Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think they should remove the XP bonus from all heirlooms.

Instead there should be an Achievement for getting characters to max level. then in each capital there should be an NPC that sells a potion or potions with varied levels of XP bonus for a small amount of gold that can only be bought if you have the Achievements.

So getting one toon to 110 you earn "Elder of Azeroth" which lets you buy a +10% Flask of XP for 24 hours.
    getting a second toon to max level gets you "Elder of Azeroth II" which lets you buy +20 and so on.

this way players with max level toons and opt to BUY the potions they need for a small amount of gold to speed along their process of leveling, or they can just level as normal, this would allow people to use heirlooms but still level at the same pace as new players who dont have any.

Options....

+10% XP for each max-level character? I always though heirlooms were mixing up two things at once, but then again Blizzard loves to do that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankai View Post
    I think they should remove the XP bonus from all heirlooms.

Instead there should be an Achievement for getting characters to max level. then in each capital there should be an NPC that sells a potion or potions with varied levels of XP bonus for a small amount of gold that can only be bought if you have the Achievements.

So getting one toon to 110 you earn "Elder of Azeroth" which lets you buy a +10% Flask of XP for 24 hours.
    getting a second toon to max level gets you "Elder of Azeroth II" which lets you buy +20 and so on.

this way players with max level toons and opt to BUY the potions they need for a small amount of gold to speed along their process of leveling, or they can just level as normal, this would allow people to use heirlooms but still level at the same pace as new players who dont have any.

Options....
    I have wanted a system like this for ages. Though i would prefer simply having a toggle for the extra experience on the character pane or something rather than a flask i have to go to IF/CowBluff to buy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    But leveling is fine. It's just not fine for you.
    The poster you quoted isn't wrong.

The point, which you obviously missed is that the pro-leveling crowd thinks that leveling is fine and dandy and speaks for everyone.
    Like you.

Stop speaking for me.

Plenty of players out there that are taking a dump on the leveling experience.
    I take two dumps on it.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    The poster you quoted isn't wrong.

The point, which you obviously missed is that the pro-leveling crowd thinks that leveling is fine and dandy and speaks for everyone.
    Like you.

Stop speaking for me.

Plenty of players out there that are taking a dump on the leveling experience.
    I take two dumps on it.
    And anti-pro-leveling crowd thinls it's not fine and speak for everyone. We can play this game both ways.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

7+ Year Old Account
    What they need to do is increase the heirlooms exp mod a bit maybe all of them to 15% and have the mod stop at level 101. what you think ?
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Doubling the heirloom XP bonus so you level to 110 in around 24-36 hours solo questing would be about right for me. People who don't want to level so fast can pick their preferred speed by not wearing some or all heirlooms.

I also like the idea of tying heirlooms to achievements for having X characters at max level. So 1 max-level char, you get a 20% boots. Five, 50% boots. Ten, 100% boots.

Another quick update on my recent leveling process using only method-0:

Currently sitting at level 58 right at about 14 hours /played, making it roughly 14.5 minutes per level on average.
    Stockades was only giving 14% of a level each run by 58, which had steadily declined from the 33% or so during the early teens and low 20s.
    Ramparts I pulled the entire dungeon and the final total for exp was back to 30-31% per run at level 58.

My plan is to continue to use Method-0 until 63/64, then try soloing Stockades to see if it's faster or slower.

So far this is still the fastest I've been able to reach 58. If anyone has been able to reach 58 faster than 14 hours without resorting to RAF or experience potions, I'd like to hear how.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    And anti-pro-leveling crowd thinls it's not fine and speak for everyone. We can play this game both ways.
    Well you see i don't insinuate in my posts that i speak for most others if not all others either.

Don't lump me in there with that crowd.

I still take a dump on the new leveling system.

Doesn't mean to say that everyone else will/should take a dump on it as well.

All about wording, Friendo.

