Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Anyone find it hard to take Sylvanas seriously as Horde leader?

She seems so weak and uninspiring compared to Anduin. The Horde needs a real leader like Thrall or Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    haha, no. She is the only one ive taken serious SINCE Thrall. Gary and "Smokin it" Vol Jin... yah what a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Haha. Nice try OP

10+ Year Old Account
    I think she's great as the Forsaken leader, but agree that she doesn't seem like much of a Warchief for the Horde.

She receives constant character development though so we'll see where she goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not anymore.

Deleted
    It's ridiculous. They made a 180° turn with her character in Legion. Before that it was even questioned if she cares about her own people or if she just uses them as a means to an end. Now she's all "For the Horde" 'n' stuff. Give me a break.

10+ Year Old Account
    What, a character that's died three times and has displayed nothing but ruthless incompetence and an unflappable commitment to the same dull angsty character motivation her entire tenure doesn't make for a good leader?

Say it ain't so.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

She’s a rather weak character overall since mid-WotLK in my opinion. It was great to see her go banshee mode in the cinematic, but I can’t really take her seriously as a Warchief.

It feels incredibly forced and alien. It’s like cooking food but sadly you bought one wrong ingredient and you just have to do your best with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordolf View Post
    It's ridiculous. They made a 180° turn with her character in Legion. Before that it was even questioned if she cares about her own people or if she just uses them as a means to an end. Now she's all "For the Horde" 'n' stuff. Give me a break.
    She isn't all "for the Horde" she even said that she doesn't really care about the Horde. She's using the Horde for her own benefit. They never made a 180 turn with her.

Deleted
    Except that the Horde would've been decimated on the Broken Shore if it wasn't for her ''incapable ass'' to make the tough decision. She has something that Thrall had too. She cares for her people. She extended that care from the forsaken to the Horde, or at least she is going to during this expansion. I find that pretty solid character building. At the end of the day, is she the ideal warchief? No. Was she the best pick at the time? Hell yes.

Deleted
    I kinda agree, but really it all comes down to the place the forsaken has within the Horde overall. Back when WoW was released a lot of people questioned the whole idea of the forsaken being accepted into the horde, and we got the half-assed response that they were allowed in on a "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" basis. But there was always the issue of how the forsaken behaved and their use of plagues and other nasty stuff. Now it feels like that whole issue has somehow been swept under the rug, forsaken are just another race within the horde, and honestly that has watered down the whole identity of the forsaken because Blizz can't make them do things like they did during Wrath because then it's weird for them to be a part of the horde and Sylvanas to be Warchief, but if they don't do things like that their whole identity and purpose takes a blow.

Deleted
    I think the main problem is that Sylvanas was not "built" to be Horde leader, unlike Anduin for Alliance. For example, they focused a lot, during MoP, on Vol'jin and his revolution. A wasted effort, since he died without doing nothing "spectacular". Sadly the focus on Legion on Sylvanas was counter-productive: the arc with Genn just showed how Sylavanas is selfish for his forsaken. Maybe if they focused more on Sylvanas, as future Horde leader, during MoP and WoD and Legion, things cuold be different.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind her as the leader of the forsaken (although, I do feel like an actual undead human would make a better leader for a faction of undead humans), she did her job as the untrustworthy ally well enough.

I DO have an issue with her being the leader of the Horde. Strength and honour, those are the core tenets of the Horde.
    Thrall showed strength and honour.
    Garrosh showed strength and honour.
    Vol'jin showed strength and honour... sort of.
    Sylvanas fights with underhanded tricks and selfishness. These aren't necessarily bad things and by no means is she bad character, but they aren't traits the figurehead of the Horde should have.

#MaketheHordeGreatAgain
    #SaurfangforWarchief2018
    #NotmyBitchQueen

Also, my opinion of her might improve if she wore something more fitting for a queen of the dead instead of dressing like a lowly edgelord scout. I hated Jaina until her redesign, it's amazing what a costume more fitting for one's position can do.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2017-11-09 at 09:29 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

I don't take her seriously, as Blizzard constantly use her as symbol of PVP and I don't care about PVP, play on PVE server and treat all this crappy PVP-related quests (like starting quest line in Stormheim) and BFA cinematic as some kind of joke. Too much time and effort are being spent to build relations with another faction and some PVP-related crap, where we should feel some sort of rage and anger against enemy faction, kill other faction's NPCs - is just like it's from another planet and completely disjoined from main storyline.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    She seems so weak and uninspiring compared to Anduin. The Horde needs a real leader like Thrall or Garrosh.
    Nah, find it more right with her. Had a harder time to take Garrosh seriously as a Horde leader.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Should've been Lorthemar.

I think she is at least the right power level for a faction leader. She has special powers and is proficient at combat, yet she isn't the chosen one either, unlike some others like Tyrande who in lore is essentially under protection of Elune and can't be harmed, Thrall, who was the World Shaman and now Anduin, who is apprently the child of Light and is going to squash all evil in the universe one da and shows of on the battle field like the 25k year old Velen who is steeped in light. She is also not useless like certain other leaders who have nothing going for them, see Voljin and Garrosh essentially, not to mention Gallywix, Baine, to a degree Lor'themar (even though is at least strategically competent), the dwarf wankers or the gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    Glad you're happy following little Simba around.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I bet those poor schmucks in the siege engine took her seriously, right before she went all banshee crazy.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Well, voljin himself said he did not trust her when he appointed her warchief. So id say this thread is a sign that blizzard is achieving the goal they had set when they went this direction with her.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.