4I=/0x200:1920x1280/1920x1080/2019/05/02/1556790875108.jpg[img]

Giving this man:

[img]https://cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/190207155046-02-trump-health-exlarge-169.jpg[img]

A hand job?

[img]https://media.tenor.com/images/1df03768272da301b3eabb1979c8ad91/tenor.gif[img]
    Ain't nobody want'n to picture that! >_<

;P