Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Might mean nothing, but in the Achievement and String changes on the new PTR Build 25600 there are these named:

World Safe Locations
    A Dark Place
    7.3.5 - Uuna Scenario (New)

Forge of Aeons
    7.3.5 Lightforged Draenei - Unlock Scenario - Start (New)
    Forge of Aeons (New)

So I'm still going with the theory that they will be part of 7.3.5 although maybe not right when the patch hits the servers.

Edit.: Also, would it make sense for 7.3.5 to hit servers and have all our racial leaders stand in the embassy talking about how we should recruit those 4 races to join our alliances for months?
    Last edited by Firen; 2017-12-05 at 06:36 AM.

I don't care about Allied Races anyway. I have enough alts not to want even more duplicate characters. Only one thing can make me level new characters - new race class combinations. So, I guess, I will need to wait for Grimtotem Taurens to join either Horde or Alliance, so I will finally have my sweet Tauren Rogues.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Im not going to read 4 pages of text, but, didnt DH came at prepatch? So I'm guessing these races will toom

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    But they didn't offer DH's with 6.2. They dropped DHs a few weeks prior to Legion, not months and months early.

Next time, think before you try to post something snarky.
    Yep, but again, DHs only had a two hour questing experience to max level. If allied races are to be a pre-purchase bonus, they would have to come earlier than that, since returning players would need to get a normal race to max level, grind out rep, then level up the allied race, all between them becoming available and expansion release. Only if that is made possible can those things truly be equated.

The switch to enable the first four Allied Races will be flipped as soon as Antorus activity dies down.

This feature is a marketing wet-dream, and whoever pitched it should be getting a raise. It is a purely cosmetic feature with no new expansion content. It will not only get players to continue to pay to replay old content, but could possibly increase their pre-order numbers for the next expansion (if they choose to gate it that way) in whatever quarter Activision feels they need a sales bump.

Genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    The switch to enable the first four Allied Races will be flipped as soon as Antorus activity dies down.

This feature is a marketing wet-dream, and whoever pitched it should be getting a raise. It is a purely cosmetic feature with no new expansion content. It will not only get players to continue to pay to replay old content, but could possibly increase their pre-order numbers for the next expansion (if they choose to gate it that way) in whatever quarter Activision feels they need a sales bump.

Genius.
    Indeed... especially if they offer the ability to turn on the four non-expansion-specific allied races as well as the six-slot character slot bump as a bonus for pre-ordering BfA. Suddenly, people have a reason to create and level new characters, even the ones who have maxed out with one class each. Even if you're not raiding, you suddenly have much more you can do.

All of the new strings unveiled today lend even further credence to this.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I don't care about Allied Races anyway. I have enough alts not to want even more duplicate characters. Only one thing can make me level new characters - new race class combinations. So, I guess, I will need to wait for Grimtotem Taurens to join either Horde or Alliance, so I will finally have my sweet Tauren Rogues.
    Good luck waiting on tauren rogues.

Deleted
    Why would they add them in 7.3.5 if they won't be available in that patch? It isn't like Blizz added worgen and goblins in 3.3.5

But they didn't offer DH's with 6.2. They dropped DHs a few weeks prior to Legion, not months and months early.

Next time, think before you try to post something snarky.
    And Demon Hunters started at level 98 not level 20 like Allied races. Allied races will need more time to be leveled (which pairs great with the new leveing in 7.3.5) .Demon Hunters were also an entire new class, not reskinned existing models.

If the stuff being datamined from 7.3.5 was really in preparation for BfA you don't think it's a strange coincidence that all of the files pertain to the Allied races who's reputations are on the Broken Isles and that there are no art assests for Gilneas or Zandalar or any of the BfA zones?

Do some more thinking yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome View Post
    My prediction is this:

They're getting the old-world leveling and scaling ready, as well as the new faction embassies, in preparation for the new Allied Races. Since the expansion is most likely going to be about a year away, it makes sense for them to allow us to Pre-Order the new expac in order to quest and level up the new allied races as we wait for the new xpac to drop. This would give many players something to do while enduring the content drought, and it also gives time for players to prepare these new characters for the next expansion.

If they didn't plan for us to use Allied Races this early, then surely they could have only given us the level scaling of the zones? Wouldn't they have left the embassy hubs for the Pre-Patch closer to launch? Since we're getting these things in the ptr now, and plus a new bg, I'm certain we're going to be playing 4 of the 6 allied races before BfA hits (that is, if you've pre-ordered).

Also, if Blizzard did not do this, it would be a bit awkward to have an expansion drop, but also have this decision to either play in the new zones, or go through all of azeroth etc. again for a new allied race. It just seems it would create a division among players being in different locations, rather than consuming the new expansion content at the same time.
    it is odd that bfa content is in a legion patch so far from release. either bfa is closer than we think or some allied races will be going live sooner than bfa

7+ Year Old Account
    If they add them or just a few of them in 7.3.5 or before BFA launch, they are gonna drain the content of BFA. They are gonna take away some of the possible hype or product value from buying the expansion and it will make the launch feel alot worse.

So no, i don't think they will add them before time....Or if they do, it will be in the pre-patch for BFA 1-2 months before the launch and then it will only be the Voidforged and Nightborne.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Yep, but again, DHs only had a two hour questing experience to max level. If allied races are to be a pre-purchase bonus, they would have to come earlier than that, since returning players would need to get a normal race to max level, grind out rep, then level up the allied race, all between them becoming available and expansion release. Only if that is made possible can those things truly be equated.
    Wanna play a Paladin on Horde side for BC launch? Have fun doing classic for the next to weeks, while everyone else is enjoying outland.
    Wanna play a DK at WotLK launch? Bet you are going to have a blast doing BC all over again.
    Wanna play a Monk at Pandaria launch? Cash up!

Everything is possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    And Demon Hunters started at level 98 not level 20 like Allied races. Allied races will need more time to be leveled (which pairs great with the new leveing in 7.3.5) .Demon Hunters were also an entire new class, not reskinned existing models.

If the stuff being datamined from 7.3.5 was really in preparation for BfA you don't think it's a strange coincidence that all of the files pertain to the Allied races who's reputations are on the Broken Isles and that there are no art assests for Gilneas or Zandalar or any of the BfA zones?

Do some more thinking yourself.
    We'll see. I think it's odd that they'd give you a BfA feature so far ahead of the expansion (and leveling is still going to be pretty fast). Now, will they ship them with more lead time than DHs? yeah, probably. But 8-12 months? That would be surprising and more than a little odd to me since they're so much a part of BfA marketing.

The last sentence was because someone DIRECTLY compared the two, ignoring the vast difference in lead time. Something you did too. Jesus, people.....

- - - Updated - - -

Earlier, yes. I could see 2-3 months. But 8 months or more? Maybe... but then allied races seem like a clusterfuck to me. if I want a Zandalari troll I need to level up a troll that I don't care about, grind rep, then create a Zandalari and THEN level THAT? Maybe I underestimate the tolerance for pointless grinding in the current player base but there's no way in hell I'd do that. Sure, it's not bad if you HAVE a troll (in this example) but if you never leveled one because you didn't like the current look, you're really pretty screwed.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-12-05 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'd be surprised if they gave us allied races before the expansion goes on sale. It's a big selling point.

The only way they would do that is if WoW is in a huge slump, like they did with LFR at the end of Cata. Slim chance though.
    But if they make you pre-order for early access to Allied Races, they've already locked in your purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing it will be a slow drip, new quests every week for a month or two starting with 3.5, Allied races at the end of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Wanna play a Paladin on Horde side for BC launch? Have fun doing classic for the next to weeks, while everyone else is enjoying outland.
    Wanna play a DK at WotLK launch? Bet you are going to have a blast doing BC all over again.

Everything is possible.
    Mhm. That is obviously only in regards to them being a pre-order bonus. Those are supposed to be early-access features. You commit to the game early, you get something ahead of others, the usual deal. For such a deal, it would not make sense to only give a week or two to level up.

We'll see. I think it's odd that they'd give you a BfA feature so far ahead of the expansion (and leveling is still going to be pretty fast). Now, will they ship them with more lead time than DHs? yeah, probably. But 8-12 months? That would be surprising and more than a little odd to me since they're so much a part of BfA marketing.

The last sentence was because someone DIRECTLY compared the two, ignoring the vast difference in lead time. Something you did too. Jesus, people.....

- - - Updated - - -

Earlier, yes. I could see 2-3 months. But 8 months or more? Maybe... but then allied races seem like a clusterfuck to me. if I want a Zandalari troll I need to level up a troll that I don't care about, grind rep, then create a Zandalari and THEN level THAT? Maybe I underestimate the tolerance for pointless grinding in the current player base but there's no way in hell I'd do that. Sure, it's not bad if you HAVE a troll (in this example) but if you never leveled one because you didn't like the current look, you're really pretty screwed.
    Yeah, I would prefer that too.
    As for the rep grind, you can always just set aside like 600k gold today and prepare a race change. The reputation requirements for the non-BfA storyline ARs seem to be across faction and you will likely get everything you need to unlock Zandalari from doing the content on Zandalar, so it doesn't seem too egregious. Only problem would be having to level a horde char from the ground up if you have none.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I would prefer that too.
    As for the rep grind, you can always just set aside like 600k gold today and prepare a race change. The reputation requirements for the non-BfA storyline ARs seem to be across faction and you will likely get everything you need to unlock Zandalari from doing the content on Zandalar, so it doesn't seem too egregious. Only problem would be having to level a horde char from the ground up if you have none.
    Yeah, I have a couple of Horde toons but they're not trolls. I just think this is going to go over like a lead balloon as people realize what they have to do if they're like me and never rolled a main race but are interested in the allied race attached to that main race.

Sure, I can pay Blizzard to race change but that feels like double dipping ("here, buy the expansion and get these allied races... oh you don't have the main one? Spend dozens of hours leveling a toon you don't care about or pay more..."). For people with lots of alts, etc it won't be an issue but for some of us it will be. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post

Everything is possible.
    That was before they pushed towards having pre-order bonuses.

Yeah, I have a couple of Horde toons but they're not trolls. I just think this is going to go over like a lead balloon as people realize what they have to do if they're like me and never rolled a main race but are interested in the allied race attached to that main race.

Sure, I can pay Blizzard to race change but that feels like double dipping ("here, buy the expansion and get these allied races... oh you don't have the main one? Spend dozens of hours leveling a toon you don't care about or pay more..."). For people with lots of alts, etc it won't be an issue but for some of us it will be. We'll see.
    It seems you're under the impression that you have to have a troll at max level to unlock zandalari trolls. You don't...

You don't have to have a troll to unlock zandalari trolls.... you just have to have a horde character...

Despite what some people keep saying, these are not "Sub Races" and they are in no way tied to an existing race...
    Last edited by Pebble; 2017-12-05 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It will contain them. There were leaks saying they'd be out before BfA and they're currently turning up int he Alpha.

Also, it doesn't make any logical sense for them not to be.

If they're released with BfA, players will have to either ignore them while they level and check the new zones, or they'll ignore the new zones and level the new race they want. Neither is ideal.

If they're released in a patch before BfA it will keep players entertained and they can spend time levelling up their new characters in the wait until the next expansion (and keep paying a sub for this time)
    You know, like with a certain heroic class that was released after TBC...