Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aya L View Post
    I'm working as a 'Vårdbiträde' in elderly care, which means I'm helping elderly people with their hygiene, getting them dressed, serving food, assisting them in their homes, cleaning, doing their laundry, shopping for them. I enjoy it on the good days but on the bad days it can be pretty soul draining.
    Software Developer. And yes, I love it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Retired now. But when I worked, I was a work group supervisor for a 3 shift operation of about 35 technicians who repaired computer flight control systems for the Department of Defense. For all branches. I did not enjoy it. It paid really well and I had great benefits and now am reaping the rewards from it. I Love retirement.

I own and operate a lawn care company. I was fed up with how the big guys do things. Thought I could do it better. I was right.

IT schlub. My job has its perks, but saying I enjoy it would be a stretch to say the least. I, like the vast majority of employed people, do what I do because I have bills to pay, not because I actually *like* what I do.

Anonymous cog in the wheel, and all that.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2017-12-12 at 01:31 AM.

I'm a county tax collector. It's easy, it pays well, has room for growth but it's damn boring.

I am an English teacher at a private institute (this is a Spanish speaking country).

I normally love my job, but it depends a lot on the students. For the most part my kids are awesome and make my job feel more like a hobbie than a job, but when I get the rare spoiled brat who wants to disrupt the class and prevent everyone else from learning, that's when my job sucks and becomes stressful. You gotta handle children with silk gloves, because hell knows no fury like that of an entitled parent.

Teaching adults is almost entirely a pleasant experience through and through because unlike kids, they actually WANT to learn English.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Deskside Technician at Nike WHQ. Love the job, hate what I get paid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

IT analyst, 24/7/365 monitoring of my company's infrastructure and systems (we're a global IT infrastructure provider). I love the work itself and it's never boring, when systems don't break for any other reasons you can bank on some consultant breaking something by not planning his work properly or forgetting to disable systems before they start working. When everything's working exactly as it should it could be boring but there's always plex or something on the tv to keep you occupied.

IT work specifically email / O365 and i like it cause my leadership team rocks.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Retired now. But when I worked, I was a work group supervisor for a 3 shift operation of about 35 technicians who repaired computer flight control systems for the Department of Defense. For all branches. I did not enjoy it. It paid really well and I had great benefits and now am reaping the rewards from it. I Love retirement.
    Oh so you could kill people legally, excellent.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Oh so you could kill people legally, excellent.
    I did not pull the trigger or give the orders. That is somewhat like blaming General Foods for supplying troops with cereal. But what we did, did help your ass from being nuked. lol!

15+ Year Old Account
    I work as a nuclear medicine technologist. Mostly diagnostics, but occasionally administer radiation therapies for hyperthyroidism, cancer, neuroendocrine tumors, etc. It's pretty easy work and most patients are easy to work with. You do get a fair bit of gamma/beta/x-ray exposure over time though.

Enjoy it for the most part, you see a lot of cancer cases but you also get to see people improve as their treatments progress. When I was working at the university of alberta hospital and cross cancer institute during my practicum we got a lot more of the depressing/dark cases (ie: kids with cancer, kids who are brain-dead from parental abuse and are being scanned to see if their organs can be harvested, etc.).
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not pull the trigger or give the orders. That is somewhat like blaming General Foods for supplying troops with cereal. But what we did, did help your ass from being nuked. lol!
    Yeah yeah, but you were part of the organization that is actually responsible for taking care of people who know too much legally, that the CIA and NSA gets blamed for huh!

Where are the hidden body's GP, where is Jimmy Hoffa, Aliens? You are a terrifying man

But thanks for not letting us get nuked. I like when it isn't fucking 10,000 degrees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah yeah, but you were part of the organization that is actually responsible for taking care of people who know too much legally, that the CIA and NSA gets blamed for huh!

Where are the hidden body's GP, where is Jimmy Hoffa, Aliens? You are a terrifying man

But thanks for not letting us get nuked. I like when it isn't fucking 10,000 degrees.
    I can not tell. Sssshhh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can not tell. Sssshhh.
    Hahaha but yeah GP was the real life MIB how about that, pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha but yeah GP was the real life MIB how about that, pretty cool.
    Do not pay any attention to those guys you see in the Mall with dark suits and sunglasses on. They are not dangerous. Only observing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do not pay any attention to those guys you see in the Mall with dark suits and sunglasses on. They are not dangerous. Only observing.
    Fuck this, I am retiring to Alaska NOW, I have seen nothing! LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck this, I am retiring to Alaska NOW, I have seen nothing! LOL
    lol! A small tip. They are everywhere. Even in Alaska. hahaha.

Deleted
    lol! A small tip. They are everywhere. Even in Alaska. hahaha.
    Lies, we are not in Alaska.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Lies, we are not in Alaska.
    I am not referring to the Brits.