So, no game to play, is there...
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Another quick update on my recent leveling process using only method-0:

Currently sitting at level 58 right at about 14 hours /played, making it roughly 14.5 minutes per level on average.
    Stockades was only giving 14% of a level each run by 58, which had steadily declined from the 33% or so during the early teens and low 20s.
    Ramparts I pulled the entire dungeon and the final total for exp was back to 30-31% per run at level 58.

My plan is to continue to use Method-0 until 63/64, then try soloing Stockades to see if it's faster or slower.

So far this is still the fastest I've been able to reach 58. If anyone has been able to reach 58 faster than 14 hours without resorting to RAF or experience potions, I'd like to hear how.
    I'll have to try that.

I'll admit, I was pretty stoked to be leveling and experiencing the story lines of all the zones again as I'm going along, but it is really starting to feel like a slog. I just hit 81 yesterday on my Lightforged Draenei, and the best part of the whole journey was leveling from ~73-79 (ALMOST 80, I stopped just before as I wanted to finish up Dragonblight to hit 80) by grinding Karazhan trash. Took me less than 4 hours total to go from 73-79 (usually got 80-110% of a level each run, with each run taking 15-25 minutes. Get less xp but runs go faster as you gain levels due to you scaling up but mobs staying the same). Took me almost 2 hours to go from 79-81 through questing, with a few quest bugs preventing me from completing some quests as fast as I could have.

After so many years of trash mobs while leveling posing little to no threat, and in Legion being acknowledged/ turned into literal heads of our respective class orders because of our battle prowess and power, it just doesn't feel right, normal, or good IMO for random spider #86576 to pose any kind of threat to me whatsoever and having to actually go through at minimum one full DPS rotation. The scaling is also a little wonky once you're at the level cap for the zone (ie level 80 for the WotLK zones) the trash mobs were actually dangerous 1 v 1, with two posing a real threat and three requiring cooldowns to be used otherwise I'd absolutely die. I was killed by a named non-elite quest mob twice because of the scaling, and them having a special aura doing damage that I just couldn't deal with (can't be interrupted, my heals are pitiful as a Ret paladin). The second I turned 81 though, I was killing everything in 1-3 hits, depending on crits with almost zero damage taken.

I'm still excited that I can choose a zone to level in and just stay there until I'm done with it and still get level relevant xp from it, but the amount of HP a mob has now is just ridiculous IMO, compared to the amount of damage we do when scaled.

Now I'm just looking for the most efficient and fastest way to get xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Now I'm just looking for the most efficient and fastest way to get xp.
    Keep in mind that you can only Method-0 10 times each hour. As I mentioned in a previous post, this has been a VERY passive way to level a character, only logging in every now and then to do the runs before going to do something else for a little while. Perfect for doing Alts while going back to your main to grind for awhile.

EDIT: Also, alliance has a definite advantage here with Stockades. Horde only has RFC, which will take a bit longer per run.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-03-16 at 06:13 PM.

Keep in mind that you can only Method-0 10 times each hour. As I mentioned in a previous post, this has been a VERY passive way to level a character, only logging in every now and then to do the runs before going to do something else for a little while. Perfect for doing Alts while going back to your main to grind for awhile.

EDIT: Also, alliance has a definite advantage here with Stockades. Horde only has RFC, which will take a bit longer per run.
    I'm fine with that. Anything to break-up the monotony that can sometimes set-in during questing on particularly boring or uninspiring quest chains....or quest chains you have simply done 100 times already, like Jade Forest for me.

If I get xp faster and therefore level faster as a result, I'm all for it.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this is on topic or not, but I'm on Draenor right now and I'm shocked on how overtuned some bigger quest mobs are. Some of them I can't even solo, just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I don't know if this is on topic or not, but I'm on Draenor right now and I'm shocked on how overtuned some bigger quest mobs are. Some of them I can't even solo, just wow.
    This was a point several people brought up before. Either go back to Panda land until 92 so your heirlooms can catch up, or hit Timeless Isle for higher iLVL stuff before starting WoD.

Rare monsters are not all intended to be solo'd. Working as intended.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This was a point several people brought up before. Either go back to Panda land until 92 so your heirlooms can catch up, or hit Timeless Isle for higher iLVL stuff before starting WoD.

Rare monsters are not all intended to be solo'd. Working as intended.
    I personally took the garrison xp pot and went for treasure hunting in Draenor, but I slightly regret it because it's even harder now since I'm a little behind on itemlevel : /

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I personally took the garrison xp pot and went for treasure hunting in Draenor, but I slightly regret it because it's even harder now since I'm a little behind on itemlevel : /
    Get flying. Welcome to EZ mode.

On an unrelated note: Tried soloing Stockades at both 63 and 64. At 63 I don't do enough damage to really kill things fast enough, and bosses are legit hard. At 64 I cleared the place much easier, but the grant total experience for it was only 7% of a level. Not worth the trouble.

Method-0 still giving like 25% of a level per Ramparts clear is the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog
    Method-0
    I'm not staying on top of our jargon here, let me make sure I'm not getting more confused than I usually am.

Am I correct in thinking this is the "drag through with a higher level alt" routine? If so, have you found it worthwhile to stagger the alts so that a higher (but not max) character is doing the clear -- or just go ahead and use max level instead of say 90? I'd think that less of a level difference should reduce the penalty for outleveling the dungeon, but I suspect it doesn't or makes little enough difference that it isn't worth the juggling.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I'm not staying on top of our jargon here, let me make sure I'm not getting more confused than I usually am.

Am I correct in thinking this is the "drag through with a higher level alt" routine? If so, have you found it worthwhile to stagger the alts so that a higher (but not max) character is doing the clear -- or just go ahead and use max level instead of say 90? I'd think that less of a level difference should reduce the penalty for outleveling the dungeon, but I suspect it doesn't or makes little enough difference that it isn't worth the juggling.
    Yes. Basically I'm using a 110 to run a lower level character through Stockades and Ramparts.

Honestly, I haven't tested whether or not it matters if the higher level character is 110, or 100, or 90. I suspect it doesn't matter, so long as the higher level character is:

A) Significantly higher level than the character being power-leveled.
    B) Significantly higher level than the content being run.

My guess would be that if either one of those criteria is met, the experience takes a hit. Honestly I think it's probably not worth it to use some sort of staggered set of characters with different level ranges to boost. Having a character at 70, 80, 90, 100, etc, just to maybe eke out a little bit more experience probably isn't worth the hassle unless you want to go with a true dual-box setup.

If someone REALLY wanted to test it, I'd say to get a level 83-84 character that would normally get full experience from soloing normal Ramparts, and see if a deathknight(they start at 58) tagging along gets better experience than if a 110 was present. The problem with this is that the higher level character will eventually outlevel the dungeon, making it of limited utility.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-03-17 at 05:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog
    Honestly I think it's probably not worth it to use some sort of staggered set of characters with different level ranges to boost.
    Thanks! Really, I was just curious. Since I have characters clustered on several servers, and now some of those servers turn out to be linked, I was wondering if I was overlooking efficiencies. I didn't really check with particular care, but on a couple of the servers I wound up doing the drag with 101+ level characters and I didn't have a sense that being less than max level helped.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    may i get the 14h of my life back? lvl70 without any motivation to this grindfest. xp-stretch hits hard at 68, dungeons no longer grant 1 lvl. so i tried Northrend offroad (meaning not the standard aka best route, aka densest quest-hubs) to Howling Fjord with the result of aggressions.
    my problem with questing is the low frequency of interaction, its more like a "Walking Simulator", while dungeons at least demand some concentration. btw - i have every loremaster since WOTLK, and most of BC zones too, i remember every (fakn) quest.

i cant do this. its boring. i ll xp-pot this Lightforged via Darkmoon Faire (quests) to 90, should take 3-4 months, than WoD bonus n treasures on XP-Pot. i would be ok if dungeons at least would give 1 lvl.
    Last edited by mmocdfc202a8dc; 2018-03-17 at 07:04 PM